GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Software Update

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
It seems that the best fix is just to turn everything off in the car then 😂 I don’t think I’ve ever had a car with so many problems… it’s getting boring now.

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
Few minutes ago I gave back rental Golf 8 United (maybe rent a car version). Discovery media
SW 1803
Compared to my 1664 differences are:
- no issues wit Carplay connection
- carplay menu speed OK (mine can be very slow)
- after entering adress and guidance in Carplay, navigation worked even on AID: arrows to turn, distance and road code. Makes me wonder if it works with HUD.
- parking sensors were more agile. In my case they start beeping at 1/2 m (2ft) -sometimes quite late

All the rest unchanged: after each start internet privacy stuff…

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
United was a limited edition for Euro 2020 which obviously never happened,Not seen a Golf one though only T Roc,Tiguan and Polo i think were sold here.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
My turn for software woes as soon as i drove off this morning i got the message dynamic road sign display unavailable,Then travel assist unavailable,Then dynamic cornering lights fault,This kept popping up every couple of minutes,Lane assist was turned off by itself this carried on until i restarted the engine at some lights.

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m currently trying to get my car terminated with VW Uk. I’ve had enough with it now, if I can get out of the car I’ll go else where.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Today i got "parking brake fault-contact workshop" which vanished after i restarted the engine.It's a bit worrying that a serious message might be ignored due to all the erroneous ones.

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
i get that message at least 3 time a week nothing to worry about 😅 , my new message of the week is "48v Battery Error please Tow to workshop stop the vehicle" followed by the engine cutting out. Rang the dealership and funny enough there's a software update for that ! i'm sure that's there answer for everything
Today i got "parking brake fault-contact workshop" which vanished after i restarted the engine.It's a bit worrying that a serious message might be ignored due to all the erroneous ones.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Still a lot of bugs but no news on a newer software update for the 16xx brigade..
My Car is 2 weeks in the workshop for the rearview camera problem. The camera was replaced 3 times , the cabling all checked twice and the infotainment unit was swapped. Problem still present. Now they are talking about coding/ software... :eek:
And what about the Wifi 5Ghz which is disabled on my eHybrid. They loaned me a Golf 8 Life and I discovered that it is active on it, Wireless CarPlay working perfectly with no hiccups.
With two My2021 Golf 8, with only a week difference in production, you could have or not have Maps on the dashboard, AA wireless , Exit warning, Apple/Google directions on dashboard, Wifi 5Ghz, 6/7 different control units..., etc..

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Massimo 2323 have you noticed if the air conditioning is sometimes working whilst plugged in and charging. My GTE hybrid does and I’m not sure if this is normal and is doing it to keep the battery cool whilst charging when the weather is hot.

I think VW should concentrate in sorting out all the existing problems before introducing new features like Exit Warning.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes I noticed that too. I was thinking the same that it is doing it to cool the battery while charging...
I will ask another friend over in Italy who has a 8 Gte if it happens to him too.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Many thanks for that. Pleased to know that VW‘s PHEVs have such systems to prevent their HV batteries from over heating and therefore helping longevity.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,
I have collected my Golf MK8 GTI Clubsport 2 days ago. Software version 1803.
I have noticed two issues:
  1. Phone favorites reset/disappear after every drive.
  2. When listening to music via Bluetooth (not via CarPlay but via Infotainment) from my iPhone, when a song finishes it does not switch to the next song but rather plays the same song from the beginning for about 2 seconds and only then switches to the next song.
Does anyone else have the above mentioned issues?
I have contacted my dealer and am awaiting his response.

BR,
Tibor

arciere

I'll share my experience, it might be useful to someone.

Golf purchased in Jan 2021, on lease. Since pretty much day 1, I started to get that popping sound from the speakers, then infotainment freezing, then either a) back to normal after 15-20 seconds or b) SOS Emergency call error, then the system is kaput. When that does happen, I get this:

- Android Auto freezes (I mainly use Waze), although the music keeps playing
- The car's GPS is fine at first, but then it slowly begins to show random locations, increasingly more far away than where the car actually is
- If ACC is on, and the speed is controlled by the system, the car slams on the brakes on the motorway doing 70 mph if the GPS shows that it's about to hit a roundabout miles away
- It's impossible to change privacy settings (function is not available)

Some comments/notes:

- When the SOS error shows, it disappears after the car is switched off for at least 10 minutes
- The car works perfectly fine if the internal Internet services are off (which happens when the privacy settings are set to maximum, all the way left)
- Another way to remove the SOS error message is to press the emergency call button for 50-60 seconds, until it initiates the emergency call. Be ready to cancel it on the screen before it actually connects. This clears the error and the infotainment system starts to work again (although it may reboot on its own once) without having to lock the car for 10 minutes
- The popping sound (and subsequent SOS error) seems to happen always at specific locations, and mainly in central London for me, almost never when I leave town. Therefore it is NOT a low signal issue.
- When the car shows a front assist not available message, in my case it always happens when it's really humid and cold outside, it disappears as soon as the car warms up (I believe the sensor is covered in frost or something)

I took the car to VW on several occasions, they ran software updates but never managed to fix the issue. Eventually, they literally gave up saying that there is currently no fix for this, which is embarrassing to say the least.

I'm really not happy with my Microsoft Golf.