GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powerlifting Programs. Recommend One(or two)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Totally. I workout at lunchtime. I built a gym in the basement and I work from home sine March 2020. Bored, but it has its advantages.
I built a home gym too with a Rogue power rack being the highlight. I wish i could work from home -- i would get more quality sleep to supplement my routine.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I built a home gym too with a Rogue power rack being the highlight. I wish i could work from home -- i would get more quality sleep to supplement my routine.
Sick. That's big boy styles. Mine is basic but it dies the job.

IMG_20211201_121714.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
After my 3rd or 4th Colt 45 40 ounce Malt liquor I can barely lift the next one. 🍻

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
How do you like those fat grips? You or @anotero recommend any specific brand of grip aid for pull movements?
I've been using them for over 10 years now. Primarily for pressing movements. They do a wonderful job at releasing pressure off the elbow and shoulder joints. Honestly, for pull movements, just squeeze the bar very tight, until your nails are white. Don't use aids. As your grip gets stronger, you get stronger on all your lifts.

anotero

Autocross Champion
I've been using them for over 10 years now. Primarily for pressing movements. They do a wonderful job at releasing pressure off the elbow and shoulder joints. Honestly, for pull movements, just squeeze the bar very tight, until your nails are white. Don't use aids. As your grip gets stronger, you get stronger on all your lifts.
This. The most I would use are straps for heavy deadlifts.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I started tracking macros for 6 1/2 months now. I’m down to 152 now, looking forward to getting hernia surgery done and behind me so that I can start working out again.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I started tracking macros for 6 1/2 months now. I’m down to 152 now, looking forward to getting hernia surgery done and behind me so that I can start working out again.
That’s good, what were you at before? It almost seems like sub 200 would be impossible for me.

Daks

Autocross Champion
That’s good, what were you at before? It almost seems like sub 200 would be impossible for me.
If you're just lifting, you won't drop. If you change diet and incorporate cardio training - I'm not talking jogging, that's for pussies. I'm talking explosive training that will fire up the heart rate, so doing 20 kettlebell swings every minute on the minute for 5 mins to start, then 6, then 7 etc.... You'll drop weight.

anotero

Autocross Champion
If you're just lifting, you won't drop. If you change diet and incorporate cardio training - I'm not talking jogging, that's for pussies. I'm talking explosive training that will fire up the heart rate, so doing 20 kettlebell swings every minute on the minute for 5 mins to start, then 6, then 7 etc.... You'll drop weight.

Good way to drop into lower weight categories.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I was about 180. I’m only 5’6”. I got up to 181 when I was lifting all the time before I started school. (Maybe 7 years ago) I was solid muscle then. Not body builder levels of fat or anything crazy like that, but pretty good. Going to school full time, then moving back to being on a forklift got me fluffy. Also, too many lattes.

Phur

Autocross Champion
The MyFitnessPal app has really helped both my wife and I. I highly recommend it.