GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saw These Leather Driving Shoes...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Daily driving they don't make much of a difference. On a track I fumble around if I'm not wearing driving shoes, and gloves for that matter. They're light, narrow, have a thin sole for feedback and grip on the heel. A must have for performance driving. Those slippers fed linked I wouldnt call driving shoes lol.

View attachment 217491

Yeah, but do you have a scorpion jacket?

Ryan Gosling in Drive_wide-76786f8494fcb99a1cbc7251550926d68f0add7a-s800-c85.jpg

damiennn

Ready to race!
I tried a pair of 'driving moccasins' while bringing out my inner Clarkson .. was getting foot cramps due to lack of support.
Switched to a simple pair of low cut all-star converse sneakers. No more cramps / tons of pedal grip.. they work really well & they are cheap. 🍻

1624630392410.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I tried a pair of 'driving moccasins' while bringing out my inner Clarkson .. was getting foot cramps due to lack of support.
Switched to a simple pair of low cut all-star converse sneakers. No more cramps / tons of pedal grip.. they work really well & they are cheap. 🍻

View attachment 217720
Cons do well. I’ve never tried a pair of vans but I see them a lot on track. Folks swear by them

damiennn

Ready to race!
Im not into cons either but I know folks on track that size up half a size and fit in some dr sholls inserts. maybe thats what he did?
no additional anything. just a plain pair of low cut chuck taylors. that's all.. they worked so much better than the fancy pair of driving moccasins I tried using on my drive from NJ to Wookies in the Woods in TN .. after about 4 hours or so was getting foot cramps cause my foot was moving around too much within the shoe (yes the size was correct). stopped for food, switched to old chucks, then all was well for the next 8 hours.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
no additional anything. just a plain pair of low cut chuck taylors. that's all.. they worked so much better than the fancy pair of driving moccasins I tried using on my drive from NJ to Wookies in the Woods in TN .. after about 4 hours or so was getting foot cramps cause my foot was moving around too much within the shoe (yes the size was correct). stopped for food, switched to old chucks, then all was well for the next 8 hours.
Nice! The only cons I ever liked were the all star 2000’s

bentin

Autocross Champion
Chuck 70's are about 3x more comfortable than regular Chucks, just size down half a size from Brannock. However low Chucks are dumb, I just buy Vans if I need low shoes.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Several years ago I bought a pair of Oakley driving boots. Got them from the Oakley rep at the store where I used to work. DIdn't pay attention to the size of the actual shoe, listed size 12 (correct for me) on the box but the shoes themselves are labeled on the tongue as 10.5. I did cram my feet into them for a couple days but my wife bought me a set of Piloti shoes that actually fit.

The Oakleys are in very good shape if anybody is interested in them let me know.