GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20210221-185223.png

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
It's been a couple of years since my immature younger self was a regular on golfmkv but I just traded in my precious '06 and thought everyone should know. 160k miles and no CEL. Will miss you <3
1616705549969.png

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
1618458369599.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20210417-223313_Instagram.jpg

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
The only thing funny about this IG post is the asshole posting it doesn't know the rules of the road. The cyclists are in a group and allowed to ride double file, just like motorcycles. Even with the double yellow line, the car behind is allowed to pass when safely able to

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bike traveling 20 mph on a 55 mph road. Regardless of law, it's dangerous and bikes not moving over for cars is selfish.

Would you think a car traveling 30mph on a 65mph highway is safe and should be allowed.

There is too much speed discrepancy for it to be safe regardless of law.

I've been stuck behind a group of cyclists for miles unable to pass. Multiple places where they could have moved for cars to pass, but refused to.

Hell, even cars have courtesy and move over to shoulder for others to pass on 2 lane roads.

I still respect their space, but don't always agree with how they handle it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
bikes should be on the shoulder if a paved one exists. I share the road otherwise. i have no issues with a car doing 30 in a 65 so long as i can safely pass them.

highway safety professionals have designed the system in place, i imagine they have good justification that surely supersedes any opinion on the matter.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
True, cyclists need to handle things better for sure, but comparing a highway to a rural road (like that photo depicts) that has no other traffic is not a comparison. There won't be that kind of speed discrepancy on that road in the photo, and on the highway there won't be oncoming traffic and both parties are in cars. The speed discrepancy would be the same on that rural road if the cyclists were a car going 20mph, so no difference, Just the arrogance of the driver behind thinking they should be yielded to no matter what or who is front. EVErYBODY needs to RTFM to learn the rules of the road.
I have NEVER had a car pull over for me on a regular two lane road. Drivers just aren't that courteous.
Rant over, back to your regularly scheduled show

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I feel like, at least in my area, they shouldn't have the right if there's no bike lane. I can't imagine how dense someone has to be to think it's ok to block an entire lane of cars. It's never somebody that's just trying to get to work either, it's always some dork in a full bike outfit that's trying to see how many miles he can go. I saw someone doing it the other day down a road you NEVER see bikes going down. There's no bike lane with people going 45-55 mph in their cars, but there's a sidewalk so people usually use that. It just didn't look like a bright idea to be forcing people to merge into the other lane. I could never even have that kind of trust in people...to just keep chugging along at 20mph, never looking back to see what's going on behind me, probably not even thinking of the risk being taken is something I couldn't do. I'd also feel like a complete jackass.