GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camera recommendations

torga

Autocross Champion
In a couple of years, I think competition will be fierce. I used an A7Riii after using the EOS R, and the EOS R has a much better EVF. More resolution and the frame rate is higher. On the A7Riii, you knew you were looking at a screen. With the EOS R, not so much. Felt a lot more like an OVF.
But, I think the Sony A7Riii still has the EOS R beat on dynamic range. Definitely has the Nikon mirrorless FF beat on it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I’m a Pentax guy. Pentax crop DSLR and Pentax film full frame (I use for just B&W). Nikon, Cannon and Sony are king but I think Pentax offers a great balance of cost and performance.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
So many great cameras out there. Been shooting since 1970, started with a Practica TL made in East Germany. I'm now shooting with Fuji cameras, love their old school dials & handling. They remind me of the film cameras I loved in the past.

dpreview.com is a good site as is fredmiranda.com. So much info to be had out there. Happy hunting....

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Buy an iPhone. (Being that guy)

Modern cell phone cameras are truly amazing. Not a replacement for a good DSLR but for most things they do great.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
on the 'gram, you can tell when it's DSLR vs an iPhone
Landscapes with a deep depth of field, it's a little harder. Turn up the sharpness (conservatively), edit tastefully, and damn... new phones are crazy good (Pixel, iPhone). I put A LOT of stock into my phone camera because "the best camera is the one you've got with you". So I'm a die-hard Pixel user.
But once you start getting into closer focal lengths or shallower depth of field, the valley between phone camera and DSLR with a competent user grows to be staggering. I like to walk around with either a 35mm or a 50mm prime on my DSLR for most things. If I wanna do a landscape, which I don't do too often, I just take a bunch in a grid and stitch them later. I generally shoot close.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Landscapes with a deep depth of field, it's a little harder. Turn up the sharpness (conservatively), edit tastefully, and damn... new phones are crazy good (Pixel, iPhone). I put A LOT of stock into my phone camera because "the best camera is the one you've got with you". So I'm a die-hard Pixel user.
But once you start getting into closer focal lengths or shallower depth of field, the valley between phone camera and DSLR with a competent user grows to be staggering. I like to walk around with either a 35mm or a 50mm prime on my DSLR for most things. If I wanna do a landscape, which I don't do too often, I just take a bunch in a grid and stitch them later. I generally shoot close.

Nifty 50 for the win!!! My favorite lens is my 50mm 1.8.

Last time I took the camera out I used the film camera. I feel like it challenges me more to take interesting photos.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I loved my Canon point & shoots... but my budget for a DSLR is Nikon

I got a Nikon D5600 last year during their Father's Day sale. Nikon, when you buy direct from them can have some nice sales, saving you a lot of money.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Looking to get a decent camera for hiking pics, car pics, dog pics, and general photographing. Not looking to skimp on cost but not trying to overspend on stuff I don't need. I k ow that lenses really are where the money pit starts so let's have at it... what are you using and would you recommend or not?
Take a look at the Sony RX100 V. Compact, yet super powerful sensor. Fast Zeiss optics with a large focal range. Perfect daily carry IMO.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
M4/3s systems......lightest interchangeable lens DLSR type system....

I have an Olympus E-M1 MkII...20MP sensor, can to 50MP high res shots...upto 60fps....IPX1 splash proof...-10C proof...dust proof...

Plus the advantage of M4/3s...twice the depth of focus for the same f/stop at 35mm full frame....