GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JT64's Car Journey

JT641

Banned
Some of you already know that I'm selling my GTI & Getting a 4 door Sport Sedan. Well I thought would share with you the cars I'm still considering & have considered & eliminated & the process I'm going through. I'm not going to fixate on any particular car nor any particular feature But I will make decision based on how much of my criteria it meets & which car(s) are available within in the time frame I'll have after selling my GTI.

Updated

Starting over with an almost new list of contenders

1 2013 & up Audi S4

2 2013 & up Audi S6

3 2014 & up BMW F80 M3

4 2016 Mercedes Benz C450 AMG Sport

5 2015 & up Mercedes Benz C63S AMG

6 2014 & up Mercedes Benz E63S AMG

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldn't stray from either the E90 M3 or the B8 S4, esp since you can get the latter CPO'd.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I dunno.... I'd probably go for the S4. But it may be too slow for you...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well it is a much more refined/larger/softer car than even a stock GTI, yours is modified. So it will always "feel" faster than the S4...

I wouldn't necessarily go with the E90 M3... while it is a great car, it also has some significant drawbacks, such as a tiny gas tank and therefore a 200 mile range. Lack of low end torque and some pretty epic terrible mpg.

Other than that it is unbeatable... (if you wanted something close to stock) making extra with the E90 is nearly impossible thanks to N/A.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A CPO M3 would need to be new enough, and cost significantly more, but yes, you could get one CPO'd.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'd go E90 M3...

Racengine, looks the best, best heritage/prestige if you care about that, they're apparently pretty reliable, I would imagine way more fun to drive than an S4 but I haven't actually driven either. Get out and test drive I'd say!

m3dragon

Event guy
Based on our PM's, I would Say 335 with the M package. Great on gas, cheaper on insurance, can run smaller tires which are cheaper, and warranty is newer for no cost basics. If you want to go crazy you can upgrade the car on the cheap to have as much or better performance then all of the cars listed. 7 speed DCT is the same as in the e9X m3.

Mercs eat rear tires and gas. Not a drivers car like the other ones listed.

E90 M3 is great but eats gas and 19's are expensive tires.

Audi is good but is HEAVY and you will feel it on spirited drives. AWD makes up for the weight but just have to adjust driving style.

EVO, no comment other than fit and finish is not as good as German. Probably better bang for the buck.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Based on our PM's, I would Say 335 with the M package. Great on gas, cheaper on insurance, can run smaller tires which are cheaper, and warranty is newer for no cost basics. If you want to go crazy you can upgrade the car on the cheap to have as much or better performance then all of the cars listed. 7 speed DCT is the same as in the e9X m3.

Mercs eat rear tires and gas. Not a drivers car like the other ones listed.

E90 M3 is great but eats gas and 19's are expensive tires.

Audi is good but is HEAVY and you will feel it on spirited drives. AWD makes up for the weight but just have to adjust driving style.

EVO, no comment other than fit and finish is not as good as German. Probably better bang for the buck.

335i M sport sedan has the 6 speed auto shit box. The 335IS has the MDCT but that's in coupe form only.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Also, don't 335s blow turbos all the time? I'd rather spend more on gas than have to worry about that all the time.