GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powerlifting Programs. Recommend One(or two)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I tried years ago, but my body totally rejected growing/lifting heavy and trying to be a runner (Army). For me, it was either/or. I put on 20lbs in the first 6 months in Korea because all I did was work, work out and drink EAS shakes. My body hated me after that. I had to settle for lifting to maintain (not gaining) and keeping running.

Bravo to those that do it....

anotero

Autocross Champion
Yeah that's pretty much what I did, I kept
some of the compound movements but added Supersets at the end of each workout for pump and detail. Now I do more volume as when I started.

Here is my after and before.
View attachment 224747

Not trying to jack your post but lifting is something I am passionate about and definitely wanted to share my results so far.

By all means. I welcome all information. Great progress by the way.

Do you do super sets of assistance exercises or of the basic compound ones?

anotero

Autocross Champion
I tried years ago, but my body totally rejected growing/lifting heavy and trying to be a runner (Army). For me, it was either/or. I put on 20lbs in the first 6 months in Korea because all I did was work, work out and drink EAS shakes. My body hated me after that. I had to settle for lifting to maintain (not gaining) and keeping running.

Bravo to those that do it....

Running and lifting hate each other. Gladly i hate running, so for me the choice to lift instead is an obvious one.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Running and lifting hate each other. Gladly i hate running, so for me the choice to lift instead is an obvious one.
Sprinting and lifting love each other.

I used to lift heavy, a lot, blood on the barbell. As I got older, the barbell did not suit me anymore. I've been lifting for over 23 years now - and at my tender age of 38, all I train with these days is kettlebells. The weight gain from heavy muscles did not suit my skeleton anymore. I felt cumbersome and always in some sort of pain. I went from walking around a constant 245 to 205 and I feel like a 16 year old again.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Sprinting and lifting love each other.

I used to lift heavy, a lot, blood on the barbell. As I got older, the barbell did not suit me anymore. I've been lifting for over 23 years now - and at my tender age of 38, all I train with these days is kettlebells. The weight gain from heavy muscles did not suit my skeleton anymore. I felt cumbersome and always in some sort of pain. I went from walking around a constant 245 to 205 and I feel like a 16 year old again.

I hate running (flat feet), so I'll just keep hating it.

Kettlebells are fun. I have a couple.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
By all means. I welcome all information. Great progress by the way.

Do you do super sets of assistance exercises or of the basic compound ones?

Compounds or any workout I want more stress on. For instance I do alot of pull variations, so I would row until I couldn't lift no more then 5reps. I drop the weight in half and lift again, no rest until I couldn't lift at all. at the end it would just be lifting the bar no weights the bar alone would feel so heavy after Supersets I couldn't even lift it 5 times. I do my supersets at the end of a workout and I absolutely would not recommend it starting out. You will not grow, it's to much damage on the muscle. I'm at the point where I need to life heavier to gain or increase volume. My joints don't grow, so I choose volume VS going heavy and have further joint issues. Just want to add the most important is the food, I was never able to grow until I literally got me a coach just for meals prep and holy crap I blew up. In 3 months i gained 20lbs, then we dialed back a bit.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I've been doing a bunch of random stuff lately. Just trying to get back into the swing of things after an extended break of zero training. My strength is coming back but everything still feels like it's heavy af.

anotero

Autocross Champion
I've been doing a bunch of random stuff lately. Just trying to get back into the swing of things after an extended break of zero training. My strength is coming back but everything still feels like it's heavy af.
What's your goal?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
I'd say more just overall fitness/lose some more weight and then reassess.

I say try a CrossFit class or boot camp. You meet cool people, do activities and helps your health.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Tried to hit the leg press today and it was in the position for midgets. Pretty annoying trying to get it back up to normal person height.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Did my 5x5 on my day off from work today. Felt so much better than working out after work.
Totally. I workout at lunchtime. I built a gym in the basement and I work from home sine March 2020. Bored, but it has its advantages.