GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
what is it with people a the front grips? is it because of call of duty?

I used to think that they would help in a CQB situation until I took a rifle course and brought a rifle that didn't have a VFG. In that class, I ended up gripping the rifle in front of the magazine well to swivel it faster.

OTOH, if you ever shoot a rifle course with a gun that has a railed front end with no rail protectors while you are wearing no gloves, you'll appreciate that front grip! Notice the rail protectors on mine, even though I left the grip on it:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
It's trash. But as long as you like it ��

You say its trash because they became an overly popular accessory with people who don't know why or what the purpose is of them and add them to their rifles for scene points so now it's cool to assume that no one actually finds a verticle fore grip more comfortable and/or makes them more accurate. What works for some doesn't work for all

gliitch

Ready to race!
If you can shoot good groups holding the fore grip (which you can't at any real distance) then you can shoot even better groups holding the rifle the right way.

The grips were designed to Co tool muzzle rise on automatic weapons. Now people have them because they see them on call of duty and pictures of army dudes in Iraq, and we all know the army can't hit crap anyway. Though they do serve a purpose out there but that's a convo for another day.

All in all, don't matter to me if people want them. More power to ya. Just curious why people have them because most don't know the purpose

Goobax

Ready to race!
Ordered the LaRue Tranquilo, now the wait begins.

I need to probably change my rail from 11in to 10in though as it will be going on an 11.5 SBR. I really want to keep it all LaRue but their rails are overly heavy.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So I went to Nashville TN last weekend. You don't realize how bad Gun laws are here until I fired a MAC-11 full auto with a 35rd magazine.

My only complaint was I felt like I was going to develop arthritis from loading those magazines back to back.

ws6616

Ready to race!
about to get a used Beretta PX4 Storm soon as my first gun in my life. still trying to negotiate with the guy for a good deal

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
So guys, what do you think is a reasonable offer for a Kimber Solo 9mm thats been rebuilt by the factory? I had an issue with mine, sent it off in an RMA, bought a Glock 43 so I could carry while it was gone and would rather keep the 43 (no 124 grain BS) now that I have the Kimber back.

While with Kimber, they replaced the Slide, Barrel, Extractor, Sear, Trigger Spring, Trigger pin, and Firing Pin Spring. So from what I can see, its mechanically a new gun (just trigger, firing pin, and frame from the original as I can see it).

New, the gun retails for $815. What would you think is a reasonable price to list mine at, since I no longer have a use for it?

about to get a used Beretta PX4 Storm soon as my first gun in my life. still trying to negotiate with the guy for a good deal

I like the Px4, I had a SC for my first pistol. Too bulky for me to conceal well, but otherwise a great gun

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Ordered the LaRue Tranquilo, now the wait begins.

I need to probably change my rail from 11in to 10in though as it will be going on an 11.5 SBR. I really want to keep it all LaRue but their rails are overly heavy.

Thats an interesting looking can...Doesnt really feel like the design fist with the standard LaRue model, but its for sure cool/interesting looking. Are you running that on a 556. Make sure to report back on this when you get it, I would be interested in hearing some feedback.

Goobax

Ready to race!
Thats an interesting looking can...Doesnt really feel like the design fist with the standard LaRue model, but its for sure cool/interesting looking. Are you running that on a 556. Make sure to report back on this when you get it, I would be interested in hearing some feedback.

I will be running it on a 556 and 300 BO SBR. I know it wont be hearing safe for the 556 SBR but should still be fun to not get bukkaked with all that oil/gas in the face like traditional rifle cans on the AR platform.
Since I ordered day 1, they are also giving me half off of another can whenever I am ready which is awesome. Hopefully they make a dedicated 556 can and I will get that one when it's released

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Thinking about ditching my G22 for a for G19 sometime down the road heh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not digging the 40 anymore?

I streamlined my calibers when we had that ammo shortage 2 years ago. Moved all my pistols to 9mm and 380. I found it too hard to find 40s, and 45s, wanted to focus on stocking on caliber having lots and lots of it.