GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any cyclist on here

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
In SoCal. But been too lazy to go riding in the morning on weekends.

My road bike is 7 years old... long overdue for a upgrade to carbon fiber

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed
Bikes were my first love, got away from it for a few years, but the past 3 seasons I've gotten back on the MTB quite a bit to stay in shape for ski season, and to tire out the dog.

I think I'm one of like 6 guys left riding 26" wheels.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Bikes were my first love, got away from it for a few years, but the past 3 seasons I've gotten back on the MTB quite a bit to stay in shape for ski season, and to tire out the dog.

I think I'm one of like 6 guys left riding 26" wheels.

NJ is a great MTB state also.

I do miss being able to go to a local trail after work and ride with co-workers.

Can't get that in the LA area.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Road bike guy here. I used to be in MD, now in WV. Still ride a lot in Washington County. Here's a picture of my bucket list ride in 2015.

Attachments

• DVCIABURRI-3569 (2017_04_15 11_57_19 UTC).jpg
    DVCIABURRI-3569 (2017_04_15 11_57_19 UTC).jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 388

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Started off BMX as a kid, transitioned into trail as a teen till my early 20's and then switched to road exclusively. I would love to get back into trail riding but I can hardly find time to get out on a bike at all.
Luckily I was able to get my wife into it about 4 years ago but she got pregnant and stopped riding for a while.
Our daughter just turned one so we picked up some hybrids so we could strap on a baby seat and get back out.
So with that, our road bikes have been collecting some dust lately.

But here they are...

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Just heading out. Three days a week. Live off of the Olympic Discovery Trail (ODT) so 62 miles of off road paved trail through the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I pinch myself all the time as I would fly across the country to ride the ODT. I do gravel on the Forest Roads around here on occasion and mountain bike probably once a month. I have a MTB heaven trail system near me, but like a fisherman I can't tell you where it is.

As an automotive enthusiast I can not afford a supercar, but with bicycles I can get the equivalent. My main bike is a Serotta Ottrot which is the actual bike rode by US Bicycle Hall of Famer, two time Olympian and 13 time National Champion Wayne Stetina who rode for one of his Masters Champions when Serotta sponsored in 2003-2004. The bottom picture is from the last page of the 2004 Serotta catalog and is a picture of my bike. Perfect for any road riding, but a real standout in a mountain decent. I am quite fond of my bike.

My Time is quick and nimble made in France at a livelable wage. It is my weight weeny bike.

The Richey is my gravel and travel bike. It is a break-away so it is able to fit in a special case that barely makes checked baggage requirements. Love those Clemente tires as they work well on gravel and well on tarmac... great compromise as you usually have to get to the gravel via road.

MTB is a classic Santa Cruz Blur. Love that bike, particularly when there are those think fast moments on a difficult trail.

Attachments

• IMG_5106.JPG
    IMG_5106.JPG
    562.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_5110.JPG
    IMG_5110.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_5108.JPG
    IMG_5108.JPG
    550 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 396
  • wayne.JPG
    wayne.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed
NJ is a great MTB state also.

I do miss being able to go to a local trail after work and ride with co-workers.

Can't get that in the LA area.

I'll be doing just that after work today (though just me and the dog, but with how slow I am after 5 months off the bike, probably best nobody is there to witness it).

Just heading out. Three days a week. Live off of the Olympic Discovery Trail (ODT) so 62 miles of off road paved trail through the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I pinch myself all the time as I would fly across the country to ride the ODT. I do gravel on the Forest Roads around here on occasion and mountain bike probably once a month. I have a MTB heaven trail system near me, but like a fisherman I can't tell you where it is.

As an automotive enthusiast I can not afford a supercar, but with bicycles I can get the equivalent. My main bike is a Serotta Ottrot that was rode by US Bicycle Hall of Famer, two time Olympian and 13 time National Champion Wayne Stetina who rode for one of his Masters Champions when Serotta sponsored in 2003-2004. I am quite fond of my bike.

That is a sweet Serotta. I worked at a shop in high school (13+ years ago now) that sold Serotta and would drool over their Ti frames on a daily basis.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
As an automotive enthusiast I can not afford a supercar, but with bicycles I can get the equivalent. My main bike is a Serotta Ottrot that was rode by US Bicycle Hall of Famer, two time Olympian and 13 time National Champion Wayne Stetina who rode for one of his Masters Champions when Serotta sponsored in 2003-2004. I am quite fond of my bike.

Nice bike. I have the same pump as you do, mounted (of course) in the same location.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I think the Ottrot was the best frame Serotta made. I sold a few of the them and still have several current clients that bring them to me for service. Ben Serotta stayed at my house one time for a visit to the shop I worked in at the time. The Mei Vici was too expensive and not that much better than the Ottrot.
Just be sure to inspect the rear drop outs. They were pretty thin and I have seen a few crack. And don't forget to change the bearings in that joint, if you have them and not the plugs.
Enjoy the ride!

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I think the Ottrot was the best frame Serotta made. I sold a few of the them and still have several current clients that bring them to me for service. Ben Serotta stayed at my house one time for a visit to the shop I worked in at the time. The Mei Vici was too expensive and not that much better than the Ottrot.
Just be sure to inspect the rear drop outs. They were pretty thin and I have seen a few crack. And don't forget to change the bearings in that joint, if you have them and not the plugs.
Enjoy the ride!

Good input. Yes, bearing replaced as I estimated Wayne put 40K on the frame during the two years it was raced in the Continental team. I have put on approaching 20K miles since replaced. I did a bearing replacement DIY: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=144280

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
"All-road" cyclist here. In that middle ground between road cycling and mtb, also known as gravel cycling or gravel grinding. I ride mostly road bikes built for wide tires (650B/42mm). Also did some randonneuring, which is long-distance cycling through day and night. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randonneuring

I'm something of a "retro-grouch" and like steel frame bikes with a classic French aesthetic, but built with modern high-strength, ultra-thin-walled tubing... essentially as light as carbon fiber bikes. Most of my bikes are customs, built by independent builders here in the US. And most are loaded with generator-driven lighting, full-coverage fenders and mudflaps (essential for randonneuring). Most of the bikes have gearing that goes sub-1:1 for climbing 20% grades.

Here are some of my gravel/randonneuring bikes:

I'm also a daily commuter, year-round. I ride my cargo bike to work through all seasons. It's a Bike Friday with 20" wheels, hand-made in Oregon. Here it is in trailer mode. I've hauled over 200 lb of concrete mortar on this thing.

And here's an old 1980's Japanese touring rig I modified for wide 650B wheels and turned into a townie with front rack, which is uber-comfy for riding around the city:

I also have a collection of "garage queen" bikes, mostly hand-built British bikes from the 1970s-1980s. My crown jewel is this 1982 Jack Taylor Tour of Britain: