GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Good point on the 357, big flash, big bang, big hole lol.

Magnums are a handful and I’d be leery of over penetration. I’d rather have 18 9mm than 6-8 38/357. And you can easily hang a light off a semi auto.

Does NJ limit magazine capacity? Might want to consider .45 if you’re limited to 10.....

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
i appreciate everyone's responses, thank you! i found this small store by my work and i was really happy cause he has all the guns on my list which makes it a lot easier for me to decide which one feels best. his prices arent bad but ill visit couple more stores and compare.

M&P 2.0 & P320 are off the list lol

Magnums are a handful and I’d be leery of over penetration. I’d rather have 18 9mm than 6-8 38/357. And you can easily hang a light off a semi auto.

Does NJ limit magazine capacity? Might want to consider .45 if you’re limited to 10.....

yes only 10 in mag in NJ. im sticking with 9mm for now for my first but ill def move up in near future once i get comfortable.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Must be why the police and military still use them.

Oh wait.

Eh. My M9 in the Army SUCKED with a capital S. standard 9mm ball ammo. Granted, home defense ammunition in a 9mm has come a LONG way.....it's the right balance of stopping power and capacity, because real life is not the movies and you WILL miss

i appreciate everyone's responses, thank you! i found this small store by my work and i was really happy cause he has all the guns on my list which makes it a lot easier for me to decide which one feels best. his prices arent bad but ill visit couple more stores and compare.

M&P 2.0 & P320 are off the list lol

yes only 10 in mag in NJ. im sticking with 9mm for now for my first but ill def move up in near future once i get comfortable.

My EDC is a Shield compact in .40....love it. Not sure about how the 2.0 fairs, but check out the older models

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Eh. My M9 in the Army SUCKED with a capital S. standard 9mm ball ammo. Granted, home defense ammunition in a 9mm has come a LONG way.....it's the right balance of stopping power and capacity, because real life is not the movies and you WILL miss

My EDC is a Shield compact in .40....love it. Not sure about how the 2.0 fairs, but check out the older models

Nice to see another .40 guy out there, thought I was the only one left lol. My EDC is a Glock 23 gen 4.:cool:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Nice to see another .40 guy out there, thought I was the only one left lol. My EDC is a Glock 23 gen 4.:cool:
There ya go! No, there are still a few .40 folks around.

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Yeah but im sure you'd rather have that M9 than a .357 wheel gun with ball ammo.

I love my .357, single action it's insanely accurate, but it's not a defensive firearm IMO...just much better options for that.

My EDC is a Shield 9mm.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
My EDC is a Shield 9mm.

I wouldn't want a wheel gun in any combat sit, although I'm thinking of a hammerless for my wife's EDC/home defense. I've actually considered moving to that shield model for my EDC

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
I love my .357, single action it's insanely accurate, but it's not a defensive firearm IMO...just much better options for that.

My EDC is a Shield 9mm.

I have a few revolvers and they’re fantastic range toys, but I wouldn’t seriously consider them for much else. That being said, J-Frames are really easy to conceal, but for the stated purpose of home defense and range time, no way. I want something semiautomatic that I can run a light on.

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie

yesterday i went to shoot the M&P 2.0 again, this time i did really well. i also shot the VP9 and PPQ m2. i kept coming back to M&P...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
yesterday i went to shoot the M&P 2.0 again, this time i did really well. i also shot the VP9 and PPQ m2. i kept coming back to M&P...

Buy the M&P then. They're excellent guns.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
LOVE mine

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

I have a 92A1 and absolutely love it. Didn't like the idea of a plastic guide rod (even though I know they're not a problem for normal use, just like our plastic oil pans lol) so I swapped it for a stainless steel one, and the trigger pull was really heavy on double action so I swapped the hammer spring and it completely transformed the gun. cut the trigger pull by a few pounds and made the action so much smoother. My CCW instructor took a few shots with it and was very impressed. Also a family friend who has a 92FS and hates it with a passion (almost gave it to me for free he hated it so much) shot it and decided to keep it after asking how I made mine feel so much better than the way it came.

I want to say I only spent around 30 bucks for the springs and guide rod and it was money very well spent. Although I wish it came that way from the factory

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I have a 92A1 and absolutely love it. Didn't like the idea of a plastic guide rod (even though I know they're not a problem for normal use, just like our plastic oil pans lol) so I swapped it for a stainless steel one, and the trigger pull was really heavy on double action so I swapped the hammer spring and it completely transformed the gun. cut the trigger pull by a few pounds and made the action so much smoother. My CCW instructor took a few shots with it and was very impressed. Also a family friend who has a 92FS and hates it with a passion (almost gave it to me for free he hated it so much) shot it and decided to keep it after asking how I made mine feel so much better than the way it came.

I want to say I only spent around 30 bucks for the springs and guide rod and it was money very well spent. Although I wish it came that way from the factory

Guide rods don't really matter, their only function is to keep the spring centered.

Bent, melted, etc and it has no effect on most guns. Glocks will run with no guide rod at all. This is why factories cheap out and use plastic...it's not a critical component.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Guide rods don't really matter, their only function is to keep the spring centered.

Bent, melted, etc and it has no effect on most guns. Glocks will run with no guide rod at all. This is why factories cheap out and use plastic...it's not a critical component.

I know. Just a peace of mind thing for me. Plus it looks nicer with a recessed screw head in the front instead of an injection molded piece of plastic with flashing on it. It was a $25 amazon part so not a big deal.

Attachments

• GR.jpg
    GR.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 267