GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I usually aren't one to balk at spending money, but another $1,200 on top of the $3,500 already spent doesn't sound fun. Neither does ripping out the back seat to access the gas tank. For a street driven, daily driver car. Even I have my limits 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, up front, all of it is out of the question. But even if I woke up one day and went "You know what, I've had an epiphany. I do want to upgrade my LPFP", it would have to be a pre-done, drop in unit. Like the drop in ready brushless one EQT sells.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I usually aren't one to balk at spending money, but another $1,200 on top of the $3,500 already spent doesn't sound fun. Neither does ripping out the back seat to access the gas tank. For a street driven, daily driver car. Even I have my limits 🤣
After all your hard work, time and money I would hate to see your engine blow because of fuel starvation.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Damn y’all are tough. Unless your 93 is really good you don’t gain that much power upgrading the LPFP. In my experience at least. ESPECIALLY running New England 93 lol

That being said from an engine safety standpoint, it could be smart.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
TBH, the whole LPFP thing was another reason why I shied away from big turbo. Call me a wimp, call me cheap, whatever, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to if the LPFP is going to be able to keep up. From what I gathered when I was debating my decision, some have the headroom for 93 and others are on the ragged edge. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and upgrade the LPFP.

Rabbit hole dug...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
After all your hard work, time and money I would hate to see your engine blow because of fuel starvation.

Damn y’all are tough. Unless your 93 is really good you don’t gain that much power upgrading the LPFP. In my experience at least. ESPECIALLY running New England 93 lol

That being said from an engine safety standpoint, it could be smart.

It's ok, it's been addressed. Know this is what I said I wanted, but still hurts to read 🤣

Screenshot_20211104-183605_Gmail.jpg

Boost has been lowered 😭

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
A basic 450 pr stage 3 would be fine. That’s not $1200
even the small 305 should be fine for 93 with him at like 30psi, I’m running that small one with the Duty not capped and I’ve run up to e69 without a rail pressure drop.

This was E58 in the tank

310BFCD6-25FB-4D36-AE7F-ADE6B660E1E6.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Screenshot_20211104-193048_Chrome.jpg

🤔🤔🤔