GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Mass shootings in the US will top those in the UK any day of the week.

Oh god yes....

We have guns over here, loads of shot guns & hunting rifles, but thats on the hunting estates & farming.

Also in the big cities there are masses of illegal guns on the black market for the criminals. But the amount of people shot each year per head of population is nothing compared to USA....

I lived in London, & near the rough parts & yes you are worried about getting robbed/stabbed....but having lived in rural USA where we were worried about some nutter local with a bunch of guns on his truck rear window rack shooting you or the local idiotic cops killing you on the highway....I'll take our laws...

& BTW Canada has more guns per head of population & far fewer deaths, which proves its the idiots that are allowed to carry guns which is the problem...& unfortunately I trust less of the population as time goes on...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
In only a few states can you carry a gun legally without a permit. I researched how many people without a permit shot someone (not in self-defense) on a college or university. It was one or none. Anyone can buy a gun with a simple background check, I think you should know how to use it too. If everyone was required to take a basic training course with a test, like the ones for a carry permit, I think it go a long way to stop accidental or deliberate shootings because they didn't know how a gun operates or the laws.

Those of you who live in Georgia, is open carry allowed? My niece is interested in getting a gun, and the rest of her family are anti's.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
UTG makes some decent bits....
20200706_120633.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
In only a few states can you carry a gun legally without a permit. I researched how many people without a permit shot someone (not in self-defense) on a college or university. It was one or none. Anyone can buy a gun with a simple background check, I think you should know how to use it too. If everyone was required to take a basic training course with a test, like the ones for a carry permit, I think it go a long way to stop accidental or deliberate shootings because they didn't know how a gun operates or the laws.

Those of you who live in Georgia, is open carry allowed? My niece is interested in getting a gun, and the rest of her family are anti's.

Lol, those killed at Virginia Tech beg to differ.

Georgia does not have open carry. Open carry is silly.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
To 2nd amendment enthusiasts,

Thinking about finally getting a handgun. I’ve been looking at the HK VP9SK. Anyone of you folks have one of these? Thoughts?

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
The VP9 in any form isn't on the CA roster of handguns approved for new sale, which means paying a premium for a used one.

I've shot the full sized VP9B, and the grip is nicely shaped, but not particularly aggressively textured. Initial trigger pull is nice, but the reset is a bit disappointing by comparison. I like the idea of customizing the back and side panels of the grip; so one could hand stipple them without worrying about ruining the serialized portion of the frame.

Like most of the current crop of striker-fire polymer pistols (Walther PPQ, S&W M&P 2.0, Gen 5 Glocks, SIG P320, CZ P-10), I'm sure it's accurate and reliable enough that personal preference is a big factor. If I wanted that form factor, I'd lean towards a Glock 26 or an M&P 2.0 Subcompact for better parts and accessories support, along with probably cheaper magazines. But if the H&K and it's $40+ magazines float your boat, go right ahead.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Picked this up last week,

.357mag, shoots nice but needs some better grips.

Before anyone laughs, we make do with what's legal

Attachments

• 3Tilw_tu_IKpvttletYRlw6aMegFBBHBtPcpPgHDLDU.jpg
    3Tilw_tu_IKpvttletYRlw6aMegFBBHBtPcpPgHDLDU.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 192

anotero

Autocross Champion

Thinking about finally getting a handgun. I’ve been looking at the HK VP9SK. Anyone of you folks have one of these? Thoughts?

Do your folks live in a different state? If so, you can have them buy the gun you want and to a family transfer. That's how you can buy a handgun that's not on the CA roster.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Here is my simple AR Bushmaster

Attachments

• AA0A8342-2B26-44D6-8D29-08EF7F6B3F4F.jpeg
    AA0A8342-2B26-44D6-8D29-08EF7F6B3F4F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • 9DCC0920-D5DA-42B6-AD53-AEC76F66B2EE.jpeg
    9DCC0920-D5DA-42B6-AD53-AEC76F66B2EE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
  • BE36F84E-4934-412D-A655-466D2427AD8F.jpeg
    BE36F84E-4934-412D-A655-466D2427AD8F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 190
  • E63C060A-DC44-48C3-99D9-38DCB753E804.jpeg
    E63C060A-DC44-48C3-99D9-38DCB753E804.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 204

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Picked this up last week,

.357mag, shoots nice but needs some better grips.

Before anyone laughs, we make do with what's legal
Wouldn't that make it a SBR?

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Wouldn't that make it a SBR?

Actually in the uk we have to do the different BS dance to you when it comes to firearm length.

In the uk “hand guns” Are banned, a hand gun is defined as a gun with a barrel of less than 12” and a over all length of less than 24” hence the inception of the long barrel pistols.

Our laws are BS but we make do and keep on plinking.