GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

torga

Autocross Champion
I know this is an F1 thread, but man, first Audi announces they're returning to high-level prototype racing, now Porsche is coming back, too? WEC -- specifically Le Mans -- is about to get VERY interesting again. Toyota has been running basically unparalleled for the last few years. I mean, I guess there was Rebellion and that other team in LMP1, but.... come on. They were nowhere.
Toyota v Audi v Porsche is the WEC competition we all deserve.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/16/racefans-round-up-16-12-3/

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah I saw that yesterday as well!
Came as quite a surprise since I don't follow that series anymore.
Guess it is time to get back into it!

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I my twisted old mind sees Toyota winning Le Mans with itself as its only competition little more than a participation award. Glad there will be some real competition next year.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Part of me gets in WEC then I lose interest. Same with WRC.

How do guys watch the races? I saw Alonso’s stint live streamed on a back room computer when I worked atApple back then 😬

For F1, TSN broadcasts quality and the race in Canada.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Part of me gets in WEC then I lose interest. Same with WRC.

How do guys watch the races? I saw Alonso’s stint live streamed on a back room computer when I worked atApple back then 😬

For F1, TSN broadcasts quality and the race in Canada.

I have F1TV since I'm in the US; that's the only thing I consistently watch live. I typically watch WEC and IMSA races on their YT channel months after they happen, and if I want to watch anything else live, I find a uh... completely legitimate third party stream or something similar.

torga

Autocross Champion
I have F1TV since I'm in the US; that's the only thing I consistently watch live. I typically watch WEC and IMSA races on their YT channel months after they happen, and if I want to watch anything else live, I find a uh... completely legitimate third party stream or something similar.
I'm so annoyed with F1TV this year. I bought their cheaper TV Access Plan over the Pro plan because when comparing the two, the only significant difference presented to me was being unable to watch races live. I thought, "fine by me, I never wake up at 4a or 6a to watch these races, I'll just watch them a little later in the day". NOWHERE did it say that TV Access users have to wait 48 hours after air to watch a session. So all year, I've been stuck waiting until Tuesdays.
I tried for a couple months to get it changed, but F1TV's customer support is practically nonexistent and there's no way to upgrade to the Pro plan on their website -- I'd have to cancel TV Access and eat the cost, then fully resub to Pro.

Seems, RB made the right call with their second driver.
YES!! After a fairly consistent performance from Pérez all year coming to a crescendo like that, how could they keep Albon over him with a straight face?? Excited to see what the team dynamic will be like over at RBR next year.
I already know I'm gonna love the dynamic at McLaren -- Ricciardo and Norris are a match made in goofy heaven.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
We may not get the car changes utill 2022 but man it looks like 2021 is still going to be interesting to watch!!!

torga

Autocross Champion
We may not get the car changes utill 2022 but man it looks like 2021 is still going to be interesting to watch!!!
2020 was interesting as hell as well, with all the new temp tracks due to COVID and all the wild, mix-up races. Lots of memorable ones this year.

Let's hope 2021 keeps that trend a bit (but with fewer team members getting COVID).