GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any other cars that I am missing that are good for 25-35k?

McQueen77

Banned
If he's really considering the R, I don't think the Suburu or the Honda (of all cars..) will do it for him. None of those cars even remotely approach the refinement of the R. He wants a nice car w/a nice interior. Not just a really fast, great handling car with a downmarket interior from the mid 90s and 'zany' asian styling. He already had the vette so the Mustang prob isnt an option

That said, I think the R is your best bet. I personally love the F30 3 series, the new turbo I4.. you can tune those but i think its more expensive/difficult and I don't even know if they have a tune yet for the 328 but they up'd their game on the new 3 series for sure. I'm dying to drive one.. the 8 spd auto paired w/the twin turbo 4 is supposed to be superb. You might be able to fine an early lease return 2012 3 series w/low miles floating around. If it were me and I was going to spend R money for a car, Id rather have a BMW or Audi but thats just me.

You could also get a slightly used A4... you are already familiar with the VAG engine platform, the car is ultra easy to mod and tune and its nice..

A new cc chipped is also very nice as well :)

this too! esp the R line.. very nice ride.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If he's really considering the R, I don't think the Suburu or the Honda (of all cars..) will do it for him. None of those cars even remotely approach the refinement of the R. He wants a nice car w/a nice interior. Not just a really fast, great handling car with a shit interior from the mid 90s and 'zany' asian styling.

That said, I think the R is your best bet. I personally love the F30 3 series, the new turbo I4.. you can tune those but i think its more expensive/difficult and I don't even know if they have a tune yet for the 328 but they up'd their game on the new 3 series for sure. I'm dying to drive one.. the 8 spd auto paired w/the twin turbo 4 is supposed to be superb. You might be able to fine an early lease return 2012 3 series w/low miles floating around. If it were me and I was going to spend R money for a car, Id rather have a BMW or Audi but thats just me.

You could also get a slightly used A4... you are already familiar with the VAG engine platform, the car is ultra easy to mod and tune and its nice..

this too! esp the R line.. very nice ride.

Yep on the money with most points!

Unfortunately for roughly 35k out the door my options are fairly limited...
The F30 is out of the question under 35K OTD.

A4s I'll have to look at again to see. But they may depreciate too quickly, and it would cost me too much money when I am selling say 2 years down the line.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Golf R and never look back. My buddy has one and I hate him every day for it. For AWD there really isnt much to choose from. A3 would be nice but as you said hard to find.

McQueen77

Banned
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3504113528.html
2012 model for less money than a new R hmm

On a side note it is a CVT and those cars seem to lose a lot of money fast... 09s are going for low 20s... and they were over 40k new

CVT and wrong wheel drive? god no. Audi Quattro or no Audi.

That bimmer is dope dude. I personally don't care about much tech in the cars.. I love the stripped down Bimmers like that. Jesus that would be a great car to drive every day. I test drove that exact car when shopping, the coupe and dude, it drove like it was telepathically connected to my brain. I just roll my eyes at the BMW haters or the "bimmers are overrated" guys, because those cars rule. Always have, always will.

For me, Id take the bimmer over the R any day. Im gay for bimmers though.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
^^ yep I really loved the 335is I drove with the dual clutch 7 speed. I wouldn't want a manual in this car.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Camry SE v6 all sell you one at below invoice!! Really has everything you need / want EVERYTHING

Road test
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/toyota-camry-se-v6-road-test-review

(you)
Looking for:
Decent MPG 22+average / Camry SE 26+ mpg average
Usable back seat / Camry SE Yes
Leather / Camry SE yes really nice looking
Fairly unique / Camry SE Lil with the v6 SE package
220+hp / Camry SE 268hp 248tq
FUN to drive / Camry SE yes v6 power as fast as a stage 1 gti paddle shifters sport tuned suspension...
Good to drive on long trips (Road noise etc) / Camry SE one of if not the best out there for nvh

Last edited:

SoCalR32Boy

789/5000 .:R32
never knew how quick those camry v6's are until i seen one, always thought all camrys were slow haha. My parents got the 4 cylinder one and the interior is pretty nice and comfortable.

McQueen77

Banned
yeah man don't get the R or the 335xi, get a camry............ those are fast cars but i mean, come on now.

^^ yep I really loved the 335is I drove with the dual clutch 7 speed. I wouldn't want a manual in this car.

yeah, BMW is one of the few cars where I would actually prefer the automatic. Even their slushboxes are great. My wife's friend has a 328i i6 sedan ive driven a number of times with the stock 6 spd auto and sport pkg/paddle shifters and I even love that one. Smooth.

C4L

Banned
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3504113528.html
2012 model for less money than a new R hmm

On a side note it is a CVT and those cars seem to lose a lot of money fast... 09s are going for low 20s... and they were over 40k new

That one is a near completely base (only option I can see is the 'Lighting Pack') Premium and a FWD, hence the CVT.

Try finding a Premium Plus Quattro with the 18" Sports Pack (wheels, seats, steering wheel, springs?) $35k will get you a great CPO example easy... (They are only $38k-$40k new)

Last edited: