GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Such a painful process. I'm gonna be SBRing the host gun but I'll e-file that so it should only be a month or so hopefully

I did the same thing just the other way around. I SBR'd my host and am now waiting on the suppressor. My e-file was ridiculously fast though. Even filing with a single rep trust it took only 21 days to get the approval back.

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
1E57FC62-333D-4973-9030-588C45C1F502_1_105_c.jpeg

FN Herstal M249 SAW/belt box attached

Last edited:

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
B7A99920-9E64-4A21-AE3C-47F7196E5783_1_105_c.jpeg

10.5" BCM/"old trusty" EOTech 512

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I did the same thing just the other way around. I SBR'd my host and am now waiting on the suppressor. My e-file was ridiculously fast though. Even filing with a single rep trust it took only 21 days to get the approval back.
Yea i've been seeing e-files sitting around 30 days. I'll hopefully be doing it sometime in january and then start accumulating parts. Just blew a bunch of money on a belt/holster setup to get into competitions though so that set me back a bit.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Yea i've been seeing e-files sitting around 30 days. I'll hopefully be doing it sometime in january and then start accumulating parts. Just blew a bunch of money on a belt/holster setup to get into competitions though so that set me back a bit.

Just blew some cash myself building a P80 to replace my G19. Luckily it wasn't that bad considering selling the Glock offset a good portion of the cost. I've put over 350 rounds through it and its running great so I'm calling the build a success!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191206_204824.jpg
    MVIMG_20191206_204824.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 166

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I’ll play.

BE582C11-8C79-4B28-B33A-418E9E45DBDA.jpeg

New chassis Monday.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just blew some cash myself building a P80 to replace my G19. Luckily it wasn't that bad considering selling the Glock offset a good portion of the cost. I've put over 350 rounds through it and its running great so I'm calling the build a success!
One of the people I shoot with occasionally has a few P80 glocks. So far he hasn't had any issues with them.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
One of the people I shoot with occasionally has a few P80 glocks. So far he hasn't had any issues with them.
I was hesitant at first to build one but eventually bit the bullet. Having a dremel with various bits made it pretty easy. As many of the people I've spoke to say as long as you take your time it works out fine and that was definitely the case. I only had one issue I had to sort out was with the trigger reset which just involved grinding/polishing the rear rail slightly. Now it runs just as good if not better than my G19. Very happy with the build.

I think my next build with be doing a .300 blackout upper for my SBR. The can I've got in ATF jail is a .30 caliber can so it makes perfect sense to run some .300 subs through it. :)

smanierre

Autocross Champion
First stamp just got approved on Friday. The dealer said he's expecting the stamp to arrive some time this week which would be awesome.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Congrats! What was your total time from check cashed to approval?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Congrats! What was your total time from check cashed to approval?
Pending was 4/01, approval was 12/06 so it was 249 days from cashed to approved. Also got a call from the dealer yesterday that the stamp was in so i'm stopping by after work to grab it.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Pending was 4/01, approval was 12/06 so it was 249 days from cashed to approved. Also got a call from the dealer yesterday that the stamp was in so i'm stopping by after work to grab it.

I'm sitting at 194 days thus far, hoping mine ends up somewhere around yours instead of the 300 days I'm seeing on some of the transfer trackers.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm sitting at 194 days thus far, hoping mine ends up somewhere around yours instead of the 300 days I'm seeing on some of the transfer trackers.
Woulda been nice if you got in that string of quick approvals but I think those are done because people realized the ATF was being extra shitty.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Yeah I was hoping, but certainly not holding my breath.

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Read most of the thread and found some good info, especially the recommendation for the CC holster.
Anyone have a recommendation for storage box/safe when you have the leave the weapon in the GTI? Really looking for something that will blend into the GTI. I’ve seen some really impressive lock boxes that turn the arm rest into a secure location, just haven’t see anything like that for the GTI. I would be ok with butchering the arm rest to make one fit as I don’t really use it for anything significant.