GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I didn’t get a lot of sleep the night before, but the uncertainty of the finish at the start kept me glued. Then nothing happened. As all are saying, Mexico proves the need for the 2021 changes. Hope it does!

I like Albon. He reminds me of Button - sneakily fast and usually no drama.

Amen to that. I think F1 makes some major announcements regarding the 2021 regs today

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
The changes sound great on paper, however let's see what unintended consequences follow.

Apparently, up to 3.5s slower than current cars.

Seb has already voiced his displeasure, and I can see why. As a spectator, though, it won't be that big of a deal (to me, personally) if the result is more wheel-to-wheel racing.

Smashing lap records just sound cool.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Apparently, up to 3.5s slower than current cars.

Seb has already voiced his displeasure, and I can see why. As a spectator, though, it won't be that big of a deal (to me, personally) if the result is more wheel-to-wheel racing.

Smashing lap records just sound cool.

I would agree

The short tracks on the schedule like Mexico have lap times of over 75 seconds. So even if you knocked 5 seconds off the average lap time with the 2021 car I don't think the spectators would notice let alone care. Also when you factor in that the guy who nabs the fastest lap at a race is rarely the race winner, I don't know that losing some time is that big of a deal.

This type of change has to be expected. To level a playing field you have to handicap the front runners more than you try to pull up the stragglers at the bottom. Making a car slower is always way easier than making it faster.

hans611

Lost
The car weighs 25kg more, new min. is 765 kg...

It's gotten out of control, since 2014 they have been raising it a few dozen kg basically every other year like its nothing...

They used to weigh 600kg in 2010! This is why Seb is disappointed... I am too...

They were supposed to get lighter, not heavier.... they are probably gonna get even heavier as the formula matures, like the 2014 cars.... (they started out at 692kg)

The heavier the car, the more it has to rely in aerodynamics, so the impact of "dirty air" is even worse, they are making the problem worse while trying to fix it....

They should have dumped the V6 entirely and gone back to 2004 or 2006 engine rules, right where we left off...

Im still sort of thankful in a way that they kept the MGU-H after all the money wasted on its development.... that V6 1.6L without the tech that makes it special would have been even worse.....

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Many will deny it, but we're all witnessing the greatest the sport's ever seen make it happen.

Can't wait for next year and onto 2021!!!

See you all in Brazil.

Lewis is really something. I agree we are watching one of the greatest on the verge of being the greatest ever.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Many will deny it, but we're all witnessing the greatest the sport's ever seen make it happen.

Can't wait for next year and onto 2021!!!

See you all in Brazil.

I'm glad Ferrari is trending upward with Leclerc and that the Honda/Red Bull partnership is also blossoming. Competition is good. Lewis will not cakewalk to a 7th or 8th championship. He will earn it.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'm glad Ferrari is trending upward with Leclerc and that the Honda/Red Bull partnership is also blossoming. Competition is good. Lewis will not cakewalk to a 7th or 8th championship. He will earn it.
2021 should make it clear who the better drivers are with the new rules changes

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I'm looking forward to a more level playing field.

Not totally related, but I always thought it would be interesting to see how every driver would do in the championship winning car.
So let every driver get a crack at a few laps in #44 and see how they stack up compared to LH himself lol.