GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

bentin

Autocross Champion
That's populist nonsense. China holds 5% of US debt. And it isn't my opinion that our economy is over capitalized, it's just the reality.
Snicker. Their currency is pegged to ours. Just think through the process of changing that for a second. I'll wait.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200723-223111.png
    Screenshot_20200723-223111.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20200723-223141.png
    Screenshot_20200723-223141.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot_20200723-223257.png
    Screenshot_20200723-223257.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 198

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
My interpretation of that data is that a significant portion of our debt is held by foreign countries, but not the overwhelming amount you might think. It looks like he actually over shot it when he said 5%.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And that relates to which statement of yours?

If you have to ask, then you don't know enough to intelligently discuss economics.

Someone else already posted confirmation of China debt holdings, though a 3 second search would have done it to. You made a wild claim about China's US debt holding without even spending 3 seconds to do a search. That's why I called it populist nonsense. You've heard politician's and Fox pundits say it over and over, and your never bothered to see if it was true. That's what's killing this country.

Last edited:

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
My interpretation of that data is that a significant portion of our debt is held by foreign countries, but not the overwhelming amount you might think. It looks like he actually over shot it when he said 5%.
"Foreign holdings of U.S. debt have ballooned in the past decade." Quote taken directly from your first attachment. To borrow a common phrase from the pandemic, not exactly "flattening the curve".

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
If you have to ask, then you don't know enough to intelligently discuss economics.

Someone else already posted confirmation of China debt holdings, though a 3 second search would have done it to. You made a wild claim about China's US debt holding without even spending 3 seconds to do a search. That's why I called it populist nonsense. You've heard politician's and Fox pundits say it over and over, and your never bothered to see if it was true. That's what's killing this country.

It was only a matter of time until you insult my intelligence or lack of. I want Trump to get reelected if for no other reason than for you to suffer four more years of misery.