GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Im pretty confident no new meaningful legislation will be passed as long as Republicans have the house ans senate. but we cant fall asleep at the wheel. If you care about liberty you should be emailing your reps at least once a quarter reminding them you are watching what they are voting for.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Also look at whats happening in Israel over the past few weeks, people are getting butchered in the street by muslim extremest, literally being hit bit butcher knives. Those poor people cant even defend them selves! We need to be thankful every day that we can carry a firearm to protect ourselves and others, and we need to be sure we keep it that way.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Also look at whats happening in Israel over the past few weeks, people are getting butchered in the street by muslim extremest, literally being hit bit butcher knives. Those poor people cant even defend them selves! We need to be thankful every day that we can carry a firearm to protect ourselves and others, and we need to be sure we keep it that way.

Sigh, It's time to stop posting mate..

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Why is that? Its terrifying watching this happen, do you not agree? But I should be keeping politics out of it so maybe your right.

I don't agree that if all those guys had a gun, it would somehow be stopped. But that's not what the thread is for. Let's keep it on topic.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Im getting a 6.5 Grendel AR15 built just in time for a Christmas present to me! Hogs will feel my wrath!

Hog hunting, eh? Are those the predatory sort that wreak havoc on farms, or am I thinking of something else? I've heard hog hunting is a blast :thumbup:

Sent from my iHipster

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Hog hunting, eh? Are those the predatory sort that wreak havoc on farms, or am I thinking of something else? I've heard hog hunting is a blast :thumbup:

Sent from my iHipster

Feral Hogs are a big issue in Texas. They destroy land/crops and are pretty dangerous. There is actually no hunting license required to hunt hogs in Texas.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Feral Hogs are a big issue in Texas. They destroy land/crops and are pretty dangerous. There is actually no hunting license required to hunt hogs in Texas.

Word. That's interesting. What's the typical caliber for that type of thing?

Sent from my iHipster

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iHipster

I have friends that use .223/5.56 AR-15s to hunt hogs whereas my cousin uses his .44 mag. Just about any intermediate cartridge will take a feral hog down with proper shot placement. In fact, I know someone who used to take them down with a .22 revolver, but that is a little too small for my tastes.

If I were to go hog hunting, I'd use a .223/5.56 AR and carry a 10mm for backup.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I have friends that use .223/5.56 AR-15s to hunt hogs whereas my cousin uses his .44 mag. Just about any intermediate cartridge will take a feral hog down with proper shot placement. In fact, I know someone who used to take them down with a .22 revolver, but that is a little too small for my tastes.

If I were to go hog hunting, I'd use a .223/5.56 AR and carry a 10mm for backup.

Gotcha. Man, I love how versatile the .223 is, for hunting purposes and otherwise. It is one of my favorite calibers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

You would have to be pretty damn accurate and very lucky to take down a hog with a single .223 round. At 77 grain max it wont do much damage.

Last edited:

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

Sent from my iHipster

The Grendel is a 6.5x39.
The 6.5 was made from the popular 7.62x39 round

It surpassed the .223/5.56 in performance

Lets use the 77 grain .223 round for example.
840m/s and 1753j

And the 90 grain 6.5 round
880m/s and 2248j

Carrying more speed with more power across the board with a high ballistic coefficient makes it better suited for taking down tougher more resilient targets like a hog. Nothing against the .223, it is a fantastic round but in my opinion it would be terrible for hog hunting.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Im not a hog hunter, in fact I dont hunt at all, but a bunch of friends shoot at hog in the area. From what I hear 6.5 is nasty (in a good way) and so is a 300 Blackout (supersonic)

6.5 @ about a buck a round...thats pricey! I bet you could get those down to about .40 if you reload them.