GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Strymon Volante

I ordered my Mk8 Style 1.5 DSG at the end of November 21, they told me to allow 6 months, but thought it would probably arrive a bit earlier. I'm not in a rush, thank goodness.

Stevie B

Hi all my golf Mk8 1.5 Active DSG, which i ordered on September 1st 2021 has arrived at the docks, so should pick it up in about 10 day (y).

mash_man

I spoke with the VW dealer here in the Netherlands and he told me that only small batches of Golfs where built because of general chip and 1,5 ETSI 110kw shortages.

They tried to order a batch of stock cars but backed out as production planning was set to 2023.

He had hopes for my build as postproning production stopped at some point, they think that VW will only build higher specced cars in smaller batches to make sure profitability is a high as posible with the limited stock being available.

My car was ordered 27-5-2021 and I got delivery at 5-2-2022.

BradAUK

I ordered a Golf 8 R-Line in May 2021 with Upgraded wheels, lights with front light bar, winter pack and sunroof. It was supposed to be here Sept, then pushed back to November. Just got a phone call from Lookers to say it is currently in build week and should arrive within next 5-10 weeks. Excited!

Daveh17

Hi all. I placed my order for a Golf 8 R Line with some upgrades on 24th Dec 21. I have been advised July 22 would be the very earliest delivery but likely to be longer. Hoping not but will see. Think I’m just going to forget the car for now and hope it comes sooner

DaveA

Well, after almost 9 months I'm getting my Style 150 1.5 DSG on Friday! Build week was confirmed 36 (6th Sep) so 4 months after start of build it's finally arrived. Was told it was at the docks ready to be shipped at the end of November and was told this week had made it to the dealer. Hope this gives others an idea of timelines.

Strymon Volante

I ordered my Mk8 Style 1.5 DSG at the end of November 21, they told me to allow 6 months, but thought it would probably arrive a bit earlier. I'm not in a rush, thank goodness.

Update: had a call from my dealer yesterday to say that my Golf Style ordered mid Nov 21 is scheduled to be built on week 16 of 2022 and should arrive in the UK 4 weeks later!

Jeev202

Hi all. I placed my order for a Golf 8 R Line with some upgrades on 24th Dec 21. I have been advised July 22 would be the very earliest delivery but likely to be longer. Hoping not but will see. Think I’m just going to forget the car for now and hope it comes sooner
I ordered one 20th December 2021 for GOLF R line, optional extras. Mine is due 30th June 2022. I’m willing to build it myself and drive it from Germany if I could! 😂🙈. Hopefully it comes earliet. I’m so impatient!

rayaans

Ready to race!
Ordered a Golf MK8 1.5 R-Line for the Mrs from DTD late December. Car ordered by supplying VW dealer on 21st December.

Went for Pure white / panoramic sunroof / side assist with folding mirrors / reversing camera / keyless entry / space saver spare wheel so reasonable spec.

She can't wait but unfortunately will have to as they said around 7 months. Had her Renault Clio for 4 years and selling it to her sister who recently just passed her driving test so I suppose 7 months isn't too bad timing

We did actually consider a Mk7.5 lightly used but I think the quality of the Mk8 is fine to be honest and the infotainment was better in our opinion. It's just a more modern car and things like the manual bonnet strut really doesn't bother us.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
When I ordered my Style 1.5 6sp in July 2021 I was told there was already delays for R-Line model orders for some reason and the microchip shortage was just starting to kick in. The Mk8 is pretty much as the reviews / trest drives describe it, it isn't prefect but but you know what I (still) like it waaaay more than I thought I would, hopefully postsers cars won't take too long....

Daveh17

I ordered one 20th December 2021 for GOLF R line, optional extras. Mine is due 30th June 2022. I’m willing to build it myself and drive it from Germany if I could! 😂🙈. Hopefully it comes earliet. I’m so impatient!
I feel your impatience as I’m sure we all do 😊. Will be the longest I have ever waited for a car. Just hope that these micro chip shortages and whatever else is causing delays, starts to improve soon. I have my 2019 Polo GTI until then and I love my current car but the Golf MK 8 interior really impressed me. Plus I just want more space and comfort and the Golf definitely provides that.

Jeev202

Honestly I agree. I currently have a 69 plate Vw polo R line. I’m gutted to be selling it but as you said it’d about space and comfort. Especially when I drive around 60 miles a day and I want a smooth car that can go to higher speeds without flooring it. I love my polo so much and done a solid 18k miles on it. but so excited for the golf! Trust me driving a 1 litre engine on motorways regularly ain’t it. Oh the stress I’ve caused to that engine 😂🙈.
I feel your impatience as I’m sure we all do 😊. Will be the longest I have ever waited for a car. Just hope that these micro chip shortages and whatever else is causing delays, starts to improve soon. I have my 2019 Polo GTI until then and I love my current car but the Golf MK 8 interior really impressed me. Plus I just want more space and comfort and the Golf definitely provides that.

Daveh17

Honestly I agree. I currently have a 69 plate Vw polo R line. I’m gutted to be selling it but as you said it’d about space and comfort. Especially when I drive around 60 miles a day and I want a smooth car that can go to higher speeds without flooring it. I love my polo so much and done a solid 18k miles on it. but so excited for the golf! Trust me driving a 1 litre engine on motorways regularly ain’t it. Oh the stress I’ve caused to that engine 😂🙈.
Haha yeah you will def love the Golf 8. My Polo GTI has been a brilliant car and having the power is fun. But being realistic theres not many times you get to really use it. When I test drove the 1.5 Golf (150ps) I was really surprised how punchy the car felt. With everything else you gain with the new golf id say it will more than compensate the (what feels like) small reduction in power. Plus I’m gonna get more miles in the Golf so will save a bit at the pump too