GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

torga

Autocross Champion
I've heard a rumor that it'll be an auto-only hybrid. Sad if true -- it'll be the CR-Z all over again.

I'd love to see an Integra Type R with a 6spd and the engine from the Civic Type R.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
see what happens.

i saw this rendering some enthusiast probably made and was thinking... man i would buy that in a heartbeat. huge fan of the integra.
1628880923402.png

torga

Autocross Champion
That looks pretty good. The way that the rear angle flows into the wing reminds me of the 7th gen Celica. Bit of RSX, too. Which, I suppose was actually an Integra the whole time anyway.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
They won’t make it like it should be. Look at the new Type S. It could be so much better and IMO falls short.

no manual 👎
Down on power for its weight
Interior, tho nice is lacking compared to the competition

I hope I’m wrong

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
I've heard a rumor that it'll be an auto-only hybrid. Sad if true -- it'll be the CR-Z all over again.

I'd love to see an Integra Type R with a 6spd and the engine from the Civic Type R.

I've been hearing something along the lines of a Civic Si-based 1.5T/DCT for the base version, and 2.0T+10AT for the Type S. If the latter is Type R derived, I wouldn't be surprised, but it's probably going to be a tarted up version of the 2.0T in the Accord.

However, if there's more Type R DNA in the Type S than I think is going in, and will be sold as a sportback sedan a la Audi A5, my GTI is unfortunately as good as gone.

torga

Autocross Champion
I've been hearing something along the lines of a Civic Si-based 1.5T/DCT for the base version, and 2.0T+10AT for the Type S. If the latter is Type R derived, I wouldn't be surprised, but it's probably going to be a tarted up version of the 2.0T in the Accord.

However, if there's more Type R DNA in the Type S than I think is going in, and will be sold as a sportback sedan a la Audi A5, my GTI is unfortunately as good as gone.
2.0T+10AT, huh? My first instinct is to cringe, but I haven't actually driven Honda's 10AT -- so I really can't say. I will say that I hope the new Integra isn't a sedan. Feels like lately every revival of a fun, 2dr car has been turning them into sedans.

btw, love your profile pic

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Risky using an iconic name. Even if it's a pretty good car, it can leave people pretty upset. See 04 GTO. It was a good car by any other name, but it wasn't a GTO.

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
see what happens.

i saw this rendering some enthusiast probably made and was thinking... man i would buy that in a heartbeat. huge fan of the integra.
View attachment 222608
I saw this render in white with a few different angles thrown in too. The front end will definitely be different. I was able to make out the TLX-esque grille from the IG post. These proportions look good though and I'm hoping the reveal brings something similar to this.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Risky using an iconic name. Even if it's a pretty good car, it can leave people pretty upset. See 04 GTO. It was a good car by any other name, but it wasn't a GTO.
Yep, it was a Holden. People are incensed at the BMW Supra as well.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I have high hopes for this, but I'm ready to be disappointed as well. Between this and the new Z though, I am really liking the 90's car styling revival.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yep, it was a Holden. People are incensed at the BMW Supra as well.
Much like most new cars people are incensed about, the majority of people mad at the "BMW" Supra and yelling that they'll never buy one... would never be able to afford one anyway.

I personally love it and think it's the most beautiful Supra to date. And the BMW B58 engine has massive power potential. The biggest flaw of the A90 Supra is the interior, imo. It came directly from the BMW parts bin and lacks all imagination. Compare it to the interior of the A80 Supra -- what a dope interior that was. It looked like the cockpit of a fighter jet.

torga

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Much like most new cars people are incensed about, the majority of people mad at the "BMW" Supra and yelling that they'll never buy one... would never be able to afford one anyway.
The flip side of this coin is all the people who say how awesome certain cars are and how they need interesting engines, manual transmissions, better steering feel, etc. but don't freaking buy them. Same end result though; someone's opinion about a sports car means jack all to the manufacturer of they can't buy it.