GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Cleaned up my engine bay a little bit, pulled the engine cover in the process and found that the previous owner had put in RedTops :cool:

Hands are a little bruised from the Soundaktor squeeze... totally worth it tho. Need to do the sandwich bag suggestion from JoeMama still...

Can take the cowling off to make it a lot easier. I pulled the whole box out, put heavy duty tape over the connector and zip tied it facing down. Bag is good also. I've forgotten what it used to sound like by now

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Cleaned up my engine bay a little bit, pulled the engine cover in the process and found that the previous owner had put in RedTops :cool:

Hands are a little bruised from the Soundaktor squeeze... totally worth it tho. Need to do the sandwich bag suggestion from JoeMama still...

I finally removed mine after you reminded me with your post lol. I don't know how anyone can get in there without removing the cowling. I removed the cowl and unbolted some of the wiper bracket thing so I could get at it better. Used a bag like JoeMama suggested. While I had the cowl off I cleaned it and put some trim shine on it so it's nice and shiny.

Haven't driven the car yet to see what it sounds like.

Rear wiper delete which I’ve wanted to do for so long.

I have a Kill All Wipers plug on the shelf just other stuff keeps coming up.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Can take the cowling off to make it a lot easier. I pulled the whole box out, put heavy duty tape over the connector and zip tied it facing down. Bag is good also. I've forgotten what it used to sound like by now
I finally removed mine after you reminded me with your post lol. I don't know how anyone can get in there without removing the cowling. I removed the cowl and unbolted some of the wiper bracket thing so I could get at it better. Used a bag like JoeMama suggested. While I had the cowl off I cleaned it and put some trim shine on it so it's nice and shiny.

Haven't driven the car yet to see what it sounds like.

I followed a video off of vwvortex where the guy just lifts the cowling and squeezes his hand in there. Looks like he had it a little unclipped at the windshield but I'm not familiar with the cowling on this car. Would've been fine yanking up on my Saab but I don't want to accidentally break something :(

Bowthewow

Ready to race!

Idk if I’m just stupid but I couldn’t tell the different with having it unplugged

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Idk if I’m just stupid but I couldn’t tell the different with having it unplugged

The "night and day" for me has come at idle and pulling it out of the garage. Can't wait to get it on the highway and see what's different. Girlfriend noticed a big difference too.

I want my car to purr, but I want it to purr because I've made improvements to the engine/exhaust...not because an engineer strapped a glorified Playstation controller to a frame member.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Would've been fine yanking up on my Saab....

not gonna lie, i miss my 9-3. had it chipped, dropped, cat back... i really liked it. If only the engineers had really invested in putting in the right stereo... had to spend what felt guap trying to get the sound right.... then i gave it to my son...who babied it....right until he got a GTI.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
not gonna lie, i miss my 9-3. had it chipped, dropped, cat back... i really liked it. If only the engineers had really invested in putting in the right stereo... had to spend what felt guap trying to get the sound right.... then i gave it to my son...who babied it....right until he got a GTI.

Never got the chance to mess around with mine...hard to afford all that when you're a highschooler/college kid. By the time I could afford it, I was putting money in to it just to keep driving :LOL: Did manage to put some 5x7's in the rear shelf with an amp, though. That really helped with the sound.

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm being CENSORED, in the off-topic/misc covid thread. @jay745 is an internet bully. Was nice to know you guys.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm being CENSORED, in the off-topic/misc covid thread. @jay745 is an internet bully. Was nice to know you guys.
Simply stopping you from derailing a conversation and turning it into a shitshow political keyboard warrior thread. You brought it upon yourself. Suggest you move on now.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
With Seattle going full on lockdown, I spent parts of today and yesterday cleaning up the garage to put the car under the knife. In about a week or so I should have k04'ed beast :D

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah Ive been doing the same, just cleaning the car inside and out. I soaked all my monster mats in the tub and got em nice and clean.

I need to get a crush washer for my oil drain plug. I got a slow drip from the plug and I think I must have forgotten it during my last oil change.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Out of winter mode and back into fighting weight @ 2790lbs.

Ultraleggras on
Carbon fiber hood on
Bride seat back in
Spare removed (again)

Damn. Really wondering what mine weighs now with no interior and a roll bar. I wonder if I can get it under 2700...

Do you have a sunroof?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Damn. Really wondering what mine weighs now with no interior and a roll bar. I wonder if I can get it under 2700...

Do you have a sunroof?
Under 2700 is hard. I'm at 2811 at the moment and really scratching my head on where I would for me another 100 that could come out. I do want to delete my front impact bar and replace it with a lightweight tubular but even that's only 30 or so.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Under 2700 is hard. I'm at 2811 at the moment and really scratching my head on where I would for me another 100 that could come out. I do want to delete my front impact bar and replace it with a lightweight tubular but even that's only 30 or so.

Have you tried replacing the heavy steel control arms with the Audi made aluminum ones?