GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Sort of the nature of two elite athletes continuing to play outside of the rules. If they do it again, expect an even stronger penalty.
I bet Verstappen's right-front tire-man is feeling mighty awful right now. If that pitstop had been even half a second faster, we wouldn't have gotten that crash-out. It looked like he only imagined he had tightened the wheel and just put his gun up as a ready sign. Then one of the crew behind him gave him a smack on the shoulder and he quickly realized he hadn't done anything and then tightened the wheel.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I bet Verstappen's right-front tire-man is feeling mighty awful right now. If that pitstop had been even half a second faster, we wouldn't have gotten that crash-out. It looked like he only imagined he had tightened the wheel and just put his gun up as a ready sign. Then one of the crew behind him gave him a smack on the shoulder and he quickly realized he hadn't done anything and then tightened the wheel.
Max would have found another chance to hit Hammy. That’s just Max being Max.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
If Hamilton's pit crew had done a faster stop he'd have come out far ahead of Norris & Max. Both teams pit crews muffed up.

torga

Autocross Champion
If Hamilton's pit crew had done a faster stop he'd have come out far ahead of Norris & Max. Both teams pit crews muffed up.
Fair, but a ~4.5s stop is a standard, run-of-the-mill, every-day muff up. But a ~11s stop because your mechanic thought he tightened the wheel nut is a monumental muff up.

torga

Autocross Champion
I might be out of the loop still but was Max's pit stop issue partly because of the new sensors the FIA added to pit stops, where you can't release unless all wheels are on properly?

It might have been. Here's the replay, pay attention to right-front. I originally thought that the wheel gun operator forgot to tighten the wheelnut and was reminded to do his job by a teammate, but the replay does show him tightening the wheelnut.

"2021 Italian Grand Prix: Slow pit stop puts Max Verstappen on the back foot at Monza" (formula1.com)

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Red Bull has done monumental muffed up stops before. Remember how they lost a certain Monte win for Ricciardo? This latest one wasn't even close.

torga

Autocross Champion
4hxwvcuza2o71.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
I watched it on Friday. I was in tears at some moments. Great, great documentary.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I watched it on Friday. I was in tears at some moments. Great, great documentary.

The over the shoulder lap at Monaco during the opening credits and the under the chin of the same lap during the closing credits... that alone gave me chills. And the sound of those glorious, screaming, naturally aspirated 3L V12s and V10s... that's the sound of FREEDOM, baby!!!

JC_451

Autocross Champion

Ham still upset about that slow stop from the last race.

torga

Autocross Champion
Sochi Quali was BRILLIANT!!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
God damn. :confused:

Rain just ruined it for Lando. Their fault for not stopping earlier but still...

Really fun til the end tho.