GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Can anyone recommend a reflex sight for a scattergun? Think it's time to update the Mossy. ;)
Check out Primary Arms. I picked up their red dot for my AR and it's an EOTech match (sold mine back to EOTech due their "false" MOA claim).

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
A portion of my BassPro order of .22LR ammo was delivered this morning! 🥳
20200906_094837.jpg

Tink, tink, tink....😜

Fedexxxxx.gif

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Alright y’all.... need a handgun for my wife.

Must be 9mm. Can’t be full size (barrel between 3”-4”) and capacity needs to be at least 10 rounds or more. No revolvers

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Took me several minutes to see the gun............ :ROFLMAO:

Anyone have first hand experience with Panzer Arms AR-12s or the brand at all? Looking to add some serious power to my safe (nothing says get off my pourch like a drum fed semi-auto 12 guage......) and got my eyes on one but not sure if it's a quality piece.

Watched this video. The guy seems to give an honest review. He also talks about the brand. IIWM, I would check out the company and the warranty seeing as it's made in Turkey. Sounds like you want at least a Gen 3. I prefer a pump gun because you use low recoil ammo with a rubber pistol grip. And there was a gun in the picture?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

Must be 9mm. Can’t be full size (barrel between 3”-4”) and capacity needs to be at least 10 rounds or more. No revolvers

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....

Unless you buy an aftermarket mag that sticks out of the well I'm pretty sure you'll need something with a double stack mag to obtain your goal of 10 rounds in a compact 9. That will make the gun a lot wider, so if that's not an issue for her there's your list and a few others. It depends on how much you want to spend. I had a full size all steel Smith with a 14-round mag, and despite the weight the recoil was harsh with conventional ammo. A compact plastic gun is harsher. I moved to lighter bullets myself, and they still feed reliably. If this is going to be a carry gun even an experienced shooter can have trouble acquiring a target for a second shot with even medium power rounds.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....

Shield 9mm with a mag extension or a Glock 43x. The Glock 26 is short...but is pretty thick...the 43x is single stack and slimmer. I have a Shield 9mm with a Hyve mag extension bringing capacity from 8 to 10.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....

P365 is an excellent CC and extremely accurate for its size. Wife bought me one for Father's Day and goes almost everywhere with me. I know you asked for other options but you cannot go wrong with the Sig.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Fed....I hear your points

Shield 9mm with a mag extension or a Glock 43x. The Glock 26 is short...but is pretty thick...the 43x is single stack and slimmer. I have a Shield 9mm with a Hyve mag extension bringing capacity from 8 to 10.
My EDC is the shield in.40 and ideally getting another would allow me to carry in all my IWB holsters, should I need to. Mag extension is a good idea. She is partial to the Glock due to no side safety, but slight trigger safety.

P365 is an excellent CC and extremely accurate for its size. Wife bought me one for Father's Day and goes almost everywhere with me. I know you asked for other options but you cannot go wrong with the Sig.

Never owned a Sig, but you’ve stated what I’ve also heard elsewhere. IF I can find one....lol

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....
Lots of good options.
How is your lady carrying?
Just thinking about printing w/extended mags IWB.

On the topic of IWB, what do you guys use as your dedicated carry belt?
I just got a Blue Alpha and am liking it really well. Totes my Hellcat and extra mag holsters nicely. Stout and infinitely adjustable while comfortable as well.

Last edited:

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....

Take her to a gun store with a massive selection, and let her put her hands on as many guns as possible. Whichever feels good in her hand, or she is drawn to, gets sat aside. Then narrow down those choices by reliability, etc.

Basically, l
t her pick the gun.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Lots of good options.
How is your lady carrying?
Just thinking about printing w/extended mags IWB.

On the topic of IWB, what do you guys use as your dedicated carry belt?
I just got a Blue Alpha and am liking it really well. Totes my Hellcat and extra mag holsters nicely. Stout and infinitely adjustable while comfortable as well.

She’s currently not carrying, so she’s starting down that road, but was a killer shot with her old M&P .45. As for belt, I use a 511....been decent so far

Take her to a gun store with a massive selection, and let her put her hands on as many guns as possible. Whichever feels good in her hand, or she is drawn to, gets sat aside. Then narrow down those choices by reliability, etc.

Basically, l
t her pick the gun.

I did that, but she literally looked at me and said she’d get used to whatever, as long as it wasn’t too heavy/bulky (aka full size).

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
She’s currently not carrying, so she’s starting down that road, but was a killer shot with her old M&P .45. As for belt, I use a 511....been decent so far
A less expensive pistol to consider is a
Taurus G2C.
20200926_142544.jpg
Thin, high capacity, lightweight.

If there are Rural King stores (kinda like a Lowe's/Tractor Supply but with guns and ammo) in your area, they may have them in stock.
Grabagun gets shipments of the Sigs and Hellcats randomly. Their prices are higher, but at least you can buy from them in this environment.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Picking up a Shield in 9mm.... found local used one with only 66 rounds through it. I’ll get an extended mag and call it a day. Appreciate all the input!!