GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any other cars that I am missing that are good for 25-35k?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
You obviously haven't driven the new Camry SE V6 actually pretty nice looking it handles well and has the power too and pretty fun to drive. And this is coming from someone that has a stage 2 GTI just like you and have had a Camry se v6 for a few weeks as a demo and have driven Hundreds of performance cars Haveing work in the auto Industry for the last 5+ years

:D

No, I have not driven an ugly washing machine on wheels family sedan.

I hope you are not going to sit there and suggest that the Camry can rival the R, A4, A3, Merc's, or BMWs otherwise listed here? In pretty much anyway?

It handles "well"?? Yeah, that's what I look for in a fun to drive sports car. The Ford Fusion company car handles "well"......doesn't mean I would drop my GTI and get a Fusion. You can make allowances for it, add conditions to your statements....."It's not that bad...", "It handles 'well'"....."Faster than you would think".....all means it's crap, but better crap than you would expect.

Still crap. :D

I drive all kinds of cars too, in 20 years driving I have had roughly 18 cars. driven lots of rentals too. I dumped a 2008 Charger Super Bee to get the GTI....I drove a HHR in New York last month. It had impressive acceleration, really surprised me, was pretty good on gas mileage too. The interior was not only cheap and crappy but was uncomfortable and poorly laid out too. Looked like garbage and broke down twice. Having some good points doesn't outweigh the bad. ;)

I'm just saying, while the Camry has it's uses, being in a comparison/buying decision chart that include his primary list and requirements is definitely not one of them.

miami90

Ready to race!
:D

No, I have not driven an ugly washing machine on wheels family sedan.

I hope you are not going to sit there and suggest that the Camry can rival the R, A4, A3, Merc's, or BMWs otherwise listed here? In pretty much anyway?

It handles "well"?? Yeah, that's what I look for in a fun to drive sports car. The Ford Fusion company car handles "well"......doesn't mean I would drop my GTI and get a Fusion. You can make allowances for it, add conditions to your statements....."It's not that bad...", "It handles 'well'"....."Faster than you would think".....all means it's crap, but better crap than you would expect.

Still crap. :D

I drive all kinds of cars too, in 20 years driving I have had roughly 18 cars. driven lots of rentals too. I dumped a 2008 Charger Super Bee to get the GTI....I drove a HHR in New York last month. It had impressive acceleration, really surprised me, was pretty good on gas mileage too. The interior was not only cheap and crappy but was uncomfortable and poorly laid out too. Looked like garbage and broke down twice. Having some good points doesn't outweigh the bad. ;)

I'm just saying, while the Camry has it's uses, being in a comparison/buying decision chart that include his primary list and requirements is definitely not one of them.

QFT.

C4L

Banned
C4L actually posted a great A4 deal, I may check it out this weekend. My only reservation is that it's a manual (might be hard to sell after) but should be interesting non-theless.

I thought you would want a manual. Sorry about that but it is a great car. I think the MT might actually HELP the resale value a few years out. MT Quattro Audis are SUPER RARE. Difficult to find a buyer maybe but when you do he will pay more for it...

If you trade it in at a dealer, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

ThatManAnt

You could wait for the new A3 coming out, supposodely in early 13. It's beautiful. Might have a premium on it but should be under 35 being an A3

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Non Fwd A3s in my area frequently top 40k new. Not sure how but they do. When I did a search 90%of A3s are Fwd and a vast majority of those is the boring premium ones that have no hids etc. Premium plus +awd are a rare breed.

I think it will probably remain the same for the new generation...

ThatManAnt

Non Fwd A3s in my area frequently top 40k new. Not sure how but they do. When I did a search 90%of A3s are Fwd and a vast majority of those is the boring premium ones that have no hids etc. Premium plus +awd are a rare breed.

Ohhhh yeah I didn't see you were in Cali till now. Quattro premiums are right at 29 here in GA. Damn everything is more expensive in Cali! Lol but ay it might be and might not, all you can do is sit back and pray. As for something rare they will be cause most will still have the old body, but also R's are pretty rare too man. I feel like you'll end up with that. It's an awesome car, good luck with your search man!

C4L

Banned

But if you were to buy new you could of course choose the A3 you want.

Right now;
2013 Audi A3 Premium Plus Quattro S-Tronic - $32,850
+ Cold Weather Pack - $500
+ 18" Sports Pack - $1,800
+ Dest. Charge - $895
= $35,465

I would expect the new cars to be similar (or even less). To me, anything more than that and I would buy something else (A4/S60). And for the money I would rather have a VW CC than an Audi A3, I think. $32k-$34k does very well in a CC.

My wife has a 2013 CC Sport Plus DSG now and it was just a hair over $34k and we got it for a hair over $30k. Lots of car for the money for sure...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3484766373.html
Fak... maybe I should pull a Gunkata on this one.. Loaded up the ass A3

Remember tho, my A3 is not loaded at all, lol... new it stickered for $37K-ish, I got it for around $29K with only 8500 miles on it. It is a premium plus, but that doesn't mean a whole lot honestly - no nav, no premium sound. It does have the LED's and the sky roof, etc, though.

I checked on F30 Beemers 37k+ and the models with decent wheels+options are over 40k. The under 40k cars don't even have HIDs :laugh:

They've gone completely nutty with the new 3 series.. its pretty disgusting, but they are not alone, Porsche and Audi are doing similar things with their pricing models.

BMW and Porsche will skin you for "accessories" which is why I love VW/Audi. Almost everything is included

I would say just VW, not Audi, lol..

yeah man, the F30s are just disgusting in the price dept. its laughable that to get a bimmer with features that come w/a $25k GTI w/convenience pkg, you need to drop over $40k. i love that if you go to build one on bmwusa.com, even heated seats etc. are part of a package. shouldn't stuff like that just be included with the 'ultimate driving machine'.?

+1

C4L actually posted a great A4 deal, I may check it out this weekend. My only reservation is that it's a manual (might be hard to sell after) but should be interesting non-theless.

MT shouldn't make a huge difference in resale, I wouldn't think.

Don't buy new.... I rarely buy new. You will save so much and avoid the 1-2 year depreciation.

I agree with the other mentions on a 335i or xi sedan, CPO'd, say 2010+ up. That would be hella sweet, imho, and can hit many many targets that exist - luxury, great seats, nav system, premium stereo, etc, etc.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
If you prefer new, it's tough to beat a bare bones g37. I know from experience they can be had right at 30k.

They come with xenon and leather as standard too! Add a few options and it can still be under 35k new.

Edit: also push button start keyless is standard.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
GunKata is a smart man. Buy a CPO car, you don't take the initial depreciation hit and you can sometimes get a hell of a deal. (And the extra $$$ saved can go towards mods if you so choose :D)

miami90

Ready to race!
GunKata is a smart man. Buy a CPO car, you don't take the initial depreciation hit and you can sometimes get a hell of a deal. (And the extra $$$ saved can go towards mods if you so choose :D)

Well, not always. I wanted to go CPO but interest rates on them were much too high compared to a new car. One of the reasons I'm not driving an STi or 135i right now