GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
My dude said he's in self isolation until Saturday(just because, not showing any symptoms)... Assured me he has plenty of herbal home remedies in stock.

Not sure how we got so off topic here, but I re-watched a bit from a comedian last night on that. Pretty funny not sure if you've heard of Dave Chappelle. :ROFLMAO:

My dad is 72 and it's a beating. He insists on going out, going to the store, going to get a drink at QT, driving around, trying to go to restaurants. He acts like he's not part of the elderly/compromised group. He smoked for probably 20 years and had a stroke back in 2001, as well as just recently being told he was pre-diabetic. He's got the sweet tooth, and we've found him buying candy/garbage while on trips to Home Depot. Or for instance, going to get a couple sausage rolls at the donut shop. Then smashing donut holes on the way back to the house.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I get a little stuttering when streaming Amazon videos if I also surf in another window simultaneously. I just checked my speed and it's about 85Mbps.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My dude said he's in self isolation until Saturday(just because, not showing any symptoms)... Assured me he has plenty of herbal home remedies in stock.

Not sure how we got so off topic here, but I re-watched a bit from a comedian last night on that. Pretty funny not sure if you've heard of Dave Chappelle. :ROFLMAO:

My dad is 72 and it's a beating. He insists on going out, going to the store, going to get a drink at QT, driving around, trying to go to restaurants. He acts like he's not part of the elderly/compromised group. He smoked for probably 20 years and had a stroke back in 2001, as well as just recently being told he was pre-diabetic. He's got the sweet tooth, and we've found him buying candy/garbage while on trips to Home Depot. Or for instance, going to get a couple sausage rolls at the donut shop. Then smashing donut holes on the way back to the house.

My parents and the wife's were/are the same way. They had/have the attitude that they're old and they're going to do whatever they wanted.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Same with my parents. My dad get his news from memes and onion articles. Quite frustrating
onion articles...awesome....some of those are darn right hilarious.

My parents are hunkered down in the Springs, but my wife's parents...same age, worse health and going about as if nothing is happening. All we can do is respectfully tell them what they should do, and then support them right?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Closing on a townhouse this week. Terrifying. It's a great time to buy because you can practically name your price and any seller basically has to take it, not knowing when the next opportunity to sell will be, and great rates but FUCK i hope i or my wife doesn't lose out job/s. Gonna be a TIGHT couple months!

Related matter since we are going through with it i wish we had closed a week or two ago so i had more shit to do instead of moping around my current place with everything packed up lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
One cool thing....I'm saving my GTI 360 miles/week, each week I telework.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
IT infrastructure here - last 2 weeks or so have been a nightmare. You name it, I’ve gotten emails about it. I feel the end users pain to some extent, but people literally have forgotten basic job functions.

We have always on vpn enabled, and only 1/10th of our users were on the last time we pulled logs.

Still coming in every day, but no real complaint about that. Office literally is a war zone though. People taking their docks, monitors, etc home despite multiple emails stating no to. Even saw a networked printer gone.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
IT infrastructure here - last 2 weeks or so have been a nightmare. You name it, I’ve gotten emails about it. I feel the end users pain to some extent, but people literally have forgotten basic job functions.

I hear you......I immediately thought of this:

any.jpg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
As of 1hr ago...UK now in lockdown for the next 3 weeks at least..about frecking time!!..

Only allowed out for food/medicine, caring for elderly & once a day for exercise....any groups of people of 2 or more other than family will be dispersed....all shops etc to be closed, (most have anyway)..only food/medicine stores to be allowed open......

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
As of 1hr ago...UK now in lockdown for the next 3 weeks at least..about frecking time!!..

Only allowed out for food/medicine, caring for elderly & once a day for exercise....any groups of people of 2 or more other than family will be dispersed....all shops etc to be closed, (most have anyway)..only food/medicine stores to be allowed open......
Who can and can’t travel for work is a little vague I feel, what about construction sites for instance?
https://assets.publishing.service.g...e_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others.pdf

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Nobody in the US is staying home. My job is essential so I have to work regardless, but the roads are literally just as busy as always. Everything that’s still open is absolutely packed, so essentially nothing has changed at all other than our economy tanking.

Best news I’ve heard all day is the bans might be lifted after 15 days, which were now half way through.