GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I scored a killer deal on a used/broken fully-loaded Herman Miller Aeron task chair fixed it very cheaply. I ended up with a $1,000 chair for about $120 all-in, and it's miles better than what I've got at work. But they won't let me bring it in!! They're weird about things like this.
My desk is a tiny, pathetic 29" wide IKEA special and I've brought in a small dining table in the office to have room for my WFH stuff. I could probably do with higher internet tier too, as I'm remoting into my workstation. All my horsepower is there, but the connection is laggy.

I need that chair in my life.

I used to remote in when wfh normally on the one day a week I requested. There's no way I could put up with that full time - as fast as it can be it's still noticeable to me.

All our projects are on TFS so I just grabbed them all to work on locally and only remote in to do a deploy (until it's all moved to Azure) and a few small other tasks that can only be done that way.

I do run VPN to hook up to our dB while testing projects.

zrickety

The Fixer
Quoting the Princess Cruise Ship for infection numbers is ridiculous...those ships are notorious for spreading infections when there isn't a pandemic. A captive audience. All the data suggests 2 or 3% fatality for the virus, and this is mostly elderly or those with comorbidity. The flu kills more every year and no one bats an eye. Turn off CNN.
There are reports the flu vaccine is making people more vulnerable to coronavirus. It's about 3% effective anyway with side effects.
Look at the MSDS for thimerosal, you don't want to inject it. Truth be told, the flu shot gave me a blood disorder and renal failure.
I had to go through chemo and a stem cell transplant. Trust me when I say I've researched for countless hours. A simple google search or news article doesn't even scratch the surface.

Everyone on this forum was once a fetus...they have unique DNA, it's not the mom's body.
Yes miscarriages happen, but abortion is literally genocide. Use a condom.

Ronald Reagan — 'I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.'

3/23 Wow, 'revoked privileges to reply.' You guys obviously don't have kids, @jay745. I suppose you are for Democrat death squads for the elderly as well?? I don't believe I violated any forum rules, but you are taking away my first amendment rights. I would fight for you to speak your opinion, and you are censoring me! This is a new low for the forum. You win internet bully of the month.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm retired so I'm always home.:)

Just talked with my brother in Vegas. He said one of the ATCs tested positive and that's why an airport tower was vacant. He said there are two towers.

This staying at home really sucks, because I see younger people not giving a crap. I was going to buy this, but I figured some whiner would complain. https://www.amazon.com/Skeleteen-Medieval-Doctor-Plague-Mask/dp/B07V2JPSJS/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3FQEY3KOLJI0H&dchild=1&keywords=plague+doctor+costume&qid=1584922779&sprefix=plaque+doc,aps,174&sr=8-9

Someone will always complain, I’d wear that mask lol

Driving to and from work there’re just as many idiots out and about as always despite most things being closed

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Someone will always complain, I’d wear that mask lol

Driving to and from work there’re just as many idiots out and about as always despite most things being closed
I live in ky and still have to travel to NC for work. We work 10 days on and 4 off, 2 of those being drive days. The KY and TN roads was virtually empty today, but once we came through the tunnels on I40, it was back to the usual traffic. KY just ordered all non essential stores to close today by 5pm. Unfortunately, with being in the electrical field (substations) working on base, we will probably work all the way till they shut down the base.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
I needed a haircut 4 weeks ago. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail for yard work today. All I need is a Grateful Dead tshirt and I can freelance as a hippy
I told my wife now would be the perfect time for a mohawk. She said I'd need to find a hotel to live in...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I needed a haircut 4 weeks ago. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail for yard work today. All I need is a Grateful Dead tshirt and I can freelance as a hippy

Here you go. I got a shirt for you. Lol.
20200322_235113.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I work from home 4x week anyway, now I can’t go in at all... shucks.

Wife is home working too, so she’s occupied the table in the formal dining room.

Friend’s daughter is 22, was in FL for vacation. Now she’s in an oxygen chamber in an induced coma. Family is quarantined.

Wife’s coworker’s wife is a nurse, she has it, recovering at home. Family is quarantined. Dropped TP off at their doorstep today since they were on vacation when that shit-show happened, and got locked down quick.

I was coughed on by fellow tourist from East Asia, Feb 12. Feb 18 I had symptoms, but docs didn’t think about COVID, because ‘Merica! Wife and kids (3 & 5) all went through it. I still had and have persistent dry cough March 13 and they finally tested me. No Influenzas A or B antibody, no COVID virus in the part of my middle brain they swabbed, but I “likely recovered” and since there is no antibody test, we don’t know for sure.

Not trying to be a Debby downer, but the virus is everywhere out there and it’s hitting people. Please take the precautions put out by the CDC, socially isolate, limit contact, and wash your hands. Be kind to those around you, and take care of your family. Not many people are social hermits like me, so reach out to your friends and ask how they are doing. Above all, don’t panic.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I know the real race was canceled.
Quoting the Princess Cruise Ship for infection numbers is ridiculous...those ships are notorious for spreading infections when there isn't a pandemic. A captive audience. All the data suggests 2 or 3% fatality for the virus, and this is mostly elderly or those with comorbidity. The flu kills more every year and no one bats an eye. Turn off CNN.
There are reports the flu vaccine is making people more vulnerable to coronavirus. It's about 3% effective anyway with side effects.
Look at the MSDS for thimerosal, you don't want to inject it. Truth be told, the flu shot gave me a blood disorder and renal failure.
I had to go through chemo and a stem cell transplant. Trust me when I say I've researched for countless hours. A simple google search or news article doesn't even scratch the surface.

Everyone on this forum was once a fetus...they have unique DNA, it's not the mom's body.

Ronald Reagan — 'I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.'

Everything you said is compete nonsense. You are what happens when the public is educated on important subjects via internet memes.

Funny how pro life folks support our massive military murdering for oil all over the planet. Reagan would be proud.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

I can't even. Biggest facepalm ever. I think we'll continue on this thread without you. Thanks for playing, maybe go to Facebook if you want to derail conversations about global pandemics and turn them into your extreme bs about abortion that has nothing to do with the conversation. Bye Felicia.
I'm getting a bit scruffy myself
I know the real race was canceled.

Everything you said is compete nonsense. You are what happens when the public is educated on important subjects via internet memes.

Funny how pro life folks support our massive military murdering for oil all over the planet. Reagan would be proud.
^bingo.mov

torga

Autocross Champion
First full day of WFH today. I hope my remote desktop app doesn't give me too many problems...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I haven't had any issue with m VPN, but we were setup from an infrastructure and network side for remote work before this. I saw some governments were asking streaming movie services to reduce to SD to reduce the load on the larger internet infrastructure, but I'm not seeing them making that move. I've been trying to stream in SD when possible, but some are only available in HD. Anyone seeing issues with their internet?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I needed a haircut 4 weeks ago.
lol...I've been youtubing "How to cut your own hair"......I think I'd have scary results. Need one badly and should have gotten it when things first kicked off...now I'm definitely not going in.

I haven't had any issue with m VPN, but we were setup from an infrastructure and network side for remote work before this. I saw some governments were asking streaming movie services to reduce to SD to reduce the load on the larger internet infrastructure, but I'm not seeing them making that move. I've been trying to stream in SD when possible, but some are only available in HD. Anyone seeing issues with their internet?
Xfinity at home and no throttling here. Where I work was definitely NOT set up to work remotely, as that's always been frowned upon....until now ironically. The govt NEC has manually shut down all non-necessary sites too (youtube, etc) for obvious reasons, so no-go from govt laptops.