GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I wait like 3 days after a GP to harvest all the memes.

View attachment 216186

I love this one. Altering suspension to allow for better cornering in corners and higher top speed in straights is totally fine, but we don't like it when you alter your aero for better cornering in corners and higher top speed in straights

bentin

Autocross Champion
I love this one. Altering suspension to allow for better cornering in corners and higher top speed in straights is totally fine, but we don't like it when you alter your aero for better cornering in corners and higher top speed in straights
Exactly, that one made me laugh. Plus Hank is awesome.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Wonder if Botas will leave rather than get let go.
Actually a good race. season is really shaping up to be one to remember.

torga

Autocross Champion
It was Spain all over again! What a great last few laps, preceded by some excellent suspense. Man, two excellent races in a row! And a three-peat for RBR!
And Norris, just wow. Clearly the best of the rest, even clearing Bottas at the moment in the standings.

Edit: confused Bahrain and Spain

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
It's certainly been enjoyable having entertainment this season, not just MB running away with it like the last few years. I may not like Max, but it is fun having some competition finally. Let those wings flex!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Sergio Perez is a much stronger teammate to Verstappen than Bottas is to Hamilton.

I feel like Bottas is really envious of Hamilton and whenever he needs to be a good teammate he does the opposite. A couple of races ago they tell Bottas "don't hold Lewis up. " So of course, as soon as Hamilton gets on his tail, all of a sudden Bottas can drive well enough to give Hamilton the business and Lewis has to work for the pass.

Fast forward to this week and in a similar situation if Bottas had been able to race tough and hold his lines he could have kept Verstappen behind him for at least another lap. Instead the second Max is on his tail Bottas just instantly folds and let's him through 😐

bentin

Autocross Champion
Bottas has certainly towed the company line for a long time, I can see getting fed up with it. But he's always been a bit recalcitrant about team orders too. I think Mercedes is sort of caught in a weird spot with Hamilton not ready to hang it up, but they also need a solid second driver and Bottas is in no way up to the challenge. It will be interesting to see where they go for their second driver once the silly season really kicks in, I can't see them retaining Bottas (or him staying) and I don't see them trying to get Norris on so soon, but that might be their only real hope.

torga

Autocross Champion
It will be interesting to see where they go for their second driver once the silly season really kicks in, I can't see them retaining Bottas (or him staying) and I don't see them trying to get Norris on so soon, but that might be their only real hope.
George Russell has entered the chat.

Sergio Perez is a much stronger teammate to Verstappen than Bottas is to Hamilton.
It took him a few races to get up to speed with the machinery, but we might be looking at another Vettel/Webber pair. What's left to know is how Perez's ego compares to Webber's.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Russell would actually be a pretty solid fit, and might be capable of being a great first driver by the time Hammy hangs it up.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

I feel like Bottas is really envious of Hamilton and whenever he needs to be a good teammate he does the opposite. A couple of races ago they tell Bottas "don't hold Lewis up. " So of course, as soon as Hamilton gets on his tail, all of a sudden Bottas can drive well enough to give Hamilton the business and Lewis has to work for the pass.

Fast forward to this week and in a similar situation if Bottas had been able to race tough and hold his lines he could have kept Verstappen behind him for at least another lap. Instead the second Max is on his tail Bottas just instantly folds and let's him through 😐

I thought the pundits were saying the Red Bull was configured faster in the straights than the Mercedes, and Max was on much fresher (and softer) tires, and he had DRS... I wasn't surprised that he reeled Bottas in the way he did. The pass on Hamilton was exciting because of when in the race it happened, plus the strategy stuff, but the actual moving-one-car-around-the-other part of the pass wasn't super exciting IMO.

George Russell has entered the chat.
Russell would actually be a pretty solid fit, and might be capable of being a great first driver by the time Hammy hangs it up.

Didn't Russell fill in for Ham last year because of Covid and kick ass?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I thought it was an enjoyable race. Seems the brain power at Benz has had a stroke. They used to so good with strategy. OH & Lewis, why the fark didn't he fight with Max. He rolled over & said take me I'm yours. Max would have got him even if he fought, but at least he'd not looked so bad. :unsure:

bentin

Autocross Champion
I thought it was an enjoyable race. Seems the brain power at Benz has had a stroke. They used to so good with strategy. OH & Lewis, why the fark didn't he fight with Max. He rolled over & said take me I'm yours. Max would have got him even if he fought, but at least he'd not looked so bad. :unsure:
Have you not seen nearly any passing maneuver by Verstappen? It nearly always involves a collision and one or both cars being out of the race. Hamilton just wanted no part of that and knew the MB strategy had failed.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Have you not seen nearly any passing maneuver by Verstappen? It nearly always involves a collision and one or both cars being out of the race. Hamilton just wanted no part of that and knew the MB strategy had failed.

That is true. I still hate to see someone of his caliber just roll over. Another thing I don't understand why Benz did not pit Bottas so he could get fast lap. Heck he was something like 54 seconds in front of 5th place. Plenty of time for a free stop.

torga

Autocross Champion
That is true. I still hate to see someone of his caliber just roll over. Another thing I don't understand why Benz did not pit Bottas so he could get fast lap. Heck he was something like 54 seconds in front of 5th place. Plenty of time for a free stop.
I figured that was a no brainer. I read that they left him out because they were actually reasonably positive that Perez would get a penalty from passing Bottas, because he went off the track a little bit. But the penalty never came.