GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Papa

Ready to race!
Hey fellas, been lurking on here for a couple of days. Just bought my first VW ever. 2012 GTI Deep Black 6MT. So far I love it and because of this site, have developed a mod disease.

Hope I can contribute to the knowledge at some point too.

Thanks,
John

100ndx

Hi all,

Just taken delivery of UK spec Mk6 TDI (140) Match model in Blue Graphite for the good lady. Not many miles as yet: watch this space!

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
Greetings from Los Angeles, CA!

I am Steve and this is my second GTI and third Volkswagen.

2011 GTI w/DSG, Sunroof and Nav

My first GTI was this 2003 GTI VR6.

Shortly after buying the GTI, I bought this VW too:

After four years of shooting pains in my leg from the 6-speed manual trans, I traded the GTI in for a Nissan Murano. Now almost five years later, the Murano was getting boring, so it was back to the GTI, only this time with a DSG. I couldn't be happier!

The Westfalia is gone too, but this took its place:

Here are more shots of the new baby. The wheels are Borbet BS5 18x8 ET50 from Tirerack. I haven't decided if any more mods are in my future. It never occurred to me to mod my last GTI and this one is really fast on its own, but I do live about 1 mile from an APR dealer and that Carbonio CAI and Stage 1 ECU upgrade looks awfully interesting.

Steve in L.A.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Hi Steve My name is Danny and I am a Dub-O-Haulic. Just playing man Welcome to the Forum. Hope to see you around on here more.

MJV3

Hi,
Just picked up my 2012 Black 4Dr GTI Autobahn with DSG this week. Tinted the windows, ordered my Euro license plate, and painted my fast lane transponder black. This is my 4th VW. I just traded my 2009 Passat for this. Before that, I had a 1985 2Dr Jetta and a 1973 Beetle. There have been Mercedes and BMWs in my past, but none have excited me more than my new GTI.

GrumpyAeroGuy1

Howdy

New to the forum.

"Legacy" VW guy here:D

Sold my last Golf ('86) in 1991. Been driving large trucks since.

My present truck is just about paid off. Looking to keep it and get a GTI... back to my roots.

Learned to drive in Germany on a '78 Golf Diesel outfitted for the Fahrschule. Instructor had full set of pedals and mirrors... LOL...

Mom had a VW 1200 beetle (just about like everyone else in Germany at the time). Cut my driving teeth on that beetle. It was "Signal Orange"...

Still have a German DL...been on the US 30 years.

First Golf was a "Rabbit" Wolfsburg (1983) --- Loved It...

then got a 1986 Golf ...

Traded that after 168,000 trouble free miles for my first truck.

Now, 4 pick-ups and 20 years later, looking to get into a '12 GTI. Test drove one today... awesome. Brought back a lot of nostalgic memories :wub:. LOVE the plaid seats. Reminds me of the first German GTIs of the late 70s (The 110PS K-Jetronics).

Have a lot of expertise tuning the large american GM V8s. May look at tuning the GTi at some point... whole different game I am sure.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.... CHEERS to all !

shadow44

whats up guys

My roomate in college actually got me hooked on VW/Audis. He drove a 1.8T Mk4 jetta that I always drooled over.

So I graduated college a year ago and figured it was time to buy my first new car and take advantage of VW new grad financing program. I looked at GTIs for a while but decided I didn't like the hatchback quite as much as the sedan (still love GTIs, and this was probably the hardest decision i had to make)

After a few weeks of research and test driving both sticks and DSG autos I decided I wanted a black or grey 2012 GLI DSG auto w.o. nav. So I put my old car (o5 toyota celica 161K miles) up on auto trader and withing a few hours had buyer in Richmond, VA. Problem was I live in NJ and the guy didn't want to drive 6 hrs for a test drive. Well my ex fiances brother just so happens to be a VW salesman in Fredericksburg, VA. So i thought i wonder what GLIs they have on their lot. So i got online and turns out the only one they had was exactly what i had been looking for. Problem solved, went on a road trip, sold my car for cash to a kid in richmond, had him give me a ride back to Bill Britts VW in fredericksburg, and drove away w. the car of my dreams!

I met Driverfound in the dealers parking lot on my way out. He showed me the mods on his GTI, gave me some great maintenance pointers and informed me of this site!

So yeah, looking for any suggestions on how to personalize my GLI and am pumped to be part of this Forum!!

