GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Some smoked ribs for my man torga who brought an awesome cheesecake.

@csumt76 the lid I'm talking about is something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DE6NBTS/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_8Le1Eb6QR8R3X

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
With that lid ^ you can wrap it in foil and it makes clean up really easy. Or, if youre making turkey, I like to put a little broth or water in there to capture the drippins. You just keep adding water throughout the cook so it doesn't dry up and burn. The you have some awesome drippings to make smoked gravy with. Mmmmm

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
With that lid ^ you can wrap it in foil and it makes clean up really easy. Or, if youre making turkey, I like to put a little broth or water in there to capture the drippins. You just keep adding water throughout the cook so it doesn't dry up and burn. The you have some awesome drippings to make smoked gravy with. Mmmmm

Sounds good. I normally just run it dry with foil in there. I could have used that when I did a prime rib roast to keep the juice.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Smoked up some beef jerky for my trip this week (heading down to Bend, OR for some golf and cabin time). It's a bottom round cut marinated overnight in Dr. Pepper and Jalapenos. Cooked it for 4 hours at 175 degrees on the weber with a few chunks of hickory tossed in. Came out pretty good!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Smoked up some beef jerky for my trip this week (heading down to Bend, OR for some golf and cabin time). It's a bottom round cut marinated overnight in Dr. Pepper and Jalapenos. Cooked it for 4 hours at 175 degrees on the weber with a few chunks of hickory tossed in. Came out pretty good!

Baller, never thought about that. I’m currently doing some corn, asparagus and a few tenderloins on it for dinner.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Sweet corn- pulled the husk back and seasoned with creole, put it on the smoke for 30 minutes then wrapped it in foil with butter. Left on smoker for another 1:15

Asparagus- olive oil, minced garlic, little salt, wrapped and steamed in the smoker for maybe an hour

Choice Tender loins- light olive oil, Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub, let rest on the counter for 1 hr, smoked for about 45 min and then hit it on the coals for a few minutes.

Running just kingsford and some apple wood chunks this time. Sorry Jim

IMG_3013.jpg
IMG_3015.jpg
IMG_3016.jpg
IMG_3017.jpg