GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Perez defending on Hamilton was top tier. What a fun couple of corners. And big shout out to Tsunoda, who kept Hamilton behind him for 7 laps at the beginning. Was especially impressive when Hamilton just sailed past almost everyone else so easily after he finally made it past Tsunoda.

Vettel trying out the slicks was pretty hilarious. Had to feel bad for him, though.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Fun race.

Ham going off on the radio at the end made me laugh. Kind of seems like he should have just stayed out tho...

I thought the same until I heard Toto's interview with SkySports. Sounds like he was going to finish 5th regardless of their choice. Perhaps one position better if they had pitted earlier when they first wanted Lewis to box and gotten through the graining a few laps earlier.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure Ham would have still ended up 5th based on how fast LeClerc got run down before he boxed. So I agree with the above, I just would have liked to see Ham battle Perez and LeClerc instead of them getting the pass for free.

Vettel on the slicks was definitely the best. That was hilarious

torga

Autocross Champion
Vettel on the slicks was definitely the best. That was hilarious

Love seeing things fail so spectacularly, so quickly.

1633963095587.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Also, found this decision incredibly weird. I cannot believe Gasly got 5s for what was clearly a T1, lap 1, textbook racing incident. Meanwhile, we've got Hamilton hogging the entire racetrack trying to get past Perez... nothing.

1633963298001.png

Hamilton is a favorite; it's very clear. Even Crofty asking "did Lewis give Perez too much room?" and Button quickly coming back and saying "if anything, Perez gave Hamilton too much room".

Side note: I really, really enjoy when recent former drivers are in the commentary box. Always love hearing Button's and Rosberg's opinions on things and their breakdowns of strategy and such.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Fernando Alonso asks sarcastically if it's okay to go off track to make a pass. The response was super funny.

"It's not okay.

It's not okay for anyone"

Just the way they said it so calmly was hilarious. 😂

torga

Autocross Champion
Fernando Alonso, 2021 World Formula Sass Champion.

torga

Autocross Champion
Fernando Alonso asks sarcastically if it's okay to go off track to make a pass. The response was super funny.

"It's not okay.

It's not okay for anyone"

Just the way they said it so calmly was hilarious. 😂
7rzjqhl0egv71.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
What a tense last few laps. Whew! Great work from the drivers and especially the strategists. Those pit stops were timed very well.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Got to go in person and the most interesting thing for me was the consistency of cornering from the top 2 vs the rest. Max and Lewis consistently hit the same line.

This was just a few corners (12-15) from 1 race, but still showed part of why they are top

The most inconsistent was Ricciardo. He had wildly varying lines from lap to lap.