GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 GTI mk8

torga

Autocross Champion
Here's some brand new, undisguised .:R action.

vwGolfR.nr05.KGP_.jpg

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/15/volkswagen-r-models-spied-nurburgring/#slide-2224703

torga

Autocross Champion

VW365

The Clubport remains the most beautiful golf ever made.. The MK8 is too boring with no extra aggressive feature as the Audi..

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
Hummm . . . While I, too, would like to celebrate what at first glance appears to be a decent looking front grille -- as opposed to the Mk8 GTI's open maw -- a closer look at pics 9, 10, and 11 et seq. in the AutoBlog sequence above reveals the descending appendages in the pics are held in place with pop-rivets and tape. White camo tape can also be seen on top edges of the grille "wings". Thus, while we certainly can hope that the R will have a better looking grille than the Mk8 GTI, we have nothing so far to confirm that.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
The Straight Pipes look at the Mk8 GTI virtually.. at about 4:30 they take on the cheesy touch/slider controls...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
The Straight Pipes look at the Mk8 GTI virtually.. at about 4:30 they take on the cheesy touch/slider controls...

Love TSP. Throttle House is another one of my favorites.

mike G

Ready to race!
As with most cars this really grew on me. Still not sure how much I like the "touch islands". I feel like it will be a greasy looking, fingerprint ridden mess. I guess ill wait and see!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
As with most cars this really grew on me. Still not sure how much I like the "touch islands". I feel like it will be a greasy looking, fingerprint ridden mess. I guess ill wait and see!
I've learned to withhold judgement until I see cars in the metal. Hated the look of the G20 3 series when it was fist announced, but having had a chance to see a few in person I've come to see it as an incredibly handsome car.

mike G

Ready to race!
I've learned to withhold judgement until I see cars in the metal. Hated the look of the G20 3 series when it was fist announced, but having had a chance to see a few in person I've come to see it as an incredibly handsome car.

I currently live in Germany for work (moving back to the states soon thank god), and have seen many Mk8's. The front end (and fog lights) are still atrocious to me. But the rear of the car is gorgeous. I actually love the interior looks but it is definitely a smudge factory. IDK, the more I see it the more I like it. I think ill dislike the front end forever though. :D