GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie

torga

Autocross Champion
Hell yeah, five years at Ferrari!! Perfect environment to blossom. I'm rooting for him.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I like him, and I think he'll do quite well.
It's no surprise, but it is obvious who Ferrari is focusing on right now.
Seb is now Raikkonen lol.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I like him, and I think he'll do quite well.
It's no surprise, but it is obvious who Ferrari is focusing on right now.
Seb is now Raikkonen lol.

He totally reminds me of Button, but with a much better start to his career. He may not show the same tenacity as Max (sorta like a blend of Lewis/Seb), but I truly wish Charles the best.

He MIGHT make a Ferrari fan out me.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I feel for Seb. He’s definitely on borrowed seat time: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...-Vettel-keep-Lewis-Hamilton-away-from-Ferrari

If Lewis does switch in 2021, I worry of a 3peat (first was Alonso, second is Vettel). And both instances happened when a relative-newcomer dominated (Redbull for Alonso and Merc for Seb) and Ferrari were left scratching their heads.

I already fear RB/Honda for 2020. Japanese determination inside a Newey-desgined car driven by a Dutch masterpiece.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I still want to believe that it is not totally all his fault.

Despite my criticisms of him, it most definitely is NOT all his fault. Ferrari's got a lot of the blame on their plate as well.

But unfortunately, in the same car, a rookie has out-performed him.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I think Leclerc's deal will reduce the chances of Lewis going to Ferrari. He would have to willingly go to a team that is clearly invested in the other driver, and I don't think that is what he wants to do.

As for Seb, I hope 2020 is a better season for him.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie

torga

Autocross Champion
I'll bet Verstappen staying was also in Honda's desires as well. They are much more productive with RBR than they were with McLaren, but it seems like Honda really vibe well with Verstappen. They want a talent like that winning races with their engines. I'll bet they were part of the negotiations.

I can't remember - what were the rumors of Merc leaving based on? Just seems odd, like Audi and Porsche leaving WEC after so much success.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Audi and Porsche had their sights set on other racing ventures. They learned all they could from the hybrid era of WEC. They were successful, and they moved on.
If Merc finds success in Formula E, their sights may shift as well.
But you can't REALLY compare Mercedes F1 to Audi/Porsche WEC. Sort of apples to oranges.
Merc are going to have a big decision to make come 2021. I think they are really going to have to make a decision to focus on F1 or FE.
I think a lot of that will depend on how each respective series does in their championship.

torga

Autocross Champion
Probably more like the accountants thought the company learned all it could. I think there's always more to learn from motorsport and engineers will always be curious. Very much looking forward to the hypercars of next season.
I've been meaning to give Formula E a go, but I don't have an easy way to watch it - I don't subscribe to any cable services. I've only caught it sparingly at bars whenever they aren't playing a type of sportsball.