GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Punks not dead

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Oh wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm 53 and got into punk rock through skateboarding back in 77 or 78 or so. I don't know where to start - The Damned would be my all time favorite. In the early days I was really into the UK punk bands of the time - the Damned obviously, and the Sex Pistols, 999, Clash, Buzzcocks, UK Subs, Stranglers, Generation X (Billy Idol's band before going solo), XTC, Stiff Little fingers....
Some of the US band I was into early on were Iggy Pop, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, the Ramones, The Dead Boys, Devo (not really considered Punk , but still a favorite of mine today).

A few years later the early Hardcore bands - Black Flag, Circle Jerks, DKs, TSOL, Agent Orange.
During the late 80s I was listening to bunch of stuff that I guess would be considered post punk/pre-grunge, stuff like the Replacements, the Meat Puppets, Dinosaur Jr., the Pixies, the Beat Farmers...

The 90s pop punk stuff I never really got into, I didn't dislike it, it just sounded all the same to me - the soundtrack for the latest 90s teen romcom.
Not sure if you're a SiriusXM subscriber (the app and streaming is actually free right now thanks to COVID until May 15th), but one of the streaming channels is Marky Ramone's Punk Rock Blitzkrieg (channel 712), and it's pretty much every band you listed.

I keep it playing all day while I'm stuck at home doing work/projects, perfect background music.

SheriGoddart75

You are a faithful person to the subculture.
I have always been fascinated by the punk subculture since adolescence. Even though I myself am not. I like punk music too
Unfortunately, now I practically do not meet such people even on the Internet.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'm 44 and listen to a LOT of stuff including some Punk (Clash, Ramones, etc).......my fav is still Social Distortion, still rock out to their classic stuff hard.

I also listen to EDM, big into Deadmau5 and Kygo but also absolutely LOVE me some DUBSTEP. :cool:

LOL Love the looks I get, pulling up to lights in this loud exhaust, lowered VW, (or even better the TTRS) with the back window covered in multicolor stickers and DUBSTEP rattling the windows and they see this old guy driving. LMAO

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I'm 36, I still listen to mostly punk rock. Is anyone in the same boat?

The Suicide Machines just released Revolution Spring, their first album in 12 years and it's so good to hear a band from my youth staying true to the cause.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

I'm 41. Had a road trip planned to go see Dropkick Murphys and Rancid play in Montreal on the May long weekend through some of the area's greatest driving roads. Damn covid.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I'm 41. Had a road trip planned to go see Dropkick Murphys and Rancid play in Montreal on the May long weekend through some of the area's greatest driving roads. Damn covid.
I saw DKM and Rancid 2 years ago in Chicago, awesome show.

I was supposed to see Anti-Flag in May, but we all know how that went.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Made the decision in 2019 with AC/DC dying off, Elton John retiring (with $2k tickets if we drove 3 hours) that we needed to start to just go see everything we could. I don't want to die without seeing a Beatle play live. Joe Strummer suddenly went at 50, Bowie suddenly died of secret Cancer- you just never know when these pillars of music will stop playing for us. Brian Johnston's vocal cords just stopped one day. You never know.... If the Misfits tour again, I'll cross the border for that.

Non punk concerts: Saw Tool in November, which was just as good as the Lateralus era show 20 years ago. Nathaniel Raitliff March...8th? It was very near the start of the lockdown, and it just felt.... wrong. We sort of knew that things were going to change and that all our summer tickets were basically void.

We had tix for Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, and DKM/Rancid. Rancid's on the bucket list- and I don't pay close enough attention to know whether I should expect Tim Armstrong to last another 5 years with his extra curriculars.... Just gotta go see the shows.

F Covid. Loved the St Paddy's day concert livestream. They brought it for no crowd. Played out Break Shit right out for me though, waiting for the stream to start.