GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I did a couple prime grade ribeyes and a filet today for my moms 69th bday. I used a B&B “competition” oak coal with some hickory chunks. Started the fire and then put a rack down just above the coals. Let the meats rest seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper for about 30 minutes. Put them on the smoke for around 45 minutes while monitoring the internal temp. Pulled them off around 125, took the top piece off the smoker and immediately placed the meat on the lower grate to sear. Got some decent grill marks, broke the fat down a bit, little touch of smoke, and super tender. Please excuse the non corporate dressed up baked potatoe.
83557006-C3D1-4B98-B672-1BCB653066F8.jpeg

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Salmon with brown sugar and Cajun seasoning

A2A3F977-7916-4ADB-8DB6-CF7BAD6B0F15.jpeg
I'm going to try your rub on my next Salmon fillet. Zatarain's or Tony Chachere's?

I did a couple prime grade ribeyes and a filet today for my moms 69th bday. I used a B&B “competition” oak coal with some hickory chunks. Started the fire and then put a rack down just above the coals. Let the meats rest seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper for about 30 minutes. Put them on the smoke for around 45 minutes while monitoring the internal temp. Pulled them off around 125, took the top piece off the smoker and immediately placed the meat on the lower grate to sear. Got some decent grill marks, broke the fat down a bit, little touch of smoke, and super tender. Please excuse the non corporate dressed up baked potatoe. View attachment 171538
I'm digging your "sear at 125" technique. That steak is perfection. If that were my potatoe, I'd slice it into 3/8" medallions now and butter brush them, lightly salt and broil them on both sides until brown. Eat while they are hot and crispy. Cottage fries?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I'm digging your "sear at 125" technique. That steak is perfection. If that were my potatoe, I'd slice it into 3/8" medallions now and butter brush them, lightly salt and broil them on both sides until brown. Eat while they are hot and crispy. Cottage fries?

My mom just likes classic old baked potatoes. We had the usual stuff to put inside. I did twice baked before and that’s a pita. That’s a good option also... I often find myself just stuffing my face and forgetting to arrange proper photos. 😂

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Wife and I made a 17 lbs brisket a few weeks back. Thing was delicious! My set up is a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain with a bunch of mods and a FlameBoss 300 WiFi controller. Cook was about 13 hours total.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I did a couple prime grade ribeyes and a filet today for my moms 69th bday. I used a B&B “competition” oak coal with some hickory chunks. Started the fire and then put a rack down just above the coals. Let the meats rest seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper for about 30 minutes. Put them on the smoke for around 45 minutes while monitoring the internal temp. Pulled them off around 125, took the top piece off the smoker and immediately placed the meat on the lower grate to sear. Got some decent grill marks, broke the fat down a bit, little touch of smoke, and super tender. Please excuse the non corporate dressed up baked potatoe. View attachment 171538

I thought that was an asteroid next to the steak. 😂

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I've never had brisket, but that looks pretty damn good

NEVER?
Coming from Texas, that's like some saying they've never tried water. 😂

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Thank you. Now; please try this on your next smoked salmon fillet: Dilute 4 tbs of honey with 2 tsp's of water. Add 2 tbs of dill weed and 1 tbs of ground rosemary. Mix well and let stand for at least an hour before you brush it onto your fillet. Repeat the application halfway through the cooking time. This always gets complements.
The old folks especially because it's not "spicy" or hot.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Thank you. Now; please try this on your next smoked salmon fillet: Dilute 4 tbs of honey with 2 tsp's of water. Add 2 tbs of dill weed and 1 tbs of ground rosemary. Mix well and let stand for at least an hour before you brush it onto your fillet. Repeat the application halfway through the cooking time. This always gets complements.
The old folks especially because it's not "spicy" or hot.

I’ll give it a try when cooking for the in-laws. My family loves spicy, they think ketchup can have some kick.

Doing a twice smoked ham today... smoker needs to get to temp before I “just a thin slice nom nom” this piece of meat to oblivion.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Beef plate ribs. Cooked two of them, the other was much more symmetrical looking. Totally worth it... omg. Also threw some wrapped corn in there with butter and creole seasoning inside.

Attachments

• D3D9E6AA-E891-4DC5-ADD8-0734BAE6A1C0.jpeg
    D3D9E6AA-E891-4DC5-ADD8-0734BAE6A1C0.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 311

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Beef plate ribs. Cooked two of them, the other was much more symmetrical looking. Totally worth it... omg. Also threw some wrapped corn in there with butter and creole seasoning inside.

Damn you sure do eat good.