GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
The magnets are crazy strong, so the 3M tape wasn't enough and i had to anchor the magnet holder in with two screws. That said, good point about head on collision, but I don't usually carry hot, so no worrying about my foot :)
If the magnets are as strong as you say and there's no chance of it coming lose, I'd be more concerned about having a hardened piece of steel by your knee in a collision than the gun going off with one in the chamber (provided you haven't done any hillbilly gunsmithing to the trigger/striker components).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Yeah, but then there are no good places to stash it.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Everything in life is a compromise.

Carrying on the hip could cause hip or back injuries, and is a slow draw when belted in. AIWB could cause internal injuries from the belt, it goes on and on.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I have a t-rex arms sidecar for my vp9. I'm a bit smaller so it's hard to carry in the summer without printing but I have a shield also if I really need to. I prefer appendix because I can see if i'm printing at all and also I just feel better knowing that if someone made a move for it, i'd be able to see them coming vs if it was at 3 or 4 oclock

swcrow

Autocross Champion
^in other words......small of back if you expect nothing, appendix if you expect something. Always expect the unexpected lol

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I hope no one is fooled by this defund the police crap. If successful there will be few police to protect us. Fine, we can protect ourselves. Then the anti-gun faction will call for disarming us, because they'll say we are a problem. If successful, I'll be looking for a Panama IP address.

Who's going to enforce the gun laws??

swcrow

Autocross Champion
CHAZ has already shown us how this will go down. Not that any of it was surprising
I pictured the begining of 28 weeks later, where the snipers are on the roof tops watching and taking shots. I wonder if roof tops were occupied a ways out from this garbage mess.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
CHAZ has already shown us how this will go down. Not that any of it was surprising

CHAZ is not only enabled, but directly supported by both the city and federal government, with funding from leftist extremist groups and backup from the mainstream media. This isn't grass roots and it is no accident. Jenny Durkan thinks it benefits her politically, and Trump thinks it benefits him. IMO they are both correct.

Jenny Durkan needs to appeal to the majority of a far left city. She can say she supported an occupied protest for racial equality (because supposedly that's what it's about). Life may be hell for the 500 people and various business that live and operate in that area, but this collateral damage has been calculated for, and she thinks it will be outweighed by votes from BLM loyalists, Antifa wackos, etc. She's probably right.

Trump is looking at it as a gift. Leftist cities are destroying themselves, he'd be a fool to stop it. He can demand they fix the issues, and offer help, so it looks like he did something, but to actually go in with force would be politically foolish for several reasons, not to mention legally questionable.

CHAZ is not what happens when the police are disbanded, it's what happens when the police work for the mayor, and the mayor works for the mob. The police were ordered to surrender that part of the city. The mayor also ordered the Seattle DPW to make and deliver the concrete barricades that now surround the occupied zone. If an opposing group went in and used force to displace the "protestors" they would be immediately arrested. The occupiers are afforded the protections of law, which is why this is happening. This isn't some hardened force, it's completely untrained jackasses with a few ARs that think they're tough because they have faced no opposition whatsoever...3 well trained guys with Ruger 10/22s could conquer the place in 20 minutes, but we all know that would land them life sentences.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
My FIL, Bob, was my shooting buddy. For the last decade plus, he was the guy I’d call when I wanted to go shooting. There is this crappy range nearby me, with a separate 25 yard range you have to qualify on under supervision. You wouldn’t think keeping a full load + reload on a B27 at 25 yards was that hard, but it was. And we frequently had the range to ourselves, which is awesome.

Bob had a massive heart attack shortly after all this Covid-19 shit happened and passed away, right after his 70th birthday.

He specifically left his guns to me, which I collected last weekend. Sucks. We all miss you Bob.

S&W 66, mid 80s vintage:
617F97C6-09F7-4830-99E3-8BF8599C91CE.jpeg

Ruger Competition Target
EA6CDCF1-FF0B-4D8B-978F-2B4CD740E1C9.jpeg

M&P 9. The front white dot is missing, so I’m thinking about switching to fiber optic.
51938872-A78E-4DD9-9CE7-143F547E9E9B.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
A Marlin GA30 Great American Game Series model I "built" for my dad. Have yet to sight it in (will shave down the front sight a bit) and will add a fiber optic rod to the front sight. .30-30 Winchester.

Attachments

• 20200623_182152.jpg
    20200623_182152.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 168

Corprin

Autocross Champion
How did this thread turn into a political discussion? Le sigh.

need to do some loading.

15977306-2FF6-4B12-9DE3-6B7EB4406E6C.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
This stupid VA law that goes into effect on 1 July has put a kink in my plans. After 1 July, it's "illegal" to sell a weapon without conducting a full background check on the buyer....essentially disabling our local intrastate website allowing for the buying/selling of any weapon (all sales require CCL/DL/BOS).

Arghhhh.....

Corprin

Autocross Champion
This stupid VA law that goes into effect on 1 July has put a kink in my plans. After 1 July, it's "illegal" to sell a weapon without conducting a full background check on the buyer....essentially disabling our local intrastate website allowing for the buying/selling of any weapon (all sales require CCL/DL/BOS).

Arghhhh.....

Even though it’s not mandatory, I won’t do a FTF sale without seeing a valid permit to carry/permit to purchase and a matching DL. Many in MN are the same.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Even though it’s not mandatory, I won’t do a FTF sale without seeing a valid permit to carry/permit to purchase and a matching DL. Many in MN are the same.
Exactly! We do this already.....all the good guy cards....I never sell to anyone without a BoS, CCL and DL all matching. This essentially strips all of us from buying/selling.....and forces us to go through an FFL