GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used Car Prices Keep Getting More Shocking

anotero

Autocross Champion
It wasn't a "I'm going to hunt you down and kill you" threat, it was a "this is a last warning before I have to escalate this because you disparaged my family" statement. 🤣

Some people should just stay out of off topic forums - and they should certainly not make unsolicited false statements.

For the rest of the group, his post about having family in PR was an "unsolicited statement" as he wasn't responding directly to a post that asked about family in PR.

By not beginning the sentence with "I", he is distancing himself from his statement and by closing with "this is the truth" means it isn't really the truth.

In unsolicited statements, there is no need to qualify them with a "it is the truth" statement, because it is always implied.

Accordingly, there are a few alternatives:

He has no family in PR
He has family in PR but is estranged from them
He has family in PR but is ashamed of them
There is some other issue with him and PR.

With these types of statements, the reader needs to ask "why did he feel the need to make that statement and why did he feel it necessary to qualify it with a "it is the truth"? Finally, considering that my post wasn't saying anything bad about either his family or PR, why did he feel it necessary to write me a long PM threatening to report me because of a fairly benign post?

BTW, how do you "forward" a PM?

FACEPALM.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Whatever out of context hot take you gleaned from a thread discussion doesn’t give you the justification for publicly calling into question the authenticity of my family heritage or positioning. If you paid any attention to the thread at all, I was stating that “This is the truth” in regards to ‘the more North you go in FL the more South you are’ because I have family that travels back and forth from South FL to Puerto Rico, and also have layovers in South FL from CA. Because you read a post out of context and because I didn’t attach a reply to a specific comment (Which there is no rule for) doesn’t mean you should play comment forensics and be egregiously insulting to someone’s family who has never had any negative interactions with you prior.

He's compensating by trying to throw shade at you here after getting his sorry ass handed to him in the scamdemic thread. I would completely disregard him.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Lol. I have no confidence in this government because it's used to further the interests of a class that's antagonistic to my own. I was asking you about why getting shafted by the big bro is worse than getting shafted by super greedy capital so i could see what your opinion is, not because i have any faith in thus government.

Understood. I have a choice in my healthcare. I have influence, but not a choice, in my government. That's the difference.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
He's compensating by trying to throw shade at you here after getting his sorry ass handed to him in the scamdemic thread. I would completely disregard him.
I never threatened anyone. I told him I gave him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully we can move beyond a misunderstanding. If there wasn’t a misunderstanding and he stood by his guns in continuing to insult my family I told him I would then elevate it. He then immediately called into question again my family’s status, publicly.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Understood. I have a choice in my healthcare. I have influence, but not a choice, in my government. That's the difference.

I work for a big corporation. The health "benefits" it offers is a high deductible plan. Thankfully my teacher wife has awesome coverage from work, so I'm on her plan. Had she not worked, i would have no choice.

History and societal development keep pushing forward. This shitty gubment will pass too. Maybe not in our lifetimes, though.

anotero

Autocross Champion
I never threatened anyone. I told him I gave him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully we can move beyond a misunderstanding. If there wasn’t a misunderstanding and he stood by his guns in continuing to insult my family I told him I would then elevate it. He then immediately called into question again my family’s status, publicly.

That's what cb does. I think he's very mentally challenged. Treat him as if he's a senile dumbass. Kind of like Brandon.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

You have a choice of insurance plans that have worse medical outcomes and cost far more that the government tyranny health plans in every other free country in the world.

Freedumb

Reactions: WAP

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I work for a big corporation. The health "benefits" it offers is a high deductible plan. Thankfully my teacher wife has awesome coverage from work, so I'm on her plan. Had she not worked, i would have no choice.

History and societal development keep pushing forward. This shitty gubment will pass too. Maybe not in our lifetimes, though.

I've worked for all size companies but I'm currently at a VC-owned SMB. We had two choices, a PPO or HDHP with employer subsidy. I chose the latter. My wife also has a good plan but we went with this because it was cheaper. I could have also gotten coverage through the marketplace. Four choices. With government run healthcare, there is no choice. The private healthcare companies cannot compete against the government, and will fail. The best doctor's won't work for government wages and will take patients privately.

