GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW M2 or GT350?

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
In addition to a stage 3 mk6 would you rather have an M2 or a GT350? Would your discision change if it meant giving up the gti?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I take the GT350, because cheaper and definitely a more vocal engine or an used Twin turbo M3, but I'm sure that sucker of the M2 will have an excellent resale value in the future a bit under of the 1M coupe.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
M2. Mustang is a boat 1M is ugly. Dont care about value. If you did you'd never buy any car. Cars are losing propositions. No one knew a 1M would be valuable when they arrived. Thats a bonus if you are lucky and also very very rare.

If you think resale get a 911. The champs of resale now and in the future. Buy just about anything made from the 60's to 1998.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
M2. Mustang is a boat 1M is ugly. Dont care about value. If you did you'd never buy any car. Cars are losing propositions. No one knew a 1M would be valuable when they arrived. Thats a bonus if you are lucky and also very very rare.

If you think resale get a 911. The champs of resale now and in the future. Buy just about anything made from the 60's to 1998.

X1100000.99 on the 911

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
GT 350 by far. The BMWs coming out of the M division these days just aren't amazing in the way they used to be. I love the idea of having a Euro DD and a raw sports car to mess around in

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
V8.. you already have a very fast eurokraut. Why have another?

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I never thought I would actually recommend a Mustang over a BMW M car, but if it were my money I would definitely go with the Shelby 350. That flat plane crank V8 sounds so good, and the only engine sound you're gonna get in the M2 is pumped through the speakers.

engineered2win

Ready to race!

It's nice that in 2016 BMW could actually be bothered to put fixed calipers on an M car. The M2 is more of a match for the Focus RS than even the Mustang GT. I would be willing to bet a bathtub full of cash that the GT350 will annihilate the M2 on track.
Lets see: soundtrack - Mustang, brakes- mustang, acceleration- mustang
The Mustang also has 305mm Michelin Super Sports so I'd wager it wins in lateral grip too.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Could you really fault anyone for going with either one? :D

My purchase would be situational, if I had a built MK6, I'd probably go with the GT350. If I didn't have the GTI, I'd would go with the M2. If I had the choice for any other vehicle, I'd really go for a Cayman S or Stingray. :p

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Ooh, a first year production model Ford. My experience with first year production model Ford motor products has not been a good one! OTOH, that M2 will be a first model year vehicle too...

I digress though because if I had to choose, I'd go with the V8! I'm kind of missing a V8 RWD something...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I never thought I would actually recommend a Mustang over a BMW M car, but if it were my money I would definitely go with the Shelby 350. That flat plane crank V8 sounds so good, and the only engine sound you're gonna get in the M2 is pumped through the speakers.

It's nice that in 2016 BMW could actually be bothered to put fixed calipers on an M car. The M2 is more of a match for the Focus RS than even the Mustang GT. I would be willing to bet a bathtub full of cash that the GT350 will annihilate the M2 on track.
Lets see: soundtrack - Mustang, brakes- mustang, acceleration- mustang

The Mustang also has 305mm Michelin Super Sports so I'd wager it wins in lateral grip too.

GT350 is better than BMW M2.

Could you really fault anyone for going with either one? :D

My purchase would be situational, if I had a built MK6, I'd probably go with the GT350. If I didn't have the GTI, I'd would go with the M2. If I had the choice for any other vehicle, I'd really go for a Cayman S or Stingray. :p

Ooh, a first year production model Ford. My experience with first year production model Ford motor products has not been a good one! OTOH, that M2 will be a first model year vehicle too...

I digress though because if I had to choose, I'd go with the V8! I'm kind of missing a V8 RWD something...