GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

RevUpp

Hi there!
New member of the forum, since December 9th I´m a happy owner of a Nov ´13 GTI Performance, coming from a long long time of BMWs, (E36 and E46 M3) during more than 20 years, it´s my first time with the GTI experience ;)
Will add pics at the car colour section as soon as possible, I wish you all a nice day ;)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Hi there!
New member of the forum, since December 9th I´m a happy owner of a Nov ´13 GTI Performance, coming from a long long time of BMWs, (E36 and E46 M3) during more than 20 years, it´s my first time with the GTI experience ;)
Will add pics at the car colour section as soon as possible, I wish you all a nice day ;)
Welcome. Lots of E and F series BMW owners on here. I had an E36/8 and E36 M and E46 M, along with a bunch of non M's. You'll enjoy the GTI, it's a great car.

RevUpp

Welcome. Lots of E and F series BMW owners on here. I had an E36/8 and E36 M and E46 M, along with a bunch of non M's. You'll enjoy the GTI, it's a great car.
Nice to find M lovers around here! Yep, the GTI is a great car! Great to see that you love manuals also ;)

omer333

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi.

Name’s omer333. I don’t know if I need to do an introduction or not, I was on a Mk6 forum a few years ago… I had a Mk6 GTI.

As far as that car goes, I had it for a long time, but I ultimately needed to find something else with four doors, because the GTI was a two-door and my kids hated climbing into the back. So I looked, but not really, because I loved my GTI (I called it a poor man’s Porsche).

Unfortunately, I found myself starting deal with the repairs you have to make with a car is old, but not old and looking at the real possibility of other, more drastic repairs because age has caught up to your beloved car and you don’t exactly have a lot of cash to do all those repairs.

So I started looking a bit harder for newer car. I considered an Audi, but thought the repairs would kill me. There was no way I was doing a BMW. Kia, Hyundai, Ford, Volvo? Only if something jumped out at me. And something did, a Kia Sportage at a local Carmax. I booked an appointment to check out the Kia and noticed a Golf Sportwagen. I asked about the Sportwagen. Took it for a test drive, and asked to think about things.

The next day I drove this sweet 2017 Sportwagen home. It’s pretty rad, might not be AWD with DSG, but the kids love the panoramic moonroof and I’m happy to have the Fender sound system (Van Halen sounds really good on this).

so here I am.

Attachments

• 97BCD163-1661-4FBC-97C5-ABAC34FD9EE6.jpeg
    97BCD163-1661-4FBC-97C5-ABAC34FD9EE6.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 205

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Hi.

Name’s omer333. I don’t know if I need to do an introduction or not, I was on a Mk6 forum a few years ago… I had a Mk6 GTI.

As far as that car goes, I had it for a long time, but I ultimately needed to find something else with four doors, because the GTI was a two-door and my kids hated climbing into the back. So I looked, but not really, because I loved my GTI (I called it a poor man’s Porsche).

Unfortunately, I found myself starting deal with the repairs you have to make with a car is old, but not old and looking at the real possibility of other, more drastic repairs because age has caught up to your beloved car and you don’t exactly have a lot of cash to do all those repairs.

So I started looking a bit harder for newer car. I considered an Audi, but thought the repairs would kill me. There was no way I was doing a BMW. Kia, Hyundai, Ford, Volvo? Only if something jumped out at me. And something did, a Kia Sportage at a local Carmax. I booked an appointment to check out the Kia and noticed a Golf Sportwagen. I asked about the Sportwagen. Took it for a test drive, and asked to think about things.

The next day I drove this sweet 2017 Sportwagen home. It’s pretty rad, might not be AWD with DSG, but the kids love the panoramic moonroof and I’m happy to have the Fender sound system (Van Halen sounds really good on this).

so here I am.

Welcome to the forum.
Clean the pano water drains periodically. Mine leaked on my TDI SportWagen and made a huge puddle in the car.

Archeryfreak

Good Afternoon everyone! Just wanted to say a quick hello. Car history, 1989 jeep cherokee, 1965 Mustang, 1992 Subaru Legacy, 1998 Audi S4, 2000 Nissan Frontier, 1999 M3, 1992 Civic Hatch, 1999 Civic EX, 2007 Civic, 1987 M3, 1994 525t with s50 swap, 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins, (Currently have) 2020 Q5 and 2022 GTI SE. Just picked up the 2022 GTI SE and am getting to know the car. 43 miles on her so far but I have been enjoying it a ton. I'm planning to get through the first 1000 miles then do some auto cross and track days but nothing too competitive. Looking at picking up a OBDeleven. Has anyone had those or anything? I was thinking it may be a nice crossover to have for the Q5 and GTI maintenance. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Luke

Chubby Bunny

Autocross Champion
Been lurking for a long time, so might as well introduce.

