GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saw These Leather Driving Shoes...

battle.munky

Ready to race!
I've always wondered about driving shoes and if it would enhance the experience. I'm usually not thinking about my feet so my footware must be ok. I don't know if I understand enough of the difference? I do have a pair of boots that always seem to not get out of the way of the pedals cleanly when going from brake to gas.

I've never understood driving gloves either though.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've always wondered about driving shoes and if it would enhance the experience. I'm usually not thinking about my feet so my footware must be ok. I don't know if I understand enough of the difference? I do have a pair of boots that always seem to not get out of the way of the pedals cleanly when going from brake to gas.

Daily driving they don't make much of a difference. On a track I fumble around if I'm not wearing driving shoes, and gloves for that matter. They're light, narrow, have a thin sole for feedback and grip on the heel. A must have for performance driving. Those slippers fed linked I wouldnt call driving shoes lol.

20210623_084951.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My worn out Pumas work great as driving shoes

Pliable, soft, hardly any sole.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
In College when making long drives in my manual CRX with no cruise, I wore my old wrestling shoes. Kept feet from falling asleep. I now have a pair of Puma driving shoes that I love. Nice round heel and light weight. Best part is with thin sole I sit .5” closer to wheel which makes arm reach to wheel perfect. With thicker shoes and daily driving I sit farther back and feel I reach some for wheel. If you are driving in hills for fun or long distance, yes driving shoes make a difference. Not the best for hiking however.

Attachments

• 05852F30-01F6-421E-ADF7-836938C8E4EC.jpeg
    05852F30-01F6-421E-ADF7-836938C8E4EC.jpeg
    801.6 KB · Views: 189

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

I find your hands don't slip on the leather wheel, and as important, at least to me, you don't need to grip the wheel as hard.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Daily driving they don't make much of a difference. On a track I fumble around if I'm not wearing driving shoes, and gloves for that matter. They're light, narrow, have a thin sole for feedback and grip on the heel. A must have for performance driving. Those slippers fed linked I wouldnt call driving shoes lol.

View attachment 217491
Very dope shoes!

I whip out my old cheap puma speedcats myself

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I find your hands don't slip on the leather wheel, and as important, at least to me, you don't need to grip the wheel as hard.
I would think in long races gloves would help plus most racing ones offer fire protection. I know in electric cart racing they help. Tight turns over time might get rough on hands.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I wear fingerless gloves when I daily. I don’t want to ruin the cheap leather on the wheel. Plus wedding bands wreck steering wheels
Do you wear a Tyvek suit to keep the seats nice? Maybe those cool paper floor mats with size 41 foot prints on them? Use your shit, you paid for it, you beat the living shit out of it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Do you wear a Tyvek suit to keep the seats nice? Maybe those cool paper floor mats with size 41 foot prints on them? Use your shit, you paid for it, you beat the living shit out of it.
A gouged steering wheel will force me to buy that new apr wheel 😂

I don’t want to spend money on that if I don’t have to.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
My knife clip wrecks my steering wheel a lot more than my ring. But at least so far, Leatherique has kept it looking close enough to new that I don't worry about it.
I love leatherique but to use it to its upmost is a pain in the butt

I’ve been using the chemical guys leather cleaner spray, cheap medium stiff brush by kiwi and the chemical guys leather conditioner.

almost the same results, without the trash bag around the wheel LOL.

when I do my seats, definitely gonna do the leatherique route it just lasts longer. Like way longer.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I love leatherique but to use it to its upmost is a pain in the butt

I’ve been using the chemical guys leather cleaner spray, cheap medium stiff brush by kiwi and the chemical guys leather conditioner.

almost the same results, without the trash bag around the wheel LOL.

when I do my seats, definitely gonna do the leatherique route it just lasts longer. Like way longer.
I need to get some of that, most of the CG stuff I have is great. I have the leather on my wheel, and that's it. The seats are plaid, the gear shift and e-brake are not real and just get 303.

I just swapped from a Benchmade to a Spyderco and a flat stamped clip to a wire clip, I think that should help cut down on the abuse.