GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any other cars that I am missing that are good for 25-35k?

miami90

Ready to race!
I checked on F30 Beemers 37k+ and the models with decent wheels+options are over 40k. The under 40k cars don't even have HIDs :laugh:

BMW and Porsche will skin you for "accessories" which is why I love VW/Audi. Almost everything is included

McQueen77

Banned
I checked on F30 Beemers 37k+ and the models with decent wheels+options are over 40k. The under 40k cars don't even have HIDs :laugh:

yeah man, the F30s are just disgusting in the price dept. its laughable that to get a bimmer with features that come w/a $25k GTI w/convenience pkg, you need to drop over $40k. i love that if you go to build one on bmwusa.com, even heated seats etc. are part of a package. shouldn't stuff like that just be included with the 'ultimate driving machine'.?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
yeah man, the F30s are just disgusting in the price dept. its laughable that to get a bimmer with features that come w/a $25k GTI w/convenience pkg, you need to drop over $40k. i love that if you go to build one on bmwusa.com, even heated seats etc. are part of a package. shouldn't stuff like that just be included with the 'ultimate driving machine'.?

C4L actually posted a great A4 deal, I may check it out this weekend. My only reservation is that it's a manual (might be hard to sell after) but should be interesting non-theless.

miami90

Ready to race!
This?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yep, but fail wheel drive. Plus my Ex had that car. Nice cars though :) I would pick a GTI/R over that.

McQueen77

Banned
C4L actually posted a great A4 deal, I may check it out this weekend. My only reservation is that it's a manual (might be hard to sell after) but should be interesting non-theless.

yeah, the A4 is very likely my next car in 3-4 years.. was thinking for a while id keep the GTI til the wheels came off but may just sell it when powertrain is up while its still worth a good chunk of change and get a slightly used A4. the A4 is just plush. arguably nicer interior than the Bimmers, with the nice familiarities of the VW vibe, an engine that is a no brainer to tune, etc. and the 8 spd automatic that comes with the quattro is a very nice automatic. audi is apparently very big brother when it comes to the TD1 thing and the tunes.. less forgiving than VW but that doesnt keep tons of guys from tuning their audis.. you could get a nice A4 quattro w/low miles for low 30s/high 20s

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

miami90

Ready to race!
You probably won't go for it, but an STi passed me on my way home, they're so sexy....

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I swear to GAWD....if one more person suggests a freaking CAMRY/ACCORD in a thread looking for a fun, fast car I will press the button to turn off the internet.

I don't care HOW 'fast" it is, or how much power it has......I wouldn't drive a Camry if it had 500HP. It looks like a turd hit with an orbital polisher. It's god awful ugly and not "fun" to drive. It is a fat family sedan with a spongy suspension (grounded to the ground you know) and crappy handling.

You're kind stuck with the short list you've already arranged.

FYI

Used 2013 A3 Quattro

Lots of miles for a 2013....LOL.....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Funny you posted that. I inquired at that dealership about another A3 they had in stock and it ended up being a non AWD car. And the sales person told me about this one... 2013 Certified.

That A3 is overpriced ... 35k and it will be 25k in 1 year and 15k in 2. The cost of owning it for 2 years will be staggering.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I swear to GAWD....if one more person suggests a freaking CAMRY/ACCORD in a thread looking for a fun, fast car I will press the button to turn off the internet.

I don't care HOW 'fast" it is, or how much power it has......I wouldn't drive a Camry if it had 500HP. It looks like a turd hit with an orbital polisher. It's god awful ugly and not "fun" to drive. It is a fat family sedan with a spongy suspension (grounded to the ground you know) and crappy handling.

You're kind stuck with the short list you've already arranged.

FYI

Used 2013 A3 Quattro

Lots of miles for a 2013....LOL.....

You obviously haven't driven the new Camry SE V6 actually pretty nice looking it handles well and has the power too and pretty fun to drive. And this is coming from someone that has a stage 2 GTI just like you and have had a Camry se v6 for a few weeks as a demo and have driven Hundreds of performance cars Haveing work in the auto Industry for the last 5+ years

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
I would get......probably an R. You feel spoiled going from a VW to a subaru interior. A WRX is good value, but terrible to insure. I couldn't afford it. It would be twice what i'm paying now for a WRX.

Or, you can look hard to find an A4 quattro 6MT. The A3 quattro only came in DSG.