GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Virtual Cockpit Navigation

ADOB123

Hi there, I've just picked up the Golf Life Mk8 - does anyone know how / if you can get the map on the virtual cockpit?

I've been cycling through the menus but it doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I could be wrong but the Golf life comes with the Discovery media unit which does not have that function. The Discovery Pro does.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I could be wrong but the Golf life comes with the Discovery media unit which does not have that function. The Discovery Pro does.
My bad : i found this video of Mk8 Life model where the maps are on the active info display. Using the view button on the steering should allow you to change the view to maps.

oakserver

Yes, view button on the steering wheel does it for me. Discover Pro sat nav is required for this, but I believe up until very recently Satnav Pro was standard equipment..

Gazinet

Hi,
My dealer said that you can't view maps in the virtual cockpit if you have Discover Pro.
Seem silly as this is a very expensive option
See bottom left in image.
image002.jpg

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
They've changed the brochure since May then

1605027847255.png

Azhar saleem

I have the r line 1.5 tsi 130. I've been doing my brains in. Even the entry level has the ability to view maps on the virtual cockpit?

Gazinet

Unfortunately it is visible if you have the Digital Cockpit Pro.
A step back from previous models.

Azhar saleem

That's weird as the entry level model has this feature I've seen everywhere on YouTube. But the r line which I have doesn't? I'm waiting for technical at vw to get back to me, just want to make sure otherwise that's really disappointing

Gazinet

Let me know if they give you the same answer as me.
I have the Style eTSI.

Azhar saleem

Will do my friend. In thr clusters on the virtual cockpit it allows me to click navigation but I get a little direction animation but no maps. Really disappointed by that.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I was checking the new product guide that just came out for 2021 here in Ireland and they updated the Discovery Equipment section:
2020:
Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 10.17.52.png

2021:
Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 10.17.38.png

I have asked VW for more information because I ordered my car in September and is to arrive in early January.
Will I get the Pro or Media? I can see option 2 been the answer.
Also in the UK you need to pay 1600£ for the Discovery Pro for all Trim versions even the GTI/GTD/GTE
Where here in Ireland we don't even get that option.

Azhar saleem

I was checking the new product guide that just came out for 2021 here in Ireland and they updated the Discovery Equipment section:
2020:
View attachment 192965
2021:
View attachment 192964
I have asked VW for more information because I ordered my car in September and is to arrive in early January.
Will I get the Pro or Media? I can see option 2 been the answer.
Also in the UK you need to pay 1600£ for the Discovery Pro for all Trim versions even the GTI/GTD/GTE
Where here in Ireland we don't even get that option.
Interesting. I ordered mine in August and was delivered yesterday. Im still really confused

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So first off the package code for discovery media and pro and what they consist:
RBF Package:
Navigation system "Discover Media" incl. voice control QK1 - Multifunction camera
QR9 - Dynamic Road Sign Display
QV3 - Digital radio reception DAB+
7UT - Navigation system "Discover Media"
8AR - Radio
8RT - 6+1 speakers
9WJ - App-Connect incl. App-Connect Wireless for Apple CarPlay

RCB Package:
Navigation system "Discover Pro"
EL5 - Online service, with OCU, with head unit coding, without engine immobilizer interconnection QH1 - Voice control
QK1 - Multifunction camera
QR9 - Dynamic Road Sign Display
QV3 - Digital radio reception DAB+
7UG - Navigation system "Discover Pro" incl. Streaming & Internet
8AR - Radio
8RT - 6+1 speakers
9WJ - App-Connect incl. App-Connect Wireless for Apple CarPlay

I just checked with my VW rep and he sent me all the pr-codes and Package code for my car and I do have the RCB package with 7UG Discover Pro. :giggle:
if you have the 7UG code then you have the Discovery Pro.
If it's 7UT then you have the Discovery Media.