GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 BRZ

torga

Autocross Champion
Lol. I get smoked by minivans from a red light all the time in my stage 1 GTI. Why? Because I’m not racing and IDGAF. ;)
Lots of people also just drive with a lead foot. The amount of minivans and crossover SUVs I see just blasting away from a stop for seemingly no reason is staggering. Meanwhile, I'm just having an easy, nice time.
I think that's a symptom of someone having never driven a manual trans. Most manual trans people know it's not a good idea to immediately bury the pedal from a stop. Unless, of course, you're hooning with a purpose 😏

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Lots of people also just drive with a lead foot. The amount of minivans and crossover SUVs I see just blasting away from a stop for seemingly no reason is staggering. Meanwhile, I'm just having an easy, nice time.
I think that's a symptom of someone having never driven a manual trans. Most manual trans people know it's not a good idea to immediately bury the pedal from a stop. Unless, of course, you're hooning with a purpose 😏

gas is cheap these days

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Dat ass.........

It's like a dog in heat. ;)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'd say doesn't look as good as the last (not bad, just not as good/special), its heavier which kills some of what made the previous great, and shame it STILL doesn't come with a turbo, and now the engine bay looks too crammed to add one in.

i bet subraru received THOUSANDS of letters and earnest customer reachouts begging for oem turbo engine out of the WRX and said:

"neglecting customer feedback. It's what makes a subaru, a subaru"

AM407

Autocross Champion
I’m not worried about the weight. I know Subaru has said the new car will be “under 2,900 lb” but I think they’re talking about worst case scenario with the, ugh, automatic.

The numbers I’ve seen show 2,815 lb for the manual, vs. 2,798 lb for the old manual. Yeah, weight gain sucks, but I think that’s acceptable for the extra chassis stiffness and power.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see when the car actually comes out. I’m really looking forward to the reviews

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh, well if it's ~20 lbs we are talking about, especially if it is stiffer then that's awesome.

also missed a post talking about a better torque curve - also cool.

still needs moar 2jz

Phur

Autocross Champion
The styling just looks bland and uninspired to me. I agree with Jay that the front end looks like a lazy Z. The tail lights look old and boring.

Phur

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
THATS IT! YES. You should rename yourself to assman.