Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

KevinC

Autocross Champion
shots fired
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.32.20 PM.png

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Does anyone else find the chick fil a programmed response of "my pleasure!" a little bit creepy?
Not at all. For my entire life "my pleasure" was a common reply when one said "thank you" in this type of setting. Somehow in recent years that response has morphed into "no problem", and THAT I find creepy. No problem? Of course it's not a problem. It's a mindless dumb reply.

You probably hear "my pleasure" here for 2 reasons - one, the employees are actually trained, unlike many fast food employees nowadays, who just want $15/hr for showing up and doing a shitty job. Secondly, have you ever seen a CFA or In-N-Out burger employee who actually seems to hate their job? They don't exist. So "my pleasure" is a totally appropriate response when it's sincere.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Not at all. For my entire life "my pleasure" was a common reply when one said "thank you" in this type of setting. Somehow in recent years that response has morphed into "no problem", and THAT I find creepy. No problem? Of course it's not a problem. It's a mindless dumb reply.

You probably hear "my pleasure" here for 2 reasons - one, the employees are actually trained, unlike many fast food employees nowadays, who just want $15/hr for showing up and doing a shitty job. Secondly, have you ever seen a CFA or In-N-Out burger employee who actually seems to hate their job? They don't exist. So "my pleasure" is a totally appropriate response when it's sincere.
Perhaps it's a regional thing? "You're welcome" is a more normal reply where I'm from. It's not just the words though, it's the dead-eyed stare, hollow smile and eerily similar intonation that makes it seem practiced and cult like, rather than appreciative.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
It’s not a spicy chicken sandwich if the “spicy ness” is in the Mayo. Without it, it’s just a chicken sandwich. Popeyes is out.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Maybe it’s a generation thing. I’m cool with no problem. No prob bob. Thanks. See ya. Peace. Whatever really.

CfA sauce is pretty delicious tho.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'd like a side of pleasure, please.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Perhaps it's a regional thing? "You're welcome" is a more normal reply where I'm from. It's not just the words though, it's the dead-eyed stare, hollow smile and eerily similar intonation that makes it seem practiced and cult like, rather than appreciative.
Common here too and around me when I grew up (SF bay area before Silicon Valley ate it).

I don't get the "hollow smile" feeling from these guys at all. Or if I ever have, it's been so rare as to not remember it occurring.