Alrighty, so long time lover of Sport Compact cars, mostly JDM branded, had a STI from 2004-2008, put way to much money into it, absolutely loved it. A bundle of life things occurred, wrecked a Ducati Monster, that I should be dead from, that accident broke my leg. Two weeks later my daughter was born, with 2 kids and a broken leg, my wife basically had to drive me everywhere because i could drive the STI MT. So...decided to part ways with the STI, it was starting to have clutch issues because of the power, and couldnt fit 2 kids in back that easily. So took my insurance money from Ducati and my STI to a toyota dealer and got a fully loaded Tundra CrewMax. Got real good money for my STI, about $10k over what I paid for it. Sadly, the dealer let one of their young mechanics drive it, and they crashed it into a median trashing all my work, they put low quality parts back on it and sold it at a massive loss. I still have the Tundra, great truck. My son is about to be 16, so my wife told me I should start looking for a newer vehicle so he can have the truck. I have been in love with Euro cars for most my adult life, was browsing Audi and BMW, was set on getting an R, then I started focusing on the GTI. Felt it was a little more bang for the buck, funner to modify and still unique to my area (only 2 MK6 GTI in area) So started shopping, holding out for a good deal and found the car I wanted. Picked up my 2019 Rabbit in November, been doing some OBD11 mods, working on blacking the emblems. Little things for now. Need to get some new rubber for the rims, havent decided on Summer or A/S. I do have dedicated Winter set. Trying not to void the warranty, so might stay OEM for a bit, probably do a JB4, dogbone, and whatever I find on here that entices me.

Anyways, happy to be on here, great place to find valuable info!!!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

Alrighty, so long time lover of Sport Compact cars, mostly JDM branded, had a STI from 2004-2008, put way to much money into it, absolutely loved it. A bundle of life things occurred, wrecked a Ducati Monster, that I should be dead from, that accident broke my leg. Two weeks later my daughter was born, with 2 kids and a broken leg, my wife basically had to drive me everywhere because i could drive the STI MT. So...decided to part ways with the STI, it was starting to have clutch issues because of the power, and couldnt fit 2 kids in back that easily. So took my insurance money from Ducati and my STI to a toyota dealer and got a fully loaded Tundra CrewMax. Got real good money for my STI, about $10k over what I paid for it. Sadly, the dealer let one of their young mechanics drive it, and they crashed it into a median trashing all my work, they put low quality parts back on it and sold it at a massive loss. I still have the Tundra, great truck. My son is about to be 16, so my wife told me I should start looking for a newer vehicle so he can have the truck. I have been in love with Euro cars for most my adult life, was browsing Audi and BMW, was set on getting an R, then I started focusing on the GTI. Felt it was a little more bang for the buck, funner to modify and still unique to my area (only 2 MK6 GTI in area) So started shopping, holding out for a good deal and found the car I wanted. Picked up my 2019 Rabbit in November, been doing some OBD11 mods, working on blacking the emblems. Little things for now. Need to get some new rubber for the rims, havent decided on Summer or A/S. I do have dedicated Winter set. Trying not to void the warranty, so might stay OEM for a bit, probably do a JB4, dogbone, and whatever I find on here that entices me.

Welcome to the forum and sorry about your ordeal.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

Welcome!

Hold onto the warranty as long as you can. Once it's out, go wild.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Made an account here in the forums last Thursday but never introduced myself...

I originally was the typical car person who was extremely intimidated by VW/Audi's and talked negatively towards them, mainly because of the reliability and the influence around me at the time but all of that changed in the summer of 2018 when a good friend of mine let me drive his B8 A4 for a day(we were all going to a car meet in Detroit and I had no car to cruise to said location because ironically the JDM car I owned at the time was down do to reliability reasons lol).

Long story short, I would end up owning a 2008 S4 later that year and owned that car for quite some time.
Come February of this year I decided to treat myself to something worth remembering for my birthday since I normally don't do anything for my birthday and sure enough the first thing I told myself "I'm gonna get a new car but what would it be?" ....After doing some searching all day(meanwhile I am at work at my office not doing jack shit LOL). I came across a white MK7 GTI 6speed and instantly fell in love. Ended up getting myself that GTI and parted ways with my S4. This GTI is also a 6speed and had 40k miles when I bought it! Currently have 41k miles since I've purchased it.

gti.jpg

I will say, I'm truly enjoying this GTI far more than I thought I would and more comfortable to drive compared to my S4. Also the community here is far bigger in comparison since not many people find enjoyment let alone interests in owning an Audi with a 4.2 V8 due to many reasons... Anyways, I'm happy to be here and hope to make some new GTI friends along the way! :)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Made an account here in the forums last Thursday but never introduced myself...

I originally was the typical car person who was extremely intimidated by VW/Audi's and talked negatively towards them, mainly because of the reliability and the influence around me at the time but all of that changed in the summer of 2018 when a good friend of mine let me drive his B8 A4 for a day(we were all going to a car meet in Detroit and I had no car to cruise to said location because ironically the JDM car I owned at the time was down do to reliability reasons lol).

Long story short, I would end up owning a 2008 S4 later that year and owned that car for quite some time.
Come February of this year I decided to treat myself to something worth remembering for my birthday since I normally don't do anything for my birthday and sure enough the first thing I told myself "I'm gonna get a new car but what would it be?" ....After doing some searching all day(meanwhile I am at work at my office not doing jack shit LOL). I came across a white MK7 GTI 6speed and instantly fell in love. Ended up getting myself that GTI and parted ways with my S4. This GTI is also a 6speed and had 40k miles when I bought it! Currently have 41k miles since I've purchased it.

View attachment 241646

I will say, I'm truly enjoying this GTI far more than I thought I would and more comfortable to drive compared to my S4. Also the community here is far bigger in comparison since not many people find enjoyment let alone interests in owning an Audi with a 4.2 V8 due to many reasons... Anyways, I'm happy to be here and hope to make some new GTI friends along the way! :)

I was the same coming from the JDM world. Welcome and nice looking MK7. Once you realize how stupid easy it is to make power and with proper maintenance how reliable they can be you see why people like them so much.

Reactions: vu.