GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Still have not been able to even test out my Rock Island VR80 AR-12, the only range that allows shotguns around me is 75 minutes away. The free open space public range near me has several signs posted stating no shotguns allowed but I'm getting close to just seeing if no one is there and running a test on my drum at least once to make sure it feeds and fires. Sheesh.

I mean, from 20 feet away it looks like a standard scary AR-15 so if someone shows up I just put it away.......

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I loved my keltec ksg. perfect for the cqb needs and holds 14+1. Highly recommend one!!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I loved my keltec ksg. perfect for the cqb needs and holds 14+1. Highly recommend one!!

VR80 holds 20+1 with a drum. :cool:

I do like the KSB lets you basically run two loadouts though, it's really a 7+7+1, load one side with slugs and one with buck, or buck and bird, etc. That's a cool feature for sure. Just seems bulky and a bit cumbersome.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I've sent hundreds of rounds down range with zero problems . It actually feels really nice. With it only being 20 someodd inches long it feels right when rounding corners . With a laser, sight, and a foregrip, it is a completely new animal. If one was to get it I would highly recommend the extended selector though. Just for ease of mag selection.

Attachments

• 20200326_212822.jpg
    20200326_212822.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 158

uberdot

Autocross Champion
I've sent hundreds of rounds down range with zero problems . It actually feels really nice. With it only being 20 someodd inches long it feels right when rounding corners . With a laser, sight, and a foregrip, it is a completely new animal. If one was to get it I would highly recommend the extended selector though. Just for ease of mag selection.
Is there a single fire mode or are the firing pins not independent?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
AR-15 recommendations under $1500? I've shot the M&P, Sig Tread, and the Springfield Saint. Liked them all... What else is out there that I'm missing that's worth a look.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Is there a single fire mode or are the firing pins not independent?
The original ksg only has one barrel and one firing pin. It has 2 magazine tubes under the single barrel that the selector is for.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Ah ok. Thought it was a double barrel. Couldn’t tell from that angle. Now I want a double barrel tube fed bullpup.
You are looking for the DP12 shotgun. They look like a fun gun. Never shot one though.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Palmetto State Armory on a budget. Those others mentioned are great. Daniel Defense and Radical are others worth looking at.
Thanks! I had my eye on a DDM4 V7 but the market for those is crazy right now... Heavily leaning towards the Springfield Saint Victor

swcrow

Autocross Champion
AR-15 recommendations under $1500? I've shot the M&P, Sig Tread, and the Springfield Saint. Liked them all... What else is out there that I'm missing that's worth a look.

Palmetto State Armory on a budget. Those others mentioned are great. Daniel Defense, Foxtrot Mike and Radical are others worth looking at.
This...PSA is who I used in my AR10 build. You're gonna pay $$$$$ for DD or Larue. Yankee Hill, Colt and a Bravo Company USA is a good place to check out.

I'd seriously consider building your own.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
For around 1k you can get an F1 firearms ar15. Mine had the wylde barrel for 5.56 and .223. Stainless also. Mlok full length hand guard and all magpul furniture. I've only fired around 100 rounds through it so far but that trigger pull is butter!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
As it turns out, I like 6mm ARC.

That is all.