GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Alright, been pondering something lately guys. Especially with all the gun control talk and bans and yada yada yada. The Scout Rifle, or what it's now being called(and I like it better) The Practical Rifle. What are your thoughts on it's relevance and practicality in the modern world? IE America. Bolt action rifles with optics and detachable magazines would likely avoid any potential legislation longer then our usual go-to rifles and carbines would.

For me, a Scout Rifle would have two uses. Plinking, so chambering is important and makes choosing a chambering really easy. Secondly, it would be the untouchable bug-out gun that I always could count on, and that I would never get a letter about in the mail. Well, hopefully that's the case anyways. With the ways things today are however, I wouldn't be surprised if my Ruger American became illegal overnight.

Picking a rifle to build off of is also limited, if you follow the normal criteria for a Scout Rifle build that is, I will likely sway from it some. For example, .308 was and has been considered for a long time as the only logical choice. Well, sorry, so is 5.56, .30-06, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and any other military cartridge that comes to mind. Lee Armory in Arizona occasionally builds Ruger American Rifle Ranches in 5.45x39. The SOBs sold so fast I barely had time to scroll down to the bottom and hit ADD TO CART. The 7.62x39 chambered Ruger Americans can take Mini30 mags, which makes them a very good candidate, except for one major problem. NO IRON SIGHTS

So I got some thinking to do, if in fact I even build one. Thoughts?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Alright, been pondering something lately guys. Especially with all the gun control talk and bans and yada yada yada. The Scout Rifle, or what it's now being called(and I like it better) The Practical Rifle. What are your thoughts on it's relevance and practicality in the modern world? IE America. Bolt action rifles with optics and detachable magazines would likely avoid any potential legislation longer then our usual go-to rifles and carbines would.

If that's your thought process, what about a lever action?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
If that's your thought process, what about a lever action?
Has to be able to be loaded from the top and have a detachable magazine, those are two qualities of the Scout Rifle I do plane to adhere to.

I find loading a tube magazine, regardless of a loading gate or not, quite clunky.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Has to be able to be loaded from the top and have a detachable magazine, those are two qualities of the Scout Rifle I do plane to adhere to.

I find loading a tube magazine, regardless of a loading gate or not, quite clunky.

I was addressing this part, although that certainly wasn't clean in my response. Agreed on tube loading though.

avoid any potential legislation longer then our usual go-to rifles and carbines would.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I was addressing this part, although that certainly wasn't clean in my response. Agreed on tube loading though.
I agree that lever guns are probably going to be among the last to be targeted. Probably why I have wanted a .357 octagon Henry for a decade and still haven't gotten one, it'll probably always be there. We hope!

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
I agree that lever guns are probably going to be among the last to be targeted. Probably why I have wanted a .357 octagon Henry for a decade and still haven't gotten one, it'll probably always be there. We hope!

Which is ridiculous, California seems to want to ban any gun that's black and looks scary. It makes no sense why I can't buy an real AR-15 in .223, but I can own a Mosin that fires 7.62x51 or a lever with .357 or bigger.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Which is ridiculous, California seems to want to ban any gun that's black and looks scary. It makes no sense why I can't buy an real AR-15 in .223, but I can own a Mosin that fires 7.62x51 or a lever with .357 or bigger.

Speaking of CA, I was shocked to see it is legal to own a FN 5.7, with SS198LF ammo it is truly a threat to LE's as it can defeat body armor.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of CA, I was shocked to see it is legal to own a FN 5.7, with SS198LF ammo it is truly a threat to LE's as it can defeat body armor.
TAFLADORMAUS, or however the heck you spell it, on YuoTube is Cali based and they have tested about half a dozen "over the counter" 12ga loads that defeat IIIA easily. They're out there..

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So, I was eyeballing this all weekend, too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

Vp will be my next handgun. Can't decide on the full size or sk. I've only. Shot the sk and love it. Also grey frame is the only way to buy it lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Good news about nuking gun owners is you'd have to nuke a bunch of lib-tards also. Since I don't like ANY libtard and I also don't like some gun owners, I'd be all for nuking us. It'd be a net gain IMO. It'd be better than dying of something lame like getting run over by a beige 1992 Camry XLE

I am not so sure the US military personnel would be on board with taking rights from people, the same rights they themselves would want to keep after getting out of the service.

codered911

Ready to race!

I had a vp9sk and it was a pretty nice shooter. The added serrations help up front and the extra tabs near the rear sight helped rack the slide. The panels that change out are easy to help it form more to your hand and of course the striker fired HK was nice out of the factory with a crisp reset.

I stuck with my glock and now I am favoring my p365 sig.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
For any and all Glockers out there, i recommend Ghost Inc. triggers, they are to a Glock what a good SMFW clutch is to a GTI. :D In other words, really improves responsiveness and engagement.