GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Ah no, unfortunately.. That would be nice though. I'll be picking up a threaded barrel soon
You can always get it ported lol not the best for night shooting though. What are you getting the threaded barrel for? A comp?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
You can always get it ported lol not the best for night shooting though. What are you getting the threaded barrel for? A comp?

Lol I could see that, but no nods here. Yes, just deciding on thread size.... And will most likely get it rated for .45, but then again, I may not.. lots of paperwork

codered911

Ready to race!
My duty gun was a compact 40 and I now carry a full sized 45. I'd rather the 40 for duty carry for velocity and penetration, but I have a feeling 9mm will be the next caliber issued. I have a glock 23 and shoot it pretty well. I typically carry a sig 9mm or glock 43 off duty.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The ballistic advantage of .40 over 9mm is insignificant. The capacity, recoil reduction, and cost advantage of 9mm is significant. This is why all my carry guns are 9mm (and one pocket rocket .380).

If I can't kill it with a 9mm I don't need a .40, I need a rifle.

Sold my .40s years ago, don't miss them. When I want more pop than 9mm I'll shoot 10mm handloads.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
My duty gun was a compact 40 and I now carry a full sized 45. I'd rather the 40 for duty carry for velocity and penetration, but I have a feeling 9mm will be the next caliber issued. I have a glock 23 and shoot it pretty well. I typically carry a sig 9mm or glock 43 off duty.
Ironic, I picked mine up because local LEA was switching from .40 to 9mm, and this was the officer's off duty EDC.

Ballistics weren't the selling point of the caliber, the selling price was [emoji6]

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Yea I had a 40 once. An m&p 40 police trade in. Ammo was more expensive than 9 and I really wanted to suppress. Problem suppressing 40 is, hard to find 40 threaded barrels, you'll have to get a 45 can so it inherently won't be as quiet as getting the size you need, and not to mention 40 being super fast. Hard to find subsonics and when you do it's usually like 200gr and slow as ass. Not very good with balisitics so kinda negating the only pro of 40. I traded my m&p 40 in for a new glock 19 and grabbed a threaded barrel instantly. 147gr is everywhere and cheap. There's a reason most departments are switching back to 9mm. Technology in the bullets have increased so much over the years. Like hoon said the lack of recoil and extra rounds are to me, a better thing than "stopping power".

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Great summation and points! If I ever get rid of my G30sf, I might consider replacing with a 9mm, but am holding onto my 40 shield for sure. I personally love it

Last edited:

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Great summation and points! If I ever get rid of my G30sf, I might consider replacing with a 9mm, but am holding onto my 40 shield for sure. I personally love it
I love my shield. I've got it cerikote, apex trigger, and stippling. Been my daily for probabaly 4 years. That gun runs like a top. I've had one malfunction and it was a stovepipe about 200 rounds in. I'm now well over 2k.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I love my shield. I've got it cerikote, apex trigger, and stippling. Been my daily for probabaly 4 years. That gun runs like a top. I've had one malfunction and it was a stovepipe about 200 rounds in. I'm now well over 2k.

Nice. I haven't worked on the trigger yet... Working the trigger on my AR10.... Haven't considered or looked at Apex... Thinking of Timney. My shield is stippled as well.... Love it

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Nice. I haven't worked on the trigger yet... Working the trigger on my AR10.... Haven't considered or looked at Apex... Thinking of Timney. My shield is stippled as well.... Love it
Timney makes great ar triggers. Crazy accurate. As for the shield, apex is king. It's so damn crisp.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Timney makes great ar triggers. Crazy accurate. As for the shield, apex is king. It's so damn crisp.

Cameron... Perfect.... Thanks for the heads up. "It's a beaut Clark!"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Please report back on your thoughts of the Bravo IWB

Bravo Concealment (BC) IWB review:

So I wouldn't normally review something only after a couple weeks; however, after a range day yesterday with someone shooting a tracer round that caught fire, I feel I can give a pretty good review.

This rig is solid, comfortable and extremely sturdy (like sturdy during a full out sprint).

For reference, I wear my IWB on my lower right back side and I'm comparing this to my crossbreed holster (combat cut), for your reference.

While leather against your skin will always be more comfortable vs kydex just because of the material itself, I find the BC actually more comfortable, let me explain. I believe I notice this because the BC actually holds the weapon more upright/true, rather than the Crossbreed, which allows the weapon to essentially "lean in" against the leather, into my skin. The CrossBreed, for those that don't own one, is part kydex affixed to a leather cutout. While leather is comfortable, it is also extremely giving and flexible (after you sweat in it and actually form it to you...think baseball glove". This lack of rigidity allows the weapon during movement to lean away from kydex and belt, which makes it dig into your skin through the leather....if that makes any sense.

BC gave some great thought into this design. The two separate belt clips are adjustable and allow you to change height in relation to your belt; I left in neutral/normal to test out. I've played with several kydex holsters and have found that many are formed too tightly, which makes it less than easy to extract and replace the weapon. Not so with BC...they seem to have found the perfect groove for keeping the weapon secure, but also allowing the weapon to be removed without having to yank/snap it out. It was smooth removal and re-insertion.