king1138

Go Kart Champion
In an effort to get this thread back on the rails, I'd like to share a different perspective on the used / new vehicle cost problems. I run a government fleet automotive repair shop with a fleet of around 1,000 vehicles. Back in late 2019 we were preparing to submit a series of very large orders for replacement vehicles. We're talking $12 million in vehicles, or around a third of our fleet. These were all vehicles well over 100,000 miles, many near 200,000 miles. Then COVID hit and production shut down. In an effort to not stress the market, and since our vehicles stopped traveling literally overnight, we opted to hold our orders until production return to a reasonable level.
Now we're screwed. Since that time, we have only been able to purchase a few vehicles off the lot to meet immediate needs, and now the total number of vehicles needing replacement is about half my fleet. Some of my vehicles are now well over 200,000 miles, and any that were around the 100,000 mark are now over 150,000. Plus, ALL new vehicles are more expensive than they were. We used to be able to source new vehicles for about $5,000 under sticker, now we have to pay full sticker cost and feel lucky that's all the extra we have to pay. None of our available manufacturers (Ford and GM, American companies only for us) are taking orders for fleets. Why build for fleet equipment levels when you can build the most expensive trims and sell them with a $10,000 markup the instant they hit the lot?
Now to put it in perspective: I am ONE small fleet, in ONE low populated state. Image if you will every county, city, state, school district, and federal fleet in EACH state. They are ALL facing this exact same problem. And that's just government fleets. Rental agencies, soda delivery companies, Amazon, UPS, FedEx, and hundreds more private fleets are also facing the problems. We all need trucks, SUVs, cargo vans, sedans, the whole gambit of boring ass fleet vehicles. And we are desperate.
Want to know one reason why used cars are now so expensive? Fleets are buying literally everything we can get our hands on. So demand is WAY up and supply is WAY down. So between supply and demand, severely reduced production, microchip shortages, supply chain issues, and industry restrictions, we are in a perfect storm of automotive industry problems.
Now the kicker: everything I've been able to glean from the insiders that know is that we don't expect much relief from ANY of this until mid-to-late 2023. So buckle up, it's going to get ugly. Sorry for the rant, but obviously all this stuff has been weighing heavily on me for a while.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've worked for all size companies but I'm currently at a VC-owned SMB. We had two choices, a PPO or HDHP with employer subsidy. I chose the latter. My wife also has a good plan but we went with this because it was cheaper. I could have also gotten coverage through the marketplace. Four choices. With government run healthcare, there is no choice. The private healthcare companies cannot compete against the government, and will fail. The best doctor's won't work for government wages and will take patients privately.

Literally every western countries health system proves everything you're saying wrong.

The only reason most Americans are "happy" with their health care choices is because they haven't have to spend a month in the ICU and be put into medical debt the rest of their life.

You remind me of the people with the signs that said "keep government out of my Medicare". The reality is, at age 65+ on average you use 5 times the medical resources a year that you did prior to. Try getting private Medical insurance after 65 and let me know how hard those private companies laugh in your face. Literally the only reason you can afford the insurance you have now is that Medicare/Medicaid covers a majority of the high risk portions of the health care pool, and even then, private insurance companies are raping your while you think you're actually making a "choice".

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
In an effort to get this thread back on the rails....
laughing-puppets.gif

anotero

Autocross Champion

With the so called private sector choices you are choosing who's going to rip you off.

Why would there be no g't choice? Is not like there'll be one clinic that everyone has to go to.
Government doesn't mean absence of choices. Private clinics won't disappear.

Brits pay money to cross the English channel to go to doctors in France because the French government doctors are better than English private ones. The problem is not the government.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Literally every western countries health system proves everything you're saying wrong.

The only reason most Americans are "happy" with their health care choices is because they haven't have to spend a month in the ICU and be put into medical debt the rest of their life.

You remind me of the people with the signs that said "keep government out of my Medicare". The reality is, at age 65+ on average you use 5 times the medical resources a year that you did prior to. Try getting private Medical insurance after 65 and let me know how hard those private companies laugh in your face. Literally the only reason you can afford the insurance you have now is that Medicare/Medicaid covers a majority of the high risk portions of the health care pool, and even then, private insurance companies are raping your while you think you're actually making a "choice".

Dead wrong. You know nothing, zero, nada about my medical history or health issues. You also don't understand how Medicare works. Typical Joy Reid talking points. You are starting to bore me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Dead wrong. You know nothing, zero, nada about my medical history or health issues. You also don't understand how Medicare works. Typical Joy Reid talking points. You are starting to bore me.

Lol. I'm a PA AND have a degree in health care administration. I've Worked at every level of health care for the last 30 years.

You're a dimwit know nothing.

I never claimed to know your health history, so I have no idea what you're babbling about.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
With you active in government at all levels, I change my mind. No nothing anti-intellectuals in government makes me trust government much less. Thanks for letting me know you're involved. We can all blame you.
Isn't that like saying you're involved in medicine so we can.............. Jk