Attachments

• SDC10395.jpg
    SDC10395.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 298

daveofds

Lookng to buy a golf TDI. 4 doors are hard to find. Trying tonjusrify purchase on fuel savings a littlr tough since pricen of diesel 11% higher than gas. Consumer report rates very high. I drove one ans
Loved that low end torque! The fuel pump failures are a little
Scary too. I put 25k a year on
My cars. I am hoping for a very long trouble free usage of this vehicle. Arent diesels supposed to go way past 200K? VW service alao gerting a bad rap amd dealers bery relictant to negotiate price. I may have to travel 300 miles to find a dealer who will.

DriverFound1

Ready to race!
My roomate in college actually got me hooked on VW/Audis. He drove a 1.8T Mk4 jetta that I always drooled over.

So I graduated college a year ago and figured it was time to buy my first new car and take advantage of VW new grad financing program. I looked at GTIs for a while but decided I didn't like the hatchback quite as much as the sedan (still love GTIs, and this was probably the hardest decision i had to make)

After a few weeks of research and test driving both sticks and DSG autos I decided I wanted a black or grey 2012 GLI DSG auto w.o. nav. So I put my old car (o5 toyota celica 161K miles) up on auto trader and withing a few hours had buyer in Richmond, VA. Problem was I live in NJ and the guy didn't want to drive 6 hrs for a test drive. Well my ex fiances brother just so happens to be a VW salesman in Fredericksburg, VA. So i thought i wonder what GLIs they have on their lot. So i got online and turns out the only one they had was exactly what i had been looking for. Problem solved, went on a road trip, sold my car for cash to a kid in richmond, had him give me a ride back to Bill Britts VW in fredericksburg, and drove away w. the car of my dreams!

I met Driverfound in the dealers parking lot on my way out. He showed me the mods on his GTI, gave me some great maintenance pointers and informed me of this site!

So yeah, looking for any suggestions on how to personalize my GLI and am pumped to be part of this Forum!!

Welcome Dan! Glad to see ya made it on the site!

Redzgti

Ready to race!
Hi guys,
I just bought my first Vw a month and a half ago already had about 3k miles on it. Its a 2011 GTI 2dr CSG base 6 speed. trying to figure out what im doing here. I've never had a turbo'd car, on top of only owning Japanese cars before.

RobertJ

Everyone calls me Rob. I got my 2012 GTI a week ago. Carbon Steel Grey, 4 door w 6spd man trans. I f#@kn love this car! I've got a long history with VW (2 Type 1s and a first year run of the Scirocco) so VW's have been in my blood for 22 years now. Right now it's all bone stock with the Interlago interior (plaid rules btw..) No plans to chip it at all. Only cold air intake and a cat back.

disclaf

Ready to race!
Hello everybody!
Got my 2012 GTI on Aug. 26th - Tornedo Red, 5 Door, 6 speed MT, sunroof and navi. Just reached 1000 miles. The car is awesome - love every minute in it, to the point of taking longer routes to destinations sometimes. Previous daily drivers were an 86 Porsche 944 and a 2007 Honda Fit Sport (now wife's car). Already looking to mod - have the Audi OEM short shifter on order & sale price from APR for their stage 1 chip flash is very tempting. I've been lurking here for about 3 weeks and have received a great education regarding so many aspects of the MK6 - thanks to everyone for that. Looking forward to learning more!

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
hey all,

My name is Mohammed (Moe'), from Oman. 25yrs old, and a huge VeeDub fan. Got 4 VW's at home, 2 of which I own.

I recently bought a 2012 GTI - CW ,5 Door, DSG, RCD 510 and sunroof. It has 600 KMs on the clock so still fresh to the roads. Loving the OEM look and specs so gona keep it this way for a while.

This is a pic of my first veedub:

GTI.jpg

And this my new ride:

PA015056Resize.jpg

I still got the MK4 GTI which am so in love with ;). Here's a video of the best mod I think I've made to this car:

Milltek Cat-back1

Milltek Cat-back2

Along with these two, we got a 2.0 MK4 Golf and a Passat .:R36 in the house garage :cool:

slickofski

Hello GOLFMK6.COM. First off i would like to thank all of you that contribute to this forum on a regular basis. I have been a member for a month or two and have learned so much thenx to you. My name is Marcin and i am an owner of a spankin new 2012 GTI just picked up yesterday. My previous ride was an MK4 VR6 GTI with a bunch of mods.(God i loved that car). Since yesterday i put 150 miles on the car and couldn't be happier with a stock car. I'm looking forward to pickin your brains on all sorts of dumb stuff and maybe some technical stuff as well. Thenx again for the wealth of knowledge.