What is my reference for the above statements if I've only worn it a few weeks? I had normal everyday wear and it was already a great performer, but I had a range day yesterday with several buddies at a friends farm (20+ acres). We were shooting from his second story barn loft....awesome setup...when a fire broke out.

It involved AR-10, AR-15, M1A1 and pistol engagement. 50 and 100 yard paper and steel targets along with steel pistol targets. Sooooooo, before we finished the rifle firing, a 5.56 tracer round was shot at the 50 yard paper target..the round when through and continued traveling a few yards. I then I saw a lick of flame as it burned out in the field. I sprinted down the stairs, clearing 5 stairs at a time and went into a full on sprint out to the 75 yard area where the fire had gone from 4" diameter, into a 3ft diameter ring of fire! I stomped it all out before the wind caught it, so it was contained, but you want to talk about pucker factor!

It was only when I got back to the barn that I realized I was still carrying my EDC in the BC holster. It hadn't moved an inch during that entire event...full sprint and hopping and stomping out fire. It was still secure and I hadn't felt the weight of it at all. I cannot say the same thing for the crossbreed, as I've attempted a few short steps in a jog and felt it at every step.

So, if you're ever considering a Bravo Concealment holster, I'd go for it....I'm very impressed thus far.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Yea I had a 40 once. An m&p 40 police trade in. Ammo was more expensive than 9 and I really wanted to suppress. Problem suppressing 40 is, hard to find 40 threaded barrels, you'll have to get a 45 can so it inherently won't be as quiet as getting the size you need, and not to mention 40 being super fast. Hard to find subsonics and when you do it's usually like 200gr and slow as ass. Not very good with balisitics so kinda negating the only pro of 40. I traded my m&p 40 in for a new glock 19 and grabbed a threaded barrel instantly. 147gr is everywhere and cheap. There's a reason most departments are switching back to 9mm. Technology in the bullets have increased so much over the years. Like hoon said the lack of recoil and extra rounds are to me, a better thing than "stopping power".

This. Word for word. Did the exact same thing. I swallowed the bullshit pill that was 40S&W also, in it's place now sits a strikingly familiar looking G19X ;)

The Federal American Eagle 147gr flat nose FMJ is a GREAT range day round(and everywhere right now). My 19X loves the heavier loads and you also get to train with ammo that is the same weight and recoil input as a defensive load. Something many people overlook. Training with a bunch of 115gr 9mm isn't really preparing you for fast follow-ups with a 147gr load.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Bravo Concealment (BC) IWB review:

So I wouldn't normally review something only after a couple weeks; however, after a range day yesterday with someone shooting a tracer round that caught fire, I feel I can give a pretty good review.

This rig is solid, comfortable and extremely sturdy (like sturdy during a full out sprint).

For reference, I wear my IWB on my lower right back side and I'm comparing this to my crossbreed holster (combat cut), for your reference.

While leather against your skin will always be more comfortable vs kydex just because of the material itself, I find the BC actually more comfortable, let me explain. I believe I notice this because the BC actually holds the weapon more upright/true, rather than the Crossbreed, which allows the weapon to essentially "lean in" against the leather, into my skin. The CrossBreed, for those that don't own one, is part kydex affixed to a leather cutout. While leather is comfortable, it is also extremely giving and flexible (after you sweat in it and actually form it to you...think baseball glove". This lack of rigidity allows the weapon during movement to lean away from kydex and belt, which makes it dig into your skin through the leather....if that makes any sense.

BC gave some great thought into this design. The two separate belt clips are adjustable and allow you to change height in relation to your belt; I left in neutral/normal to test out. I've played with several kydex holsters and have found that many are formed too tightly, which makes it less than easy to extract and replace the weapon. Not so with BC...they seem to have found the perfect groove for keeping the weapon secure, but also allowing the weapon to be removed without having to yank/snap it out. It was smooth removal and re-insertion.

What is my reference for the above statements if I've only worn it a few weeks? I had normal everyday wear and it was already a great performer, but I had a range day yesterday with several buddies at a friends farm (20+ acres). We were shooting from his second story barn loft....awesome setup...when a fire broke out.

It involved AR-10, AR-15, M1A1 and pistol engagement. 50 and 100 yard paper and steel targets along with steel pistol targets. Sooooooo, before we finished the rifle firing, a 5.56 tracer round was shot at the 50 yard paper target..the round when through and continued traveling a few yards. I then I saw a lick of flame as it burned out in the field. I sprinted down the stairs, clearing 5 stairs at a time and went into a full on sprint out to the 75 yard area where the fire had gone from 4" diameter, into a 3ft diameter ring of fire! I stomped it all out before the wind caught it, so it was contained, but you want to talk about pucker factor!

It was only when I got back to the barn that I realized I was still carrying my EDC in the BC holster. It hadn't moved an inch during that entire event...full sprint and hopping and stomping out fire. It was still secure and I hadn't felt the weight of it at all. I cannot say the same thing for the crossbreed, as I've attempted a few short steps in a jog and felt it at every step.

So, if you're ever considering a Bravo Concealment holster, I'd go for it....I'm very impressed thus far.
We call that, the Rectal E-Stop moment. Lol.