GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Doom Patrol deserves more attention than it gets. It's the best thing DC has ever done and I'd put it ahead of anything marvel has done too.

torga

Autocross Champion
Doom Patrol deserves more attention than it gets. It's the best thing DC has ever done and I'd put it ahead of anything marvel has done too.

Best thing DC has ever done is a pretty low bar, imo. Speaking only about their recent cinematic universe, of course.

After the disaster that was the first Suicide Squad, I was ready to not give the sequel/reboot the time of day. But I was bored one day last month and switched it on. I was pleasantly surprised. The 2021 Suicide Squad ended up being a really fun movie.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Squid Game
Sweet Home
Lupin
Ratchet
Who killed Sarah
White Lines
Evil Genius
Love Death Robots
Money Heist
Mind Hunter

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Best thing DC has ever done is a pretty low bar, imo. Speaking only about their recent cinematic universe, of course.

After the disaster that was the first Suicide Squad, I was ready to not give the sequel/reboot the time of day. But I was bored one day last month and switched it on. I was pleasantly surprised. The 2021 Suicide Squad ended up being a really fun movie.
I'd probably put doom patrol on my like top 5 favorite series of all time. It's really that good. It's so unexpected and so random.

Brendan Fraser's been all over the news lately for his "return", but it's like where the fuck were you people back in 2019 when Doom Patrol came out. Brendans been back and he's been kickin ass already, but nobody really talks about his role in Doom Patrol. Granted, he's just a voice actor in this one and someone else is wearing the suit, but the 2 of them work together so well. He does have a few scenes where it's actually Brendan playing the role and not a man in a suit though.

Alan Tudyk was the bad guy in the first season too. He was a really good Mr. Nobody.

torga

Autocross Champion
Watch in native language with English subs. Dubbed is awful.

This is the universal rule for any live-action media whose original language is not English, tbh. Animated dubs can get a pass in some instances, but I'd still usually argue against.

A buddy of mine started watching Dark after I recommended it. He watched two episodes and said he hated it. Bewildered, I asked why as I was so sure he'd like it. He said the acting was horrible. So I ask, are you watching it in German? He was not. I turned him the right way and he loved the show.

Phur

Autocross Champion
^
100% agree.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I watched the movie Bone Tomahawk a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.
Kind of a slow start, but it builds up to a some pretty intense scenes and a great ending.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Why would anyone watch a show dubbed?

The problem I have with it, is hardly ever am I devoting 100% attention to the TV. Which subs require. But usually, dubs are horrible. So I pass on most foreign language media. It takes an absolute monster of a show to draw in my attention enough to watch it with subs. Dark was the last one.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
The problem I have with it, is hardly ever am I devoting 100% attention to the TV. Which subs require. But usually, dubs are horrible. So I pass on most foreign language media. It takes an absolute monster of a show to draw in my attention enough to watch it with subs. Dark was the last one.
Squid Game is worth your attention.