GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Ford Bronco

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Placed deposit for one when it became available. 2dr Black Diamond edition. Was debating the badlands edition but TBH, don't truly need that type of off-roading capabilities. Don't truly need the sasquatch package either, but that will for sure be added! lol

I am currently going back and forth on the Black Diamond with squatch or Badlands. Difference from my research would be lights/grill, front sway disconnect and 35 inch tires with different wheels. Decisions, decisions.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I am currently going back and forth on the Black Diamond with squatch or Badlands. Difference from my research would be lights/grill, front sway disconnect and 35 inch tires with different wheels. Decisions, decisions.
Sasquatch includes the locking front and rear diffs too, however it has less wheel articulation than the 33" Badlands. You can apparently order a Badlands with Sasquatch, and could replace the 35's with 33's and have full articulation with locking diffs and the fsb disconnect.

Since the Squatch isn't available with a manual, I'm leaning Badlands at the moment, but really don't want the vinyl seats, sounds awful in Texas.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Sasquatch includes the locking front and rear diffs too, however it has less wheel articulation than the 33" Badlands. You can apparently order a Badlands with Sasquatch, and could replace the 35's with 33's and have full articulation with locking diffs and the fsb disconnect.

Since the Squatch isn't available with a manual, I'm leaning Badlands at the moment, but really don't want the vinyl seats, sounds awful in Texas.

Yup, aware of all of the above. I have always driven manual and may be okay with auto, will have to see how it drives. My deciding factor will be price point between the two with options. The squatch package on the badlands adds what, 35 inch mud tires? Already had the HOSS suspension and front and rear locking diffs. The Black Diamond did not get the baja setting with the Goat but instead gets sport.

I am considering parting out my GTI in a couple years for this, something I never thought I would say. Earliest delivery I have heard is mid 2022 right now. So you frequent Bronco6g?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Yup, aware of all of the above. I have always driven manual and may be okay with auto, will have to see how it drives. My deciding factor will be price point between the two with options. The squatch package on the badlands adds what, 35 inch mud tires? Already had the HOSS suspension and front and rear locking diffs. The Black Diamond did not get the baja setting with the Goat but instead gets sport.

I am considering parting out my GTI in a couple years for this, something I never thought I would say. Earliest delivery I have heard is mid 2022 right now. So you frequent Bronco6g?
Yeah, looks like the Badlands has an option for 33" or 35" mud tires already and does include the lockers, I'd over looked that. So I suppose the Squatch would only add the brush bar and cosmetic stuff. Yeah, spent a little time on the 6g forum. Debating adding a third car, so would likely do a 2 door Badlands with minimal options, but would prefer cloth, so might try to rig up something close to a Badlands without actually being so. Would be nice if they'd get the configurator going, but like you said, far enough away that I don't really need to worry about it right now.

I think if I were going auto, I'd likely just stick to my earlier plan of doing a new D90, but I suppose you'd be giving up the removable roof, but gaining a lot of power, much more standard kit and possibly an available V8, but no one really knows if that will just be a D110 option yet.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

I'm curious what the actual material will look and feel like. Maybe I'm on crack but I thought I read something about a marine grade.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Is there any part of marine grade vinyl that isn't going to be unpleasant as a seating surface outside of Alaska?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I mean I go out on all sorts of different boats in Florida and never once have I though, wow this vinyl really sucks. But again, haven't really given it much thought.
But I've been on some very nice wake boats and some of those seats are nicer than some car seats lol.
I would definitely want to see it in person in the Bronco before committing. But I would imagine it would be a nicer vinyl, unlike the base vinyl you get in an F150.
Bit I definitely like the idea of at along with the drains in the floor...

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Is there any part of marine grade vinyl that isn't going to be unpleasant as a seating surface outside of Alaska?

Many of the RAM series trucks (tradesman packaged equipped specifically) offer vinyl seats with vinyl coated floors and despite conceptually thinking vinyl would be a hot sticky mess, they are actually quite fantastic. The seats breath while being impervious to most liquids but best of all they don't hold any moisture. A 5 year old contractors vinyl interior, despite being exposed to job site conditions most of its life, smells better than most office commuter cloth based interiors after a year.

Its one of the things I despised about all of the wranglers I've owned. Yeah sure, the floor can be washed out but the reality is, with a wrangler, you have to be so OCD about what actually gets wet that you rarely end up actually hosing any interior part down unless you're running $400+ wet okole seat covers and even then, the interior stinks for weeks.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry but it's ugly and don't know why Ford would bring back that ugly vehicle. The front looks like they copied it from an FJ.

Ah the FJ, also a beautiful and capable truck. ; )

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Were they? A friend had one and the 4wd was always broken. Also impossible for me to see out of it in just about any direction. Clearly designed for short people only.

Perhaps an eye of the beholder thing. I wanted one pretty badly after selling my last JKU Rubi. Test drove 2 but examples in good condition are pricey. I'm 5'11 / 190lbs and didn't feel cramped or vision limited. Ended up with a nearly new CPO 4Runner for the price of a 20k mile 6 y/o FJ. No regrets, great truck. I suspect both the wrangler and FJ resale values will take a pretty big hit soon though given the bronco's release.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Perhaps an eye of the beholder thing. I wanted one pretty badly after selling my last JKU Rubi. Test drove 2 but examples in good condition are pricey. I'm 5'11 / 190lbs and didn't feel cramped or vision limited. Ended up with a nearly new CPO 4Runner for the price of a 20k mile 6 y/o FJ. No regrets, great truck. I suspect both the wrangler and FJ resale values will take a pretty big hit soon though given the bronco's release.
Yeah, it was weird. I'm only 6'2" but felt like I was in the headliner. The top of the windshield was in my field of view and the rear windows were all well below my line of sight. I had the seat as low as it could go too. It surprised me as it's a large vehicle, I drove a Miata for years and fit fine after some (relatively) basic adjustments. Just immediately removed them from my consideration once I sat in one.