Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Did a bird, came out great as always.

20210711_170702.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
8# brisket is on at 205F

Took about 7 hours, most of it at 205F. Ramped up to 275F in the last 20 minutes then doubled up the foil for a full hour rest in the oven.

The results were progressively better than the last brisket according the the wife, (who’s definitely my biggest critic lol) so I’m happy with that.

The fat cap was a good portion of the mass, so very little leftover.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Took about 7 hours, most of it at 205F. Ramped up to 275F in the last 20 minutes then doubled up the foil for a full hour rest in the oven.

The results were progressively better than the last brisket according the the wife, (who’s definitely my biggest critic lol) so I’m happy with that.

The fat cap was a good portion of the mass, so very little leftover.

Every time I look at this thread I regret doing so on an empty stomach. That looks great.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
3-2-1 spare ribs on the Egg with a smoked brown sugar rub. The last hour I’ll douse them in BBQ sauce and get some nice caramelization going.
09DABA3C-FCCF-43D8-8134-8FB4770C4268.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion

I buy 34# bags of Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal at Costco. Unfortunately, it's for some reason "seasonal", as if people only BBQ in the summer or something 🤷‍♂️

In related news, I bought a Kamado Joe Jr to go with my classic (and gas grill and Char Q). Should be here tomorrow. I've officially broken my wife down to the point she agreed we needed another grill 🤣

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Should be here tomorrow. I've officially broken my wife down to the point she agreed we needed another grill 🤣
😂 I have a BGE and Weber Genesis… I reallyyyy want a Blackstone. Id cook outside 7 days a week if it were up to me.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
😂 I have a BGE and Weber Genesis… I reallyyyy want a Blackstone. Id cook outside 7 days a week if it were up to me.

I’m itching to do another brisket or some steaks.

We did burgers and brats on the grill tonight & it’s just not the same

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
I’m itching to do another brisket or some steaks.

We did burgers and brats on the grill tonight & it’s just not the same
Still haven’t tried brisket yet on the egg… that’s one I need to do.

I’m with ya on the grill. I use it pretty infrequently… every now and then I’ll throw hot dogs on it or something quick it’s not work getting the egg lit for. The Weber does have a really cool sear feature that I use to reverse sear thick steaks… after I take them off of the egg 😂