GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
20200110_192707.jpg
20200110_192716.jpg

Finally got a ksg. Been wanting one for years now. Got a deal I couldn't pass up.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Submitted my eForm 1 for the SBR portion of my AR9 build. Going to mail in my prints on monday and hope they are good enough for the atf since I did them myself

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Oh, no. Imagine that.

I sell the SCAR 17S to buy a Golf, just in time to see a thread about cool firearms on the Golf forum...

Now I can't flex the Gucci gun. :(

I'll have to go dig up something else that's interesting and range-worthy. For now, this is pretty cool:

666A.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Oh, no. Imagine that.

I sell the SCAR 17S to buy a Golf, just in time to see a thread about cool firearms on the Golf forum...

Now I can't flex the Gucci gun. :(

I'll have to go dig up something else that's interesting and range-worthy. For now, this is pretty cool:

View attachment 162926

Don’t be bashful, I’d rather see a mini Luger than another flat brimmed bro-gun. Most of my collection is interesting as well.

In the same vein.

2E98C34B-5D6A-4639-ACF4-A6C8C1D196D7.jpeg

My great grandfather’s colt pocket hammerless that was his CCW as an engineer on the Southern Pacific RR. Most beautiful deeeeep bluing I have ever seen and not a scratch on it. Was wrapped in the pictured muslin in my grandfather’s sock drawer from the 40s through his death in 2006. Then it was passed to my father who kept it dry and safe till 2014 when he gave it to me. I have great-grandpa’s original California CCW permit bearing this pistol’s serial number.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Don’t be bashful, I’d rather see a mini Luger than another flat brimmed bro-gun. Most of my collection is interesting as well.

In the same vein.

View attachment 162930

My great grandfather’s colt pocket hammerless that was his CCW as an engineer on the Southern Pacific RR. Most beautiful deeeeep bluing I have ever seen and not a scratch on it. Was wrapped in the pictured muslin in my grandfather’s sock drawer from the 40s through his death in 2006. Then it was passed to my father who kept it dry and safe till 2014 when he gave it to me. I have great-grandpa’s original California CCW permit bearing this pistol’s serial number.

One of my favorite calibers of all time; and certainly one of the most proven in terribly dire situations. I've considered buying one of those several times, and it's still on the "dream safe" list.

That's a heck of a firearm, with a heck of a story behind it. Anyone would be proud to own that. (y)

Your great grandfather must have lead an interesting and adventurous life on the railroad at that time. Things were much different then.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Eh. My M9 in the Army SUCKED with a capital S. standard 9mm ball ammo. Granted, home defense ammunition in a 9mm has come a LONG way.....it's the right balance of stopping power and capacity, because real life is not the movies and you WILL miss

Might be a little too old of a post, but I agree with the military M9 experience. I didn't like it at all.

Have you ever got your paws on a civilian model, though? I was teaching a marksmanship class a while back, and someone brought one in. I was absolutely shocked and amazed.

That thing was slick as snot on a doorknob. It was about ten years ago, though.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Not gonna lie... I fucking hate AKs. Also your location says chicago... Do you just have it set there but don't live there? I thought they were pretty strict on the laws

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Not gonna lie... I fucking hate AKs. Also your location says chicago... Do you just have it set there but don't live there? I thought they were pretty strict on the laws
What's to hate about ak's? I love them. They're at my dad's house in Kentucky where we can shoot in his back yard right off the porch.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
What's to hate about ak's? I love them. They're at my dad's house in Kentucky where we can shoot in his back yard right off the porch.

They do feel dramatically different than more common (in the US) rifles or carbines, as they come from a completely different era. I could see someone finding the experience distasteful from a subjective point of view.

I don't like Glocks, but I can't say a single objectively negative thing about them. In may ways they're better than some of the firearms I do like.

This stuff doesn't have to make sense, in the end. :)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I dislike AKs as well. They are a decent enough assault rifle, but for any other purpose they are mediocre at their very best.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

I really hate how they look, even the more modern ones. In the US parts are much more readily available for the AR platform, and I feel the ar platform is just so much more tune-able to be able to shoot quickly and accurately. If we were somewhere else, mainly the middle east or eastern Europe, an AK would probably better due to availability of parts and ammo.

They do feel dramatically different than more common (in the US) rifles or carbines, as they come from a completely different era. I could see someone finding the experience distasteful from a subjective point of view.

I don't like Glocks, but I can't say a single objectively negative thing about them. In may ways they're better than some of the firearms I do like.

This stuff doesn't have to make sense, in the end. :)

Glocks feel like holding a brick and the trigger pull is dogshit. The reset is good though and the reliability.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Well, here's my P226 Legion:

g1a.jpg

Worth. Every. Penny.

I was worried about paying the premium, but the second I got my paws on it... That thing is amazing.

It probably should have come with a six pack of Mountain Dew and a bag of Doritos, but man alive is that one sweet pistol.

There's some more obscure stuff around here, but that's my most modern "the search is over" firearm.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I really liked my M11. Been thinking of picking up one of the surplus M17s, or a police turn in P226